Lego Account Blocked -- Why?

neocacher

Ban from LEGO Shop at Home is not a ban from the physical Lego store.

True, but no early VIP access and sets in stock online are not always in stock at the physical store. Point is, it may be an inconvenience or it may not, just depends on your personal preferences and where you like to shop.

True, but no early VIP access and sets in stock online are not always in stock at the physical store. Point is, it may be an inconvenience or it may not, just depends on your personal preferences and where you like to shop.

What real value is early VIP access?  Not much.  I'll give you promos and access to the occasional rare, hard to find set like the Maersk Triple E as two major "inconveniences."

From an investment standpoint, generally no value, but in my original post I was speaking as a collector and why I like to shop at Lego. For example I'm excited for the Mini Cooper and plan to buy one for myself as soon as they're available. Not a huge deal to wait two weeks, but it's a personal preference and something I'd want to avoid.

From an investment standpoint, generally no value, but in my original post I was speaking as a collector and why I like to shop at Lego. For example I'm excited for the Mini Cooper and plan to buy one for myself as soon as they're available. Not a huge deal to wait two weeks, but it's a personal preference and something I'd want to avoid.

Yes.  I see your point.  As a true collector, LEGO reps have stated they have no issues with people buying a set to build and one to save for a rainy day.  Most collectors never get banned.  Buy 2 Tower Bridges and you won't get banned.  Buy 5 Tower Bridges and you might.  It's a fine line.

• Like 1

If you get banned from Lego, here's what you lose:

1. No VIP points (e.***., 5% off)

2. No direct access to giveaways; you'll have to get them on Ebay.

3. Early access to VIP sets.

Is there anything else?  I don't see it.

Even with double (or triple) VIP maps, I don't see the big deal.  We don't even list Amazon deals in the Daily Deals thread unless they are 25% off.

The only thing I would add to this is a better chance at receiving a minty fresh set.  They don't always arrive that way, but their track record is better than other retailers from my experience.  I'm a box snob so that's important to me.

• Like 1

If you get banned from Lego, here's what you lose:

1. No VIP points (e.***., 5% off)

2. No direct access to giveaways; you'll have to get them on Ebay.

3. Early access to VIP sets.

Is there anything else?  I don't see it.

Even with double (or triple) VIP maps, I don't see the big deal.  We don't even list Amazon deals in the Daily Deals thread unless they are 25% off.

Besides what others said, I have 4.5 words for you "Big Zoo and Vampyre Hearse". well, maybe Malevolence and Desert Skiff, but, man, that was quick...

• Like 1

Do LEGO Shop at Home orders link together with actual lego store orders in figuring out the "limits?"  For instance, if I were to order 4 GE's at LEGO Shop at Home and then go into the store and buy 4 more with the same VIP account, would they look at them together or are they separate entities?  Also, does lego just track by name/account/shipping address, or do they track IP address, credit card, etc?  I have a lot of family nearby that could set up their own accounts.  Just curious, and I'm sure no one really knows the real answer.

Do LEGO Shop at Home orders link together with actual lego store orders in figuring out the "limits?"  For instance, if I were to order 4 GE's at LEGO Shop at Home and then go into the store and buy 4 more with the same VIP account, would they look at them together or are they separate entities?  Also, does lego just track by name/account/shipping address, or do they track IP address, credit card, etc?  I have a lot of family nearby that could set up their own accounts.  Just curious, and I'm sure no one really knows the real answer.

they show up under the same history of orders as your online orders.

that's why i don't do my instore purchases with VIP.

i use cash too for instore  - that way there's no way of tracking.

clerks will try for 5 minutes to talk you into signing up for VIP when you are purchasing 4 modulars and HHs.

now i just come out and tell them i don't want to get banned for buying too many.

as time goes on i have become increasing paranoid about avoiding getting banned.

they show up under the same history of orders as your online orders.

that's why i don't do my instore purchases with VIP.

i use cash too for instore  - that way there's no way of tracking.

clerks will try for 5 minutes to talk you into signing up for VIP when you are purchasing 4 modulars and HHs.

now i just come out and tell them i don't want to get banned for buying too many.

as time goes on i have become increasing paranoid about avoiding getting banned.

"I don't have an email account" works as an excuse not to sign up, since you have to have one and go online to complete VIP registration. ;) Sure, they think you're a prepper off-the-grid kook, but better than them thinking you're a reseller! :D

• Like 1

For the record, I am a small fish. I share the same user name at EBay, BP, and Lego LEGO Shop at Home (no imagination) I will share any banning when it happens. As stated there are a lot of different avenues to acquire Legos. Right or wrong, I fear no retailer.

Who said this was just with LEGO corporate? Not paranoid just very very knowledgeable.

You did...and I quote...

"LEGO is watching this and other sites like a hawk. The ban hammer will start to fall faster and more often in the coming months. They are protecting their brand so be cautious. Your friends may actually be your enemies."  

Please, do not make unsubstantiated comments like this.  If you have some pertinent information to share and some proof to back it up...fell free to do so.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The ban guillotine has fallen!  

I had ordered 5 10220 VW Camper Vans throughout June-July, one at a time.  And one Grand Emporium.  I received a warning email last week, but decided to go ahead and try for two 21109 Exo Suits and two 21110 Research Institutes and a few other random things that I wanted, like base plates.  Order canceled, banned!  I didn't call to confirm as I didn't feel like wasting my time.  But I tried to place another random order, and it was canceled immediately.  

I have ordered about 8% of my inventory from Lego SAH this year, and 95% of that can be had elsewhere.  So it's not really a loss to me.  It's actually kind of liberating, not having to deal with purchase limits any more.  

I was able to cash in my VIP points at the LEGO store at least.

The ban guillotine has fallen!  

I had ordered 5 10220 VW Camper Vans throughout June-July, one at a time.  And one Grand Emporium.  I received a warning email last week, but decided to go ahead and try for two 21109 Exo Suits and two 21110 Research Institutes and a few other random things that I wanted, like base plates.  Order canceled, banned!  I didn't call to confirm as I didn't feel like wasting my time.  But I tried to place another random order, and it was canceled immediately.  

I have ordered about 8% of my inventory from Lego SAH this year, and 95% of that can be had elsewhere.  So it's not really a loss to me.  It's actually kind of liberating, not having to deal with purchase limits any more.  

I was able to cash in my VIP points at the LEGO store at least.

From the looks of your Brickfolio, most of your sets are quite large.  How many orders would you place a month?