Lego Account Blocked -- Why?

neocacher

It wasn't even that. This whole topic is about a Lego account being temporarily unusable. After a week (I think), the member's account was reactivated again. 

Well, the thread is bigger than first post, since we know that several other people did get banned, they just did not happen to start a thread about it :-)

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm going to test the Ban Hammer during the next 2x VIP promotion as I'm ordering the maximum amount of Mini Coopers.

I'm going to test the Ban Hammer during the next 2x VIP promotion as I'm ordering the maximum amount of Mini Coopers.

Tell us how that works out. I predict that you will end up with a boatload of Mini Coopers, and lot of VIP points, and you won't be banned. As far as I know, Lego doesn't care about resellers in the UK. Their focus seems to be in the US.

I am original post  I just Got blocked (cancelled order again today) after being unblocked 2 weeks ago.  This time I got blocked ordering a PET shop.  My first order of pet shop ever.  Lego LEGO Shop at Home is so screwed up.  Im about  to tell them where to go.  I don't know what their game is.  

I am original post I just Got blocked (cancelled order again today) after being unblocked 2 weeks ago. This time I got blocked ordering a PET shop. My first order of pet shop ever. Lego LEGO Shop at Home is so screwed up. Im about to tell them where to go. I don't know what their game is.

You lied to them about not being a reseller - they're taking revenge!
  • Like 1

I am original post I just Got blocked (cancelled order again today) after being unblocked 2 weeks ago. This time I got blocked ordering a PET shop. My first order of pet shop ever. Lego LEGO Shop at Home is so screwed up. Im about to tell them where to go. I don't know what their game is.

Well, but at least we can feel justified to add few hundred more posts in this thread...

• Like 1

Well, but at least we can feel justified to add few hundred more posts in this thread...

Its like walking on thin ice. I hate the feeling. I asked for them to have someone call me back so that I can be told what I am allowed to do and to not do. I hate the feeling of being worried every time I place an order from them. Its just not worth it to me to feel that way. Besides there is nothing I can do about it, and unless they explain THEIR rules to me I will never know the answer.

Their rules are very simple: they don't want to sell to resellers. If they think you are a reseller (and you are), they don't want to sell to you.

There is no doubt that in the implementation of their "no reseller" policy they are inconsistent at best and Congress-level incompetent at worst, but the bottom line is: they don't want you as a customer.

You can accept that and move on to buying from other vendors who are happy to take your money, or you can circumvent that with a new account to a new address paying with a new credit card, or you can wring your hands and demand the heavens and/or LEGO minimum wage customer service reps answer "Why?!!!".

Two of three of those are a decent use of your time, the other doesn't get you anywhere.

• Like 3

I am original post I just Got blocked (cancelled order again today) after being unblocked 2 weeks ago. This time I got blocked ordering a PET shop. My first order of pet shop ever. Lego S@H is so screwed up. Im about to tell them where to go. I don't know what their game is.

Why did you use S@H to buy a Pet Shop if you were worried about ordering from them? Every other retailer is selling them. You need to mix it up.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Why did you use LEGO Shop at Home to buy a Pet Shop if you were worried about ordering from them? Every other retailer is selling them. You need to mix it up.

I suppose Neocacher wanted the Shredder polybag, since apparently, a polybag is worth the ban hammer... :dontknow:

I suppose Neocacher wanted the Shredder polybag, since apparently, a polybag is worth the ban hammer... :dontknow:

Most likely, but when you get a warning, you have to be careful and sacrifice a promo once in awhile. It is probably too late.

Odd though they gave him another chance, he waited 2 weeks and ordered one of something he had never ordered before and then they banned him though.  Why give him the second chance to begin with?

On a semi related topic did you guys know that LEGOLANDs (merlin entertainment) does in fact frown upon resellers?  I was under the impression they didn't give two craps and never had a problem whatsoever buying multiples of anything until today when a manager handed me a form letter at LEGOLAND Florida.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

The LEGOLAND Florida Retail Team is proud to offer one of the best selections of lego products and services in the world.  Part of our ability to provide this great assortment to children, families and fans visiting from places near and far lies within our established rules for handling guests who may be engaging in retailing or wholesaling activities.

So you are aware, LEGOLAND Florida will not knowingly sell to any person or organization that is making purchases with the intention of resale or distribution without prior approval from the retail purchasing department.

It goes on and on, basically saying they reserve the right to place restrictions on quantities for any reason at any time and they can take your annual pass away if they think you are a reseller using it to get a 10% discount.

I'm assuming there isn't a national "ban" from all merlin outlets.  This manager was quite an asshat and he has my name and address because I was filling out shipping information so I guess if there is and he pushes it I will find out when I attempt to buy in LEGOLAND Schaumburg.

Odd though they gave him another chance, he waited 2 weeks and ordered one of something he had never ordered before and then they banned him though.  Why give him the second chance to begin with?

On a semi related topic did you guys know that LEGOLANDs (merlin entertainment) does in fact frown upon resellers?  I was under the impression they didn't give two craps and never had a problem whatsoever buying multiples of anything until today when a manager handed me a form letter at LEGOLAND Florida.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

The LEGOLAND Florida Retail Team is proud to offer one of the best selections of lego products and services in the world.  Part of our ability to provide this great assortment to children, families and fans visiting from places near and far lies within our established rules for handling guests who may be engaging in retailing or wholesaling activities.

So you are aware, LEGOLAND Florida will not knowingly sell to any person or organization that is making purchases with the intention of resale or distribution without prior approval from the retail purchasing department.

It goes on and on, basically saying they reserve the right to place restrictions on quantities for any reason at any time and they can take your annual pass away if they think you are a reseller using it to get a 10% discount.

I'm assuming there isn't a national "ban" from all merlin outlets.  This manager was quite an asshat and he has my name and address because I was filling out shipping information so I guess if there is and he pushes it I will find out when I attempt to buy in LEGOLAND Schaumburg.

Hmm...very interesting.  I buy at Legoland California all the time, but I've never seen that.  I also don't buy tons at a time, and I don't ship anything (as I live just a few minutes away).

The most I've tested it was buying two cases of Simpsons minifigs the same day.  But otherwise, I only ever buy one exclusive, or <$100 worth of product at a time.

I will say that I'm a known MOC'er there, but the pick-a-brick shop encourages and fosters it.

Odd though they gave him another chance, he waited 2 weeks and ordered one of something he had never ordered before and then they banned him though. Why give him the second chance to begin with?

On a semi related topic did you guys know that LEGOLANDs (merlin entertainment) does in fact frown upon resellers? I was under the impression they didn't give two craps and never had a problem whatsoever buying multiples of anything until today when a manager handed me a form letter at LEGOLAND Florida.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

The LEGOLAND Florida Retail Team is proud to offer one of the best selections of lego products and services in the world. Part of our ability to provide this great assortment to children, families and fans visiting from places near and far lies within our established rules for handling guests who may be engaging in retailing or wholesaling activities.

I'm assuming there isn't a national "ban" from all merlin outlets. This manager was quite an asshat and he has my name and address because I was filling out shipping information so I guess if there is and he pushes it I will find out when I attempt to buy in LEGOLAND Schaumburg.

This was at the Schaumburg location? I also have a membership. I don't buy more than 2 sets at a time though in a day so I kinda fly under the radar right now. I have bought 5 rovers in one purchase and 3 in another and had no issues obviously not for personal use this was before I got my annual pass though. I also heard one guy came in and bought like 25 rovers in one day they didn't stop that guy obviously one of us.

No this happened in legoland florida. I'm here on vacation. I was loading up big time and trying to take advantage of the free TC-4 offer with $30 in SW legos purchased. I was told by two different employees that I got a TC-4 for every $30 spent so I went nuts and loaded up with a ton. Not more than 2 of any set but 2 R2s, 2 SSDs, 2 Ewok Villages and 1 sandcrawler. I went to go upgrade to an annual pass since spending that $42 was going to save me $200. When I came back a manager was helping at that point and told me I could only have 4 TC-4s. Which I kind of understand but pissed me off since I asked two different cashiers and was told the opposite and then went and dropped money on an annual pass. When I told him this he basically said tough **** and handed me this piece of paper. Win some/lose some I guess. I have never had a problem in Schaumburg. Bought 2 SSDs there as well with no problems and 2 GEs. Never bought 25 rovers though, maybe I will give that a whirl with the exo-suit heh.

Its like walking on thin ice. I hate the feeling. I asked for them to have someone call me back so that I can be told what I am allowed to do and to not do. I hate the feeling of being worried every time I place an order from them. Its just not worth it to me to feel that way. Besides there is nothing I can do about it, and unless they explain THEIR rules to me I will never know the answer.

Just order from other retailers. Problem solved.

• Like 1

I understand the PAB order mentality, but why would purchasing sets from the Sales and Deals section suggest that you aren't a reseller?

Most of the sets and stuff that is in the Sales and Deals section are sets that are horrible investments. And most of their sales are only 20% off. You could find better sales on the same sets from Amazon and other retailers.

MartinP, sorta got my logic... the sets in that section aren't classic 'big investment winners' and if you just buy one or two as gifts or personal use, it'll seem like you're a regular Joe just buying stuff and not like a reseller only buying exclusive or higher price point sets/themes to flip. if you're concerned about possible ban or your account activity is starting to look like a dreaded reseller in their eyes.

I think most people just have to use tact, common sense and try not to push it. shouldn't be too hard to mix up the orders a bit. especially if you're in the USA where there's so many different outlets to get Lego. some of the personal stories of being banned I have to be objective and say what did you think would happen and you were surprised?! sorry to be blunt.

pretty sure every month or so we'll see another familiar topic. good reading actually for newer folks in this game to learn from others mistakes or misunderstanding.