Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

I've never had an issue with regular boxed either. As long as you make sure the set is well padded inside those should work fine.

Excellent point, I do tend to use extra care in packaging though as well.

And if I may ask what's the padding preference inside the boxes - wrapping the lego box with bubble wrap and than adding more bubble wrap around the edges and on top/bottom?

Also, if you do use bubble wrap what's the size preference on that small or large? If you don't use bubble wrap then what's your padding - foam peanuts?

Thanks

And if I may ask what's the padding preference inside the boxes - wrapping the lego box with bubble wrap and than adding more bubble wrap around the edges and on top/bottom?

Also, if you do use bubble wrap what's the size preference on that small or large? If you don't use bubble wrap then what's your padding - foam peanuts?

Thanks

I use Kraft paper. Someone on this site posted pics that are exactly like I do it. Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Yea I looked them up and saw the different ones, but i have no clue how much they cost to ship

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Simple answer:

Regional Rate A are charged at the 2 pound rate for the destination.

Regional Rate B are charged at the 4 pound rate for the destination.

Regional Rate C have never been economical for me, so I don't even know how this rate is determined.

They are not true flat rate boxes like the small, medium, and large since they vary depending on destination. They are only "flat-rate" in the sense that they are charged for a specific weight, no matter what the true weight is (up to a limit --- I think 20 lb).

Edited by minicoopers11

Thanks

Honestly, I use whatever I get from my own purchases. Hell, even newspaper works fine as long as you use a properly sized box and make sure that the set does not bounce around. Now, for a more professional look you might want to purchase kraft paper as dcdfan mentioned above, or big rolls of bubble wrap.

The key is making sure the set does not bounce around the box and that it has proper padding on the top and bottom. At least that's how I do it and have had no issues so far.

Note, however, my main target market is not really the hardcore collector or serious investor.

• Like 1

Thanks

For larger sets, I tend to use air packs or Kraft paper (what I have left over from shipments I received). I use bubble wrap, plastic shopping bags, and peanuts for smaller sets. Once I'm out of left over packing material, I'll buy Kraft paper, as it is cheap and it is easy to store a few rolls (and doesn't require an air compressor --- I would get that for a larger operation, but my operation is quite small).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like I am about to make my 1st eBay Lego sale! How do you seal your boxes? Do people on here buy Strapping Tensioner for 12mm Polypropylene?

You're packing up lego not wild gorillas. packing tape is sufficient. You shopping list is at the beginning of this thread.

• Like 2

Ok, I admit I haven't read the entire thread... I read the first page list of materials, and this most recent page... maybe my answer lies in the middle, but I'll ask anyway.

As buyers (not sellers), would you be ok with receiving your MISB lego sets in a cardboard box that is clearly from a company that does not sell lego? Those from Canada should hopefully recognize it; I work at MEC for my day job. We have a stinking amount of recycling that goes out every day, many many many cardboard boxes in various sizes and close to brand new condition just getting chucked in the bin. Bubble wrap in multiple sizes and qualities (the stuff they ship canoes in is super burly), styro-padding/foam galore. I haven't really started selling new sets yet, playing the sitting and waiting for EOL game as I'm still new, but when I do.... again, as buyers, would anyone here object to reused packaging from MEC? I basically have an endless (free) source of shipping materials. If it would be cool with this crowd, the majority of buyers out there should be cool with it too. Love to hear what you guys think.  

• 1 month later...

Are staples boxes pretty reliable for shipping to end customers?  Comparable to ULine?  I've used neither.  I've been reusing boxes but my box supply for smaller sets is dwindling and I like the idea of shipping a more professional looking end product with no label or tape residue.

40% seems like a fantastic discount to prepare for the holiday season.  Do the deals usually get better or good idea to stock up now?  I've never purchased boxes before.

Are staples boxes pretty reliable for shipping to end customers?  Comparable to ULine?  I've used neither.  I've been reusing boxes but my box supply for smaller sets is dwindling and I like the idea of shipping a more professional looking end product with no label or tape residue.

40% seems like a fantastic discount to prepare for the holiday season.  Do the deals usually get better or good idea to stock up now?  I've never purchased boxes before.

It's a good idea to stock up now and I'm very pleased with Staples boxes.

• Like 2