LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

Interesting choice... was really hoping for the Jurassic Park set. Maybe they intend to make a similar set, or they really don't want to touch the rest of JP and just keep it to JW to tie-in with the movie :(

I think this set will be fun - as long as they implement the cool themes the board was displayed with. The basic one is pretty boring.

Might as well say this: not seeing the $ potential on the labyrinth but I may get 1 for personal use depending on the functionality of the final product

​Looks like a great big reseller kick in the teeth to me... :)

Obviously it'll depend on the end product, but unless they have some unique piece in this set it'll be just a regular old set. I'll get one for the kids though, looks like it would be fun to let them play with and customize.

• Like 1

A serious pass for me... ohh well, there will be enough to buy with the Star Wars line.  I was really hoping for the Goonies, but they must not have been able to obtain the license, or make it cost effective.

Goonies would have been neat but it's a big set and would have been in pretty close competition with the new Pirates line. LEGO doesn't cannibalize their own themes with the Ideas sets.

Obviously it'll depend on the end product, but unless they have some unique piece in this set it'll be just a regular old set. I'll get one for the kids though, looks like it would be fun to let them play with and customize.​

Yes. It looked like they picked the labyrinth set because it was unique.  This choice was rather surprising because, well let's just say there was a good reason LEGO retired the entire LEGO games line a couple of years ago. ;)

• Like 2

Goonies would have been neat but it's a big set and would have been in pretty close competition with the new Pirates line. LEGO doesn't cannibalize their own themes with the Ideas sets.

​Absolutely. I think that's why we can write off some of the upcoming review sets now.  (Elsa's Ice Palace ain't goin' happen, folks.)

• Like 1

Obviously it'll depend on the end product, but unless they have some unique piece in this set it'll be just a regular old set. I'll get one for the kids though, looks like it would be fun to let them play with and customize.

​Are you surprised? The recent Ideas sets have all been speculative bubbles and they are still sitting on 3000 retiring soon Exos. I think they are doing everyone a favour if they redirect this particular line.

• Like 1

Ideas is such a disappointment that I've completely tuned it out at this point. I get that many of these submissions are just not feasible but big sets and interesting licensed IPs are cool; birds and labyrinths not so much. The Exo Suit was probably the best Ideas set but I didn't even get that one since I'm not really into classic space or mechs.

Most submissions can now basically be sorted into 3 categories: Small vignettes derivative of the Research Institute, niche licensed sets (sorry but Golden Girls and the Goonies are about as irrelevant as you can get), and completely infeasible monstrosities. 

Edited by bricketycricket
  • Like 3

The most stupid Ideas set ever... I cannot understand who can vote for such set, if there is a lot of perfect custom sets made by fans... The Ideas is the only one opportunity to have lego sets which AFOLs are dreaming on, and we waste this opportunity by such simply set, which can everybody build from standard bricks. The Ideas is perfect opportunity to make licenced things, which dont have their own serie within standard lego sets, as Ghostbusters. There is a lot of perfect movies and characters, which could be great as lego sets, and which dont have chance to be a standard set. I cannot understand why people vote for Birds, Labyrinth, etc, which can be easy build based on custom instructions from bricklink. But nobody can build sets like Ghostbusters without figures and special parts.

• Like 3

I just wish LEGO would give some of the larger sets a chance.  Enough of these $50 sets.  How about a kick butt $400 set?  

​Since LEGO designers still need to make sure the final set falls within their build guidelines, a $400 will take them too long test and/or too complicated to improve upon

My son and I are particularly looking forward to the Doctor Who set. I know not everyone is a fan, but Doctor Who has only come in knock-off sets before, so this is a treat. I also work with the designer, Andrew Clark, which gives it a bit of an extra kick in my book.

Hmm, slightly disappointed. All of these are great MOCs, and a few of them were actually solid possibilities IMHO. I`m excited about the Labyrinth though honestly, it was not my first choice. But it will make a great set, I`m sure it will be more popular than some might think. They should have done the piano as well though, for under $20, it`s little risk, and you could surely sell plenty of them as add-on sets for, well, anything... it`s a friggin Lego piano! That in itself is awesome.