9474 - The Battle of Helm's Deep

• 2 months later...

Today here in Holland I found a HD in a toy shop in sealed box, with little shelf-damage. Remarkeable so late after retirement. It only had a little discount of 10 euro of retail price, so it is there for 130 euro. I'm hesitating of buying it, I think I'm gonna ask for more discount, see if I can get it for 115 euro.

yeah, many of us are very happy with the steady growth so far.  not too bad for a 'recently' retired set that many of us paid below $100.

at this point, i would spend up to $130 if my inventory # of these are very low or worse yet, zero.  it has more nice growth ahead of it.  it's retired so of course, we need to expect to pay a premium especially from a mom and pop store. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love this set.  Wondering why this hasn't taken off as much as it should.  The reviews are great.  The set is the best of the LOTR line aside from Tower of Orthanc in my opinion.  Iconic scene from the movies.  

Any reasons you guys think it hasn't passed the $200 mark?

I love this set.  Wondering why this hasn't taken off as much as it should.  The reviews are great.  The set is the best of the LOTR line aside from Tower of Orthanc in my opinion.  Iconic scene from the movies.  

Merged with the existing thread on this topic.

This set is heavily offerred between $150 and $160. It won't be hitting $200 anytime soon. Obviously way too much reseller supply for this one. Better luck next time.

This set is a monstrosity to all things Lego, if I were you guys I'd sell Off all of my stock of helms deep right away even if you net a loss! Hurry and do so before Christmas while you are at it! When you get the proceeds then hit up the alien conquest sets on sale, that's where the big boys are hanging

• Like 2

This set is a monstrosity to all things Lego, if I were you guys I'd sell Off all of my stock of helms deep right away even if you net a loss! Hurry and do so before Christmas while you are at it! When you get the proceeds then hit up the alien conquest sets on sale, that's where the big boys are hanging

And don`t forget any Chima sets on the shelf whilst you are looting the Alien Conquest...

And don`t forget any Chima sets on the shelf whilst you are looting the Alien Conquest...

silly me, my priorities aren't straight! Thanks for keeping me in line @rtisan!

No, no, no...reinvest those funds in galaxy squad. Shop at home has every GS set on clearance as we speak.

Yeah people need to be more patient. You have to take things into consideration - when a set goes, etc. and how it goes matter a lot to how the set takes off.

The Fire Brigade took off because it dissappeared. Same with the SSD right now (although it could come back).

Wolverine was gone overnight.

On the other hand, there was fair warning about the Helms Deep. Just like the Orc Forge and the Funhouse, the Uruk Hai Army, etc. These jumped, but will not jump insanely, but will slowly go up.

Id say 200$ by christmas is not bad at all, and probably hit $250 sometime next year - certainly worth the 90$ish buy in most of us got.

• Like 2