9474 - The Battle of Helm's Deep

I'm guessing you aren't aware but the Batcave retired last year. So far it hasn't done amazing since going retired but I imagine thats due to huge levels of stock out there. Otherwise I agree with your post, HD is one of my favourite sets of recent times and will be a great investment.

I know it's retired in EU but not in the US. In fact all major retailers are well stocked with batcaves. More chance to grab a few, or a bunch.

I've seen a couple Canadian TRU's with HD still in stock in my area, but i do believe they are $10 over MSRP. I scanned one the other day as they have no price tag, and they came up $179.99. Yours may be different of course, but i'm personally waiting for some kind of sale at that price that actually includes LOTR.

I also have one in the area that has some Urak-Hai Army's, but they are $2 over MSRP.

Been a while since LOTR has been on sale at TRU, or included in any BOGOs :(

Mine were at $169.99, but I haven't pulled the trigger.  I'm willing to wager these are $300 in 18 months, but I'm holding out for a 20% off LOTR and Hobbit sale in Canada and then I'll grab them....likely the last I'll ever see in a B&M store, even if some are floating out in cyberspace.

• Like 1

Mine were at $169.99, but I haven't pulled the trigger.  I'm willing to wager these are $300 in 18 months, but I'm holding out for a 20% off LOTR and Hobbit sale in Canada and then I'll grab them....likely the last I'll ever see in a B&M store, even if some are floating out in cyberspace.

Aww lucky! Yeah mine were definitely $179.99.

Might still bite with any sale they have on LOTR though, but $169.99 would have been sweeter ><

I found some (4) Helm's deeps in my local legostore at retail price. I talked to the owner and he was willing to give me 15% off. Should I pull the trigger??

Wow a Lego store still has some? crazy. Personally i'd say yes! I have a few laying around at retail price in my area, but i'm waiting for any kind of sale to grab some. I'd certainly bite at %15 myself.

Its a decent deal.

Still wondering about the ceiling on this set. I feel like it will hit 300 - but a lot of people have these. It really will stop wherever people start dumping them. I think that might be around $250 or so.

I would think that is about accurate. at $250 most people will have doubled their money buying at the sub 100 dollar level they were available at for so many times.

Well Who Missed the Boat on Buying The "Helm's Deep" everybody had plenty of time to get alot of them, and those who waited waited and waited for the price to keep falling and falling well I hope its not many of you.

emazers had yet to be wrong! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Well Who Missed the Boat on Buying The "Helm's Deep" everybody had plenty of time to get alot of them, and those who waited waited and waited for the price to keep falling and falling well I hope its not many of you.

I can still buy it for less than the retailprice. (Netherlands)

But I don't see why this will skyrocket?

I'd rather invest in 10220 / 10226 / 10211 etc...

I think those will give me better guarantees for ROI.

I can still buy it for less than the retailprice. (Netherlands)

But I don't see why this will skyrocket?

I'd rather invest in 10220 / 10226 / 10211 etc...

I think those will give me better guarantees for ROI.

In let's say three years time, what will be the most highly sought after LOTR sets?

I, and many others here, do think 9474 and 9471 will make a great combo.

By the way, these sets are retired, we don't know how long the sets you mentioned will still be dragged out for by Lego.

For Everybody that got the Helm's Deep cheap over the last year and a half for like $70-$100 well we got some great deals and for me with 58 these should do very well, Now as for the Volkswagen Camper, 10211 GE, and the 10226 camel I love these to, and I am loading up on these to, and don't forget the Tower of Orthanic, if you have a few bucks now and then I would pick one or so up now and then as these will do very well after they retire, I no alot of people on here wait til the last minute and scramble to come up with the money to get alot of these, as what happens with alot of important sets to have to make good profits that alot of people play the last minute waiting game.

• Like 2

For Everybody that got the Helm's Deep cheap over the last year and a half for like $70-$100 well we got some great deals and for me with 58 these should do very well, Now as for the Volkswagen Camper, 10211 GE, and the 10226 camel I love these to, and I am loading up on these to, and don't forget the Tower of Orthanic, if you have a few bucks now and then I would pick one or so up now and then as these will do very well after they retire, I no alot of people on here wait til the last minute and scramble to come up with the money to get alot of these, as what happens with alot of important sets to have to make good profits that alot of people play the last minute waiting game.

When did you change your mind on 10226 Sopwith Camel?  I thought you were staying away from that one?