LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

​You never know what they make of of this idea. Maybe we get a giant $400 labyrinth set.

​It'll be awesome if they make one that I can run within and only cost me $400. :D

I love this labyrinth set since it was created by the author at his site but I have to agree that it does look like limited as of investment potential. Unless LEGO puts some minifigs in as they did for their board games or includes some unique parts.

Here are the results for the 3rd 2014 review:

I was hoping the labyrinth design would see the green-light just for being one of the more original submissions on Ideas back when it was CUUSOO among the flooded sea of licensed properties. Although not a super heavy fan of the actual game at this age, I did support it and would play around with the design. Moving along, the Star Citizen spaceship is nice and if it weren't for the recent future additions to LEGO's repertoire with Doctor Who and Portal I would have said it has no chance before. Sorry to say but the next review selection will yield nothing as they all look to be projects ready for rejection either from being too large, specific, or oddball.

I just wish LEGO would give some of the larger sets a chance.  Enough of these $50 sets.  How about a kick butt $400 set?  

​I'm with your sentiment on this idea.  I would love the huge $400 epic ideas set.  The Dutchman would've been a great choice IMO.

What frustrates me about these ideas sets, are that people vote on sets that are just wayyy too impractical for Lego to make.  Another modular? Immediate rejection.  Huge 10,000+ monstrosity? Immediate rejection.  Odd licensed themes already in use/would cost too much to get? Most likely rejection.

I think on the next review, we might actually get a better set.  The Douglas plane, the titanic, I see with possible potential.  But it would have to do the set justice.  I'm talking around a $200 set.  I don't know, I think I'm just being jaded with the way Lego chooses the submissions.  Plus it's just not fun to wade through 95%+ of submissions that IMO are just junk or 100 different rehashes of the same stuff that's already on there.

• Like 1

I don't even really care if a submission is a great investment or not, I want a great set, and this maze thing is not it.  Amazing creation, I couldn't do it, but what are you supposed to do with it?  You can't admire it.  You supposed to play with the little ball?  While I knew it wouldn't be passed the Minas Tirith desperately needed to get made.  It's a main setting of the LotR franchise and Lego didn't make it, really disappointing.  It's like having Indiana Jones franchise and not making the Holy Grail scene, oh wait. 

• Like 2

That result makes me a bit of a sad panda.

I've no real interest in the maze, but as a youngster i did love Screwball Scramble, Rock n Roll Maze, etc., so perhaps I'm just jaded.

I too would love to see one of the larger more interesting builds given a go.

It may not be the most interesting build, but I'd like to see a version of the Titanic. That might just be because I'm from Belfast and my Grandad worked in the drawing office at Harland and Wolff (though a good few years after the Titanic itself).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎25‎:‎05‎, dcdfan said:
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎22‎:‎07‎, Cory Delavega said:

No Ghosbusters firehouse? Too many pieces?

The deathstar is MASSIVE.

Someone pls.  I'm confused.

Hysterical...

changed their mind

• Like 1