Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

1)  Fees are pretty set and you can use tools like these to calculate them.  If I'm packaging and shipping myself, I usually tack on a $1.00-$1.50 to each shipment for materials, on average, depending on the size.  This is my rule of thumb for taxes.  I create similar formulas in Excel and just keep a running tab of sales.

https://salecalc.com/

https://salecalc.com/amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161240

2)  Generally, if I want to compete with current market prices, I'll look at the recently sold or most recent listings and see what the top 5 lowest prices are by sorting for Price + Shipping.  I'll calculate a base average on what the going prices are and just make that my listing price w/ free shipping.  If I want to ride it out for desired price, I'll just set a price or look at current prices and add 10% - 20% and let the listings sit until they sell.  I will make adjustments from time-to-time, but this is pretty much what I do and what I've been doing for 10 years or so.

If I know something is going to be a premium to ship from coast-to-coast, I'll add a shipping fee to cover the additional cost.

App downloaded. Thanks!

Regarding shipping boxes, has anybody used a "Pizza box" style for shipping? I can get my hands on some medium sized ones but I don't want to use them if anyone has had a bad experience shipping/receiving them.

I though i read 24x20x4 ..... 

what is the price you guys paid @ staples for 24x20x4?  $17 for 10 after 40% off?

Staples carries a 24x20x6 but not a 4".

Here are some suppliers: (s/h prices are to my zip, but this will give you an idea of cost)

24x20x4

Michigan Box Co

$1.93 ea

$23.31 s/h

$3.09/ea

ULINE

$2.25 ea

$17.06 s/h

$3.10/ea

Shipping Supply

$2.15 ea

$23.37 s/h

$3.32/ea

Global Industrial

$2.15 ea

$28.57 s/h

$3.57/ea

Packing Supplies

$1.85 ea

$22.31 s/h

$2.97/ea

• Like 1

I though i read 24x20x4 ..... 

what is the price you guys paid @ staples for 24x20x4?  $17 for 10 after 40% off?

$9.04 for 10 after all cashback and coupons for 24x20x6. I prefer to get the taller x6 box and cut down to 5" for the modulars. This allows room for more packing material and protection than the x4 box for when the delivery driver uses the box as a step stool. Uline boxes are stronger than the 32 ect from staples but not by much so I go with staples for GE, FB etc and if I am shipping something more expensive (grand carousel, cafe corner etc) then I go custom heavy duty from a local supplier which is still cheaper than uline.

• Like 1

Hey all, I know this has been discussed earlier in this topic, but wanted to ask again, for those using a Dymo 450 Turbo; if eBay shipping labels print ok using 2.3125 x 4 labels? I am so used to the 5.5 x 8.5 using a regular printer and am ready to get a dymo. I've heard that it can be pretty complicated setting this up when printing labels from eBay.

Hey Ladies & Gents,

I was going to start a new topic but then spotted this one. A question for UK people. Does anyone know a seller who sells large boxes for single sets like the FB, GE etc...

I have a seller from whom I buy small boxes but once he scales up, he scales up the depth as well. So for a FB sized box he only does 600x457x457 (24x18x18) which would hold 3 FBs probably. I'm probably after 600x457x150 or thereabouts.

I have not tried places like Staples figuring they would be quite expensive.

StaplesLogo.jpg
s0944961_sc7?$cprelatedimage$
40% off
your $50 purchase of regular-priced packing and shipping supplies.

Expires October 17, 2015
In-Store/Online/Phone Coupon Code: 50204

40% off
any one regular-priced packing or shipping item.
In Store Only
Expires October 17, 2015
In-Store Coupon Code: 35205
  • Like 9