Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

After watching the video I feel like I can do that with a regular box knife. Guess I'll give that a try next go around. This dim weight will kill profits if I dont try!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

I used regular box knife before I got this and don't regret buying this tool. That said, I've used it twice since I got it last month. LOL. Just not many large international orders lately.

• 3 weeks later...

Any speculation on what the SHIELD Helicarrier will need? 24x20x? (4, 6, or 8 )?  I'm hoping 24x20x6, because I still have a few of those from shipping Tumblers, but based on DS and SSD, would the 8" D box be more probable?

Also, what are the dimensions/weight of UCS Red-5 and ToO?  I apologize if it was in the list and my eyes passed over the obvious.

Edited by hockeyweasel

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I could not find my original thread, but several members have me advice on shipping that has made a huge difference. I purchased a scale, labels,envelopes, and print straight from ebay (17% discount?!!) and thkngs are soooo much easier now. Able to list more items and do less work.

Still a little gun shy on requesting a USPS pickup but maybe I will give that a go soon as well.

Thanks to all!

Sorry I could not find my original thread, but several members have me advice on shipping that has made a huge difference. I purchased a scale, labels,envelopes, and print straight from ebay (17% discount?!!) and thkngs are soooo much easier now. Able to list more items and do less work.

Still a little gun shy on requesting a USPS pickup but maybe I will give that a go soon as well.

Thanks to all!

I do the pick up all of the time. When you finally start it, you'll be in love with usps

Thanks to all!

You are it getting any discount. It's eBay being eBay and being shady. Put the same. Item into PayPal ship now or usps and you will get some rare. It's an online discount. Not eBay.
  • Like 1

You are it getting any discount. It's eBay being eBay and being shady. Put the same. Item into PayPal ship now or usps and you will get some rare. It's an online discount. Not eBay.

Correct.

Another tid bit of info. The mail goes out the same time whether taken to post office or given to mailman.

Your mailman will take all items. I usually take larger items so mailman doesnt have to wrestle with it. But thats just me.

What size box are you guys using to ship the Creative Towers? If someone buys two from me I can use the Lego cartons, but what about one? Is there a box size that is sold at stores that works good? I don't want something I have to order 25+ of from Staples or something, I only have 6 CTs.

Now that I am using labels OF COURSE I get an order that I need to ship in a 6x6 box. If I still want to print up the shipping label, would it be a bad thing if the tracking code folded over onto the side of the box? Should I got to PO and get a label there instead?

If you are printing the label from eBay then the label  will fit on the box. The blank area/box on the bottom of the label will be the part that folds over the edge.

hope that helps.

If you are printing the label from eBay then the label will fit on the box. The blank area/box on the bottom of the label will be the part that folds over the edge.

hope that helps.

Oh, are you saying that if I enter the box dimensions it will adjust the size of the label? That is great to know! (so far I have just used 000 mailers so no need to adjust size)

Oh, are you saying that if I enter the box dimensions it will adjust the size of the label? That is great to know! (so far I have just used 000 mailers so no need to adjust size)

I cut a bunch of the excess label stuff off when I'm posting them and its larger than the envelope.

I do a combination of things.  In Windows, you can click-on Printer Properties from the select a printer screen and there is a Page Layout tab.  You can resize the label by percentage depending on how large the envelope is.  I shrink them down to 75%-80% for small 4x6 mailers.  I usually don't print anything larger than 90% and it makes for a nice compact label when you trim it.

No.

I print my labels on 1/2 sheets. Then I trim off excess paper (around label) to the label border. This remaining label will fit on your box.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about long term storage.  Do most investors put the lego boxes inside shipping boxes and tape them up for long term storage?  I've seen the pictures in the storage room thread, and it looks like many people don't.  Instead they just line up the boxes on a shelf.  But what about dust?  What about accidental dings, scuffs and damage to the lego boxes?   Wouldn't it be safer to box them all up so they're ready for shipping?  Is there any concern about storing them in shipping boxes like are there any smells (what does kraft wrapping paper smell like after 3 years in a box) or spiders that can sneak in through the tiny holes in the corners?