LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

1 hour ago, longshot said:

Im surprised the medieval market didnt make it through............... Hopefully its one they plan on releasing soon.

Yeah well... probably not (even though I would have liked to see it as well).

Brickwise this would be a big set. There are only so many AFOL fans that are into medieval stuff out there and I guess this project didn't fit into any category. They already did have a kingdoms theme that was similar to this set.

Maybe they'll come out with something similar in a couple of years though. But after having had a talk with a shop assistent who told me that they got orders from LEGO to focus more on the younger audience I doubt that LEGO really is that much into the AFOL community to bring out these kinds of sets before other kinds of sets.

It's LEGO investment on the biggest possible scale ;-)

If people here chose to buy 10 Ecto-1 before 1 Ghotsbusters HQ because they think Ecto-1 will be more popular (also because of the price) then it's only understandable that LEGO is doing the same.

Bringing out a more realistic medieval theme like we did in the past... or bringing out NEXO Knights (with lots of new concepts and show etc!... kids will love it, parents will buy it!) Let's face it: There are more parents out there buying LEGO for their kids then there are parents out there buying LEGO for themselves ^.^

I thought the dinosaur might have a chance but I guess with the Dinosaur molds available LEGO didn't fancy a buildable dinosaur. Don't know how succesful this would have been. Probably not that successful thus it's a better choice for LEGO just not to put money and effort into this idea. (Same as others... personally I'm still suprised that they've chosen the maze... don't think that's a brilliant idea but we'll see... as for the Fsomething-Hornet idea... I'm not a big fan and I would be suprised if LEGO would release it. But well... they're still checking on it!)

Maybe if the dinosaur would have included the car and some minifigs from the original Jurassic Park! I think this would have been successful! I'd love to have these minifigs! (They are in the game!) I bet there is a market for these as die hard Jurassic Park fans as well as "humble" collectors might want these.

But well... I guess I'm happy with LEGOs decission on this round as I mostly didn't like any of these ideas that much. Now I don't need to buy them *g*

• Like 1

This isn't entirely surprising.  At this point there are a good handful of IDEAs sets already out.  Bringing another one into production would probably just saturate the market a bit.  Although, with this whole IDEAs thing, it's really intriguing how they come to the conclusion on some things, and the complete lack of one on others.  There seriously appears to be no rhyme or reason on what makes it into a production set.

Honestly, I like that they let everyone put up any set they can imagine, I think they should have limits.  For instance, any IDEAs set larger than like 1,000 pieces will not be allowed to be voted on because obviously Lego won't produce a set so big.  This eliminates all the clutter and keeps people from voting on pipe dream sets and focus on the ones Lego truly might actually consider to make into a production set.

21 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

This isn't entirely surprising.  At this point there are a good handful of IDEAs sets already out.  Bringing another one into production would probably just saturate the market a bit.  Although, with this whole IDEAs thing, it's really intriguing how they come to the conclusion on some things, and the complete lack of one on others.  There seriously appears to be no rhyme or reason on what makes it into a production set.

Honestly, I like that they let everyone put up any set they can imagine, I think they should have limits.  For instance, any IDEAs set larger than like 1,000 pieces will not be allowed to be voted on because obviously Lego won't produce a set so big.  This eliminates all the clutter and keeps people from voting on pipe dream sets and focus on the ones Lego truly might actually consider to make into a production set.

Well you're right when it comes to he production of ideas projects but otherwise you're wrong.

If sets larger than x (1.000 pieces) will not be allowed to be voted then people just won't submit them.

Putting any limits to the whole ideas project pre-production is not in LEGOs interest.

As I pointed out before (long before):

1. Free designs for LEGO! I mean even if they do not use them for official ideas sets.

2. Free market research for LEGO! What do people want? How much are they willing to pay for a certain set?

3. Free new ideas for LEGO!

4. Mostly highly popular sets once they decide on a winner.

And the best part about it is that they have minimum work with the wholce process --> minimum cost while at the same time they are in total control of the process.

So why should they actively limit ideas? They can still pick whatever they like and if they don't like any design they can as we have seen in this case pick none at all.

• Like 2

1,000 pieces? If it weren't for the GBHQ submissions, it might not have been made...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 10230 said:

It's probably too much of a local phenomenon (just the US). I had to look them up ...

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

I was hoping for Golden Girls. Thank you for NOT being a friend Lego. :mad:

Golden Girls and Birds would have made an excellent combination pack for the older Lego AFOLs

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎38‎:‎32‎, I am Niko said:

Spoiler alert: no ideas chosen.  And for those of you who were sure RI would get a sister project, Science Adventures was rejected.

Honestly all of the concepts for this review phase just did not seem feasible as a marketable product intriguing as some were. In the end Science Adventures would have come across as a repeat although different of Research Institute and considering the flak from the recent Winter Toy Shop, it is understandable for them to not repeat that possible scenario again so quickly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thlien said:

Am I the only one that was excited about the brick built T-Rex?  

Any one know if there's a brick list and building instructions anywhere?   I'd do my first bricklink if available.

Thanks.

Try contacting the person that submitted it to Ideas.  Once it's been turned down, I believe they can release the LDD / Building instructions into the wild.  So just put it out there.  Others are free to sell it (I think).

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong please)

Edited by Alpinemaps

13 minutes ago, thlien said:

Any one know if there's a brick list and building instructions anywhere?   I'd do my first bricklink if available.

Thanks.

You are not alone. I like it a lot too. :)

Companion project: Stegosaurus

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/56748

Edited by cissi

14 minutes ago, thlien said:

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, cissi said:

You are not alone. I like it a lot too. :)

Companion project: Stegosaurus

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/56748

On 30.10.2015 17:40:06, Locutus001 said:

Yeah well... probably not (even though I would have liked to see it as well).

Brickwise this would be a big set. There are only so many AFOL fans that are into medieval stuff out there and I guess this project didn't fit into any category. They already did have a kingdoms theme that was similar to this set.

Maybe they'll come out with something similar in a couple of years though. But after having had a talk with a shop assistent who told me that they got orders from LEGO to focus more on the younger audience I doubt that LEGO really is that much into the AFOL community to bring out these kinds of sets before other kinds of sets.

It's LEGO investment on the biggest possible scale ;-)

If people here chose to buy 10 Ecto-1 before 1 Ghotsbusters HQ because they think Ecto-1 will be more popular (also because of the price) then it's only understandable that LEGO is doing the same.

Bringing out a more realistic medieval theme like we did in the past... or bringing out NEXO Knights (with lots of new concepts and show etc!... kids will love it, parents will buy it!) Let's face it: There are more parents out there buying LEGO for their kids then there are parents out there buying LEGO for themselves ^.^

I thought the dinosaur might have a chance but I guess with the Dinosaur molds available LEGO didn't fancy a buildable dinosaur. Don't know how succesful this would have been. Probably not that successful thus it's a better choice for LEGO just not to put money and effort into this idea. (Same as others... personally I'm still suprised that they've chosen the maze... don't think that's a brilliant idea but we'll see... as for the Fsomething-Hornet idea... I'm not a big fan and I would be suprised if LEGO would release it. But well... they're still checking on it!)

Maybe if the dinosaur would have included the car and some minifigs from the original Jurassic Park! I think this would have been successful! I'd love to have these minifigs! (They are in the game!) I bet there is a market for these as die hard Jurassic Park fans as well as "humble" collectors might want these.

But well... I guess I'm happy with LEGOs decission on this round as I mostly didn't like any of these ideas that much. Now I don't need to buy them *g*

Yep I wanted that dinosaur to happen! ;-)

• 2 months later...

No new results yet, but here is the list of sets in the next review (not the one that they are currently wrapping up, but the one after that):

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/56

• Jurassic Park Explorer
  • 20.000 Leagues under the Sea NAUTILUS
  • Toyota Landcruiser 40 Series
  • Beatles Yellow Submarine
  • HMS Beagle
  • Apollo 11 Saturn-V
  • Concorde Display Set
  • National Park Service Centennial Vignettes
  • Victorian London Christmas

Which do you like, and which not? Which do you think have a chance of being made, and which not?

Edited by dinner41