LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 6 years later...

I guess I got the hammer over some magnets and minifigs on two separate accounts good thing I have a 3rd. Person on the phone denied they ever would ban someone, but would not let me talk to any one else.

Sent from my 831C using Brickpicker mobile app

Did you get an e-mail from Shop at Home regarding a ban? No? Then do you have the same address/credit card information as a banned account? No? Then you're not banned. Yet.

Did you get an e-mail from Shop at Home regarding a ban? No? Then do you have the same address/credit card information as a banned account? No? Then you're not banned. Yet.

no but I order the same items on my 3rd account the next day and it shipped. Then today I tried to order something on the primary account as a test and it was instantly cancelled.

I would expect they should contact you soon... hopefully that's not the case! ;)

good thing I have the new account but may be to afraid to use it. One last question can I spend points in store on a banned account? My cheapness often cause me trouble.

"good thing I have the new account but may be to afraid to use it. One last question can I spend points in store on a banned account? My cheapness often cause me trouble. "

Yes you can still use points in store.

"I would expect they should contact you soon... hopefully that's not the case!  ;)"

It took them over 3 months to let me know I was banned.

no but I order the same items on my 3rd account the next day and it shipped. Then today I tried to order something on the primary account as a test and it was instantly cancelled.

When the Research Institute came back in stock the last time with a limit of 1, I ordered one by itself and another order with 3 other sets. They cancelled the whole 4-item order rather than just cancelling the RI. So, it is possible for them to cancel an entire order w/o a ban.

• Like 1

When the Research Institute came back in stock the last time with a limit of 1, I ordered one by itself and another order with 3 other sets. They cancelled the whole 4-item order rather than just cancelling the RI. So, it is possible for them to cancel an entire order w/o a ban.

I think there are two possibilities.

1. when something hits the alter filters, they cancel the order and pass it up the chain for further review.

2. LEGO Shop at Home cs have a lot of leeway to do what ever they feel like on that particular day...

given my limited experience, and rumors here, I am inclined to go with option 2.

• Like 1

I would not think they would cancel the entire order if one item was sold out but did you use different accounts, bill and ship to names & addresses and credit cards?  I do not think Lego tracks by ip like Amazon but not sure.

They do track IP.  Let us just say , I had an experience.

• Like 2

that explains a lot and why the last order was safe used my phone to place it.

Using multiple accounts through the same external IP would be a huge red flag. I suggest you don't do that. Just ask the mods here how they track users who've been banned.

As for your points, as another use pointed out there is some distance between the in-store and online VIP points. People who've been banned have been able to use their points in store. As a point of reference, don't accumulate hundreds or thousands of dollars in VIP points if you fear losing them.

Now to your original question... There is something that is very important that hasn't been said. If you purchased 5 things from S@H and paid with a credit card, you have authorized them to charge X number of dollars to that card. If for some legitimate reason they have to cancel a single item on the order, say because it's not available anymore and they don't know if it's coming back <not backordered obviously>, they COULD cancel the entire order. They were not authorized to charge X-Y dollars to your credit card. if they did, you could dispute the charge. They could issue you a refund for the difference, but depending on whether your order made it's way into the warehouse or not, cancelling is a reasonable option.

I'm not saying that's what happened.. sounds like your multiple accounts were flagged to me, but I'm just giving you a scenario where an order is legit cancelled.

This banning people thing, is it just limited to North America? I have not seen anyone from Europe etc... saying they are banned.

As of right now, it's limited to North America. I haven't seen anyone from Europe or any other part of the world banned from Lego. Maybe that will change soon.

I am a first time buyer from lego in my life and no one in my family ever buy lego before, I placed three orders to buy one tumbler, two SSD and one DS, then another DS, I am banned. I placed three orders because I am not sure if I want to buy them at same time, but because my husband wants them, so I finally place three orders at very short time. When I customer service, they only said they can not ship to my address and can't tell me the reason.I wrote many letters to customer service to complaint,even wrote to the senior customer service manger Monica, All letters got no reply. They just ignore me, don't explain, and don't reply, treat me like a lego theft. I have to Google the reason why they did that to me?which leads to BP?at beginning? I was so angry, can't sleep in the night. I feel much better now, nice to meet you here, just ignore that crazy lego people.

I am a first time buyer from lego in my life and no one in my family ever buy lego before, I placed three orders to buy one tumbler, two SSD and one DS, then another DS, I am banned. I placed three orders because I am not sure if I want to buy them at same time, but because my husband wants them, so I finally place three orders at very short time. When I customer service, they only said they can not ship to my address and can't tell me the reason.I wrote many letters to customer service to complaint,even wrote to the senior customer service manger Monica, All letters got no reply. They just ignore me, don't explain, and don't reply, treat me like a lego theft. I have to Google the reason why they did that to me?which leads to BP?at beginning? I was so angry, can't sleep in the night. I feel much better now, nice to meet you here, just ignore that crazy lego people.

It is a strange business practice. Almost like they should just stop selling direct  to the public altogether

This sounds like your order raised a fraud red flag at Lego.

forget to metion?I am in UK?So they do ban people as they want here without reason?From what I read? I think US lego bans people for a reason?what kind of customer service can ignore customer complaint? If they have a vaild reason?they should just say it?I never

buy lego before in my life?just want to buy some gift for my husband and save another for my son?before I even don't know ressale lego can make money?

We had two new accounts during the Oct-Nov period banned for fairly small orders (6 orders, 5 different exclusive sets). These were accounts not linked to any other previously banned accounts so they are certainly tightening up their policy. Contrast this to accounts during summer 2014 that survived triple digits of the same exclusives ordered on the same day. Now we just assume accounts are one and done and don't bother with them again. A bit of a pain but we only use them for sets only available thru LEGO Shop at Home and nowhere else which is only one certain set for right now. There are much bigger discounts to be had on exclusives at the other big box and they don't restrict limits so at the end of the day the bans put more money in our pockets.

Edited by asharerin

forget to metion?I am in UK?So they do ban people as they want here without reason?From what I read? I think US lego bans people for a reason?what kind of customer service can ignore customer complaint? If they have a vaild reason?they should just say it?I never

buy lego before in my life?just want to buy some gift for my husband and save another for my son?before I even don't know ressale lego can make money?

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here, but did you use a UK credit card? I know there have been people who bought from USA shop at home with non-USA credit cards successfully in the past, but recently they have been just cancelling orders with non-USA credit cards (according to some reports on here). Maybe similar situation for UK shop at home now.

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here, but did you use a UK credit card? I know there have been people who bought from USA shop at home with non-USA credit cards successfully in the past, but recently they have been just cancelling orders with non-USA credit cards (according to some reports on here). Maybe similar situation for UK shop at home now.

Yes, I  only have UK credit card, They even call back to check again ,because 2SSD and 1DS are total more than 900GBP.then told me that I passed the security check ,will despatch soon, then cancelled my orders. So I request a written reply about cancellation complaint, they only will to call me and discuss this with me over phone. then refused to reply any letters. I know they suspect I am a reseller, but I am not .that's why I wrote lots of letter to discuss with them ,but they don't want to communicate with me anymore. It's very rude. I  was very polite to ask them to check my history, they just disappear.