Lego Account Blocked -- Why?

neocacher

5 tower bridges   1 winter village,  4 VW, 3 grand emporium.  Ordered over a 10 day period , one per order.  I got blocked on my 4th Grand emporium.  I also have a haunted house that is pending, and I don't know If i will get that.  I lost over $50 in points.

Again, is there any chance they may unban me ? does anyone know of anyone that has been unbanned?

5x tower bridge from lego.com .. why? lol

Why did you use LEGO Shop at Home to buy a Pet Shop if you were worried about ordering from them? Every other retailer is selling them. You need to mix it up.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I don't have any retailers near me 

I suppose Neocacher wanted the Shredder polybag, since apparently, a polybag is worth the ban hammer... :dontknow:

yes, and because i pay no sales tax since there are no Lego stores in South dakota, and I get 5% vip points.  Its way cheaper. I'm starting to think it is a lot of hassle.  I have a living room full of stuff and it could take years selling it.  There are a lot easier ways to make money, but for now I will hang in there and see if the block is permanent.

I am original post  I just Got blocked (cancelled order again today) after being unblocked 2 weeks ago.  This time I got blocked ordering a PET shop.  My first order of pet shop ever.  Lego LEGO Shop at Home is so screwed up.  Im about  to tell them where to go.  I don't know what their game is.  

Well, many people did say to lay low for a while, this is a knowledgable group gotta listen to the advice.   Lego is probably looking at the total volume of exclusives purchased and not just specific set limits.  I would have waited months before ordering anything to let things cool down.  Oh well, just buy elsewhere.  If you live by a physical lego store you can still buy there as well.

Odd though they gave him another chance, he waited 2 weeks and ordered one of something he had never ordered before and then they banned him though.  Why give him the second chance to begin with?

The person who gave him a second chance is probably a different person than the one who is looking through flagged accounts.  His account was flagged the first time because he met Lego's mysterious reseller criteria.  Even if they removed the ban, his account is still going to get flagged again for whatever reason it got flagged the first time.  Probably something to do with how many total exclusive sets he bought in a short period of time.

yes, and because i pay no sales tax since there are no Lego stores in South dakota, and I get 5% vip points.  Its way cheaper. I'm starting to think it is a lot of hassle.  I have a living room full of stuff and it could take years selling it.  There are a lot easier ways to make money, but for now I will hang in there and see if the block is permanent.

Quite honestly, you have no shot at being a serious reseller if you are only using LEGO S@H as your source for sets.  

• Like 6

I'm starting to feel a little troll-la-la'd here. I am not quite getting how someone could be on this site for weeks and not find the Daily Deals thread, not to mention all the other threads, not to mention the direct advice to buy elsewhere, and fail to realize that there are a lot of other places to buy LEGO.

Neocacher, if you're sincere, you are ignoring a great resource and need to educate yourself - stop buying now and spend at least ten hours or so reading a variety of investment threads on this site. You can thank me later.

If you're just having some fun with us, well played, as generally I spot the smirk faster than this. ;)

• Like 5

I'm starting to feel a little troll-la-la'd here. I am not quite getting how someone could be on this site for weeks and not find the Daily Deals thread, not to mention all the other threads, not to mention the direct advice to buy elsewhere, and fail to realize that there are a lot of other places to buy LEGO.

Neocacher, if you're sincere, you are ignoring a great resource and need to educate yourself - stop buying now and spend at least ten hours or so reading a variety of investment threads on this site. You can thank me later.

If you're just having some fun with us, well played, as generally I spot the smirk faster than this. ;)

Yes, I feel the same way.  Either neocacher is playing us or playing stupid to garner some attention.   :censored:

EDIT: I put the smiley face in there so I am not accused of being mean or degrading!

A couple of things for many of you new investors...

• LEGO will ban you for multiple purchases of the same set from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home within a short period of time...especially exclusives.
  • LEGO is not very clear on these limits, but take it from experience, people will be banned for multiple and frequent purchases of the same set
  • Mixing up purchases and keeping set purchases to 2 or 3 can prevent most bans
  • Even if banned from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home, there are many other options to buy LEGO sets...Amazon, eBay, TRU, Target, Walmart, etc...Many have better deals than LEGO themselves

When you get perma-banned, you will get a personalized letter signed by a Lego LEGO Shop at Home employee. :) Enjoy!

Don't buy too much, too often, and definitely don't immediately post online for sale once you receive the sets! (If you want to avoid a ban)

I have a living room full of stuff and it could take years selling it.  There are a lot easier ways to make money, but for now I will hang in there and see if the block is permanent.

For sure you need a special room for the sets.

I would also say that if investing in legos bothers you (I don't know but maybe), so you should stop because it's quite entertaining for many reasons (making money isn't the only part of it).

I spent about 4 hours by day for the last 6 months, checking lego sells (or how they have sold) and it's not a long time since I think I understand some facts (and I still learn more every day, certainly next Xmas will blow my mind).

For sure it's a lot of job and kowledge, but that's part of the fun.

The last part is about how you can care with buyers, nothing better than having a buyer very pleased (great package, informations about tracking, the fact that you reply quickly to mail and care to solve problems, etc.)

neocacher, is your LEGO Shop at Home name the same as your brickpicker/bricklink/ebay name?  I don't know if they cross reference these sites, but I know some people here have claimed that Lego accused them of having an ebay store reselling Lego.

LEGO is watching this and other sites like a hawk. The ban hammer will start to fall faster and more often in the coming months. They are protecting their brand so be cautious. Your friends may actually be your enemies.

Please stop with the paranoia.  You act if like people are doing something illegal.  If people get banned from LEGO S@H, so what...they can find better deals elsewhere.  

• Like 1

LEGO is watching this and other sites like a hawk. The ban hammer will start to fall faster and more often in the coming months. They are protecting their brand so be cautious. Your friends may actually be your enemies.

You my friend, are funny.......and paranoid.  I think Lego has bigger fish to fry.  They aren't on the forums here trying to see what we are all doing.  We are small time.

For sure you need a special room for the sets.

I would also say that if investing in legos bothers you (I don't know but maybe), so you should stop because it's quite entertaining for many reasons (making money isn't the only part of it).

I spent about 4 hours by day for the last 6 months, checking lego sells (or how they have sold) and it's not a long time since I think I understand some facts (and I still learn more every day, certainly next Xmas will blow my mind).

For sure it's a lot of job and kowledge, but that's part of the fun.

The last part is about how you can care with buyers, nothing better than having a buyer very pleased (great package, informations about tracking, the fact that you reply quickly to mail and care to solve problems, etc.)

I agree with you.  Trying to make money from Lego is great but it is also entertaining and fun to do.  I think you have to love Lego just because to enjoy this.  If you are just doing this to make money and you don't really like Lego and it's more of a burden, then it's probably a good idea to find something else to make money off of.

I think you have to love Lego just because to enjoy this.

Yeah and if you like legos it's cool because the work you have to do checking for deals is used for your investments, but also for yourself (sets you will keep), and for your friends too (sweet deal for them, or to make gifts).

I think it's something that have to be considered IMO, especially if your are a small investor.

If you get banned from Lego, here's what you lose:

1. No VIP points (e.***., 5% off)

2. No direct access to giveaways; you'll have to get them on Ebay.

3. Early access to VIP sets.

Is there anything else?  I don't see it.

Even with double (or triple) VIP maps, I don't see the big deal.  We don't even list Amazon deals in the Daily Deals thread unless they are 25% off.

• Like 1

We don't even list Amazon deals in the Daily Deals thread unless they are 25% off.

Deals have to be 20% off or more to be posted in the Daily Deals thread, not 25%. I good portion of the deals are between 20% and 25% off. That is much better than anything Lego would give to us.

• Like 1

1. No VIP points (e.***., 5% off)

Even with double (or triple) VIP maps, I don't see the big deal.  We don't even list Amazon deals in the Daily Deals thread unless they are 25% off.

From a collector's side, 2 and 3 are enough to make me not want to be banned. It may not be a huge deal in terms of pure investing and deal hunting but I love the polybags and getting sets I really want early. Maybe I'm just weird but there's a certain charm in walking out of the store with your big yellow bag, or finding your official SAH package waiting at the door, something you don't get when Walmart/TRU send you a poorly packaged pooheap.

• Like 1

1. No VIP points (e.g., 5% off)

Basically.  If you are a hardcore reseller, LEGO S@H is a minor retailer in your arsenal.  LEGO S@H works more for the small time/dabbler, who likes to pick up a promo set to resell or save a few bucks on Doble/Triple VIP points.  If you are a sharp reseller, eBay can replace many of these items.  Over the past month, I have bought numerous "exclusive" sets on eBay at discounted rates.  How?  eBay ran Quadruple bucks for weeks which equaled 10% off.  Also, eBay gave me $20 off coupons to use.  Also...I paid zero tax.  I negotiated with the seller and saved even more.  Who needs LEGO S@H?

• Like 2

Basically.  If you are a hardcore reseller, LEGO LEGO Shop at Home is a minor retailer in your arsenal.  LEGO LEGO Shop at Home works more for the small time/dabbler, who likes to pick up a promo set to resell or save a few bucks on Doble/Triple VIP points.  If you are a sharp reseller, eBay can replace many of these items.  Over the past month, I have bought numerous "exclusive" sets on eBay at discounted rates.  How?  eBay ran Quadruple bucks for weeks which equaled 10% off.  Also, eBay gave me $20 off coupons to use.  Also...I paid zero tax.  I negotiated with the seller and saved even more.  Who needs LEGO LEGO Shop at Home?

true dat, my fine friend (in my best hank moody voice).

especially if you have ebay bucks... i just picked up one 10937 Arkham Breakout for $5 under MSRP w/ free shipping.  On top of that, I used $40 in eBay bucks. no sales tax up-front.

same goes for amazon w/ their rewards.  I was able to get a Haunted House for MSRP and reduced it by $60 using rewards.

we need to make our own discounts these days and honestly, shop@home is the last place to get home-made discounts like that.

From a collector's side, 2 and 3 are enough to make me not want to be banned. It may not be a huge deal in terms of pure investing and deal hunting but I love the polybags and getting sets I really want early. Maybe I'm just weird but there's a certain charm in walking out of the store with your big yellow bag, or finding your official SAH package waiting at the door, something you don't get when Walmart/TRU send you a poorly packaged pooheap.

Ban from LEGO Shop at Home is not a ban from the physical Lego store.