LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 6 years later...

I got the reseller email and was able to get the ban lifted. I actually haven't sold any Legos online and apologized for the large order. I tried to get 5 pc and 5 ps which I guess raised the red flag. I am a Lego hoarder and not reseller, but tlg lifted the ban. I do plan on unloading sets later so it was only a white lie???!!!?? If you do get banned, just be polite with the Lego rep and it may work out. I am really happy I didn't get banned bc my kids love going to Lego events and I don't want to be on a blacklist.

I got the reseller email and was able to get the ban lifted. I actually haven't sold any Legos online and apologized for the large order. I tried to get 5 pc and 5 ps which I guess raised the red flag. I am a Lego hoarder and not reseller, but tlg lifted the ban. I do plan on unloading sets later so it was only a white lie???!!!?? If you do get banned, just be polite with the Lego rep and it may work out. I am really happy I didn't get banned bc my kids love going to Lego events and I don't want to be on a blacklist.

If you don't mind sharing, what did you tell LEGO in your email/conversation with a CS rep?

I told the Lego rep that I have twin boys and that is why I buy multiples of sets and that I was buying a bunch of sets due to double vip. I asked them to remove the orders for quantity five and that I will not order that many large quantities again. The rep said that I can order five if I want but I told him that I don't want to raise any red flags again so I will only buy one or two of each set every few weeks or months. I was ready to sing the everything is awesome song if that would've helped lift the ban

• Like 1

I told the Lego rep that I have twin boys and that is why I buy multiples of sets and that I was buying a bunch of sets due to double vip. I asked them to remove the orders for quantity five and that I will not order that many large quantities again. The rep said that I can order five if I want but I told him that I don't want to raise any red flags again so I will only buy one or two of each set every few weeks or months. I was ready to sing the everything is awesome song if that would've helped lift the ban

Lol, If I was a lego rep I think endless fun could be had messing with resellers. I would sing that song like i was on America's Got Talent if it got me out of a ban. 

• Like 2

I bought a Red 5 in the store in about a month ago, and ordered another one from LEGO Shop at Home with double VIP that shipped a few days ago. Do you all think it would be safe to order one more next week before 2x VIP ends (limit is 2)? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Edited by shirow

I bought a Red 5 in the store in about a month ago, and ordered another one from LEGO Shop at Home with double VIP that shipped a few days ago. Do you all think it would be safe to order one more next week before 2x VIP ends (limit is 2)? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Gotta have a squadron, right?

• Like 1

Yes, and you if you want to be extra safe, place an order for some other stuff before you order another Red 5.

• Like 2

Yes, and you if you want to be extra safe, place an order for some other stuff before you order another Red 5.

Excellent advice. Zig when they expect you to zag. I usually order no more than one exclusive at a time and never the same exclusive back to back. It doesn't hurt that my VIP account is five or six years old, either. They seem to scrutinize newer accounts, so if you're pretty new, try to fly very low.

• Like 1

Anyone tried gift card based experiments? I.e. buy a bunch of gift cards on your main account, and then use them via guest checkouts? You are forfeiting VIP points of course, but as a theoretical exercise, is this something that would work? 

Who's address are you using, Grandma Stella's?

• Like 1

I was under the impression that bans also applied to shipping addresses. So unless you're sending them elsewhere there would be no point. If you are sending them to your mothers house or something have her establish a VIP account and complete the orders. I do that with my co workers and they keep the promos that ship separately for their troubles.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I recently received a mail from Lego.com, which quoted as below, i don't know what to do. Does it mean i am being banned? Is it possible to create a new account to order? Or all  order ordered from my address, my credit card will also be cancelled no matter which account? Doesn't anyone had this exp. before? I really need some advise from you. Thank you, thank you so much in advance.

Quote start:
Thanks for your interest in LEGO® toys.

LEGO.com/service, LEGO.com/shop and the LEGO Stores are dedicated direct-to-consumer sales channels. In order to provide the highest possible level of service to our consumers, we have instituted a policy of not selling or shipping products or individual bricks and pieces to retailers or business owners/companies via these channels.

Due to our policies, your recent order couldn’t be processed and has been cancelled. Any future orders will also be cancelled.

Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.
Quote end

I received same e-mail after I ordered several sets that was on sale last week. I spoke to customer service (Czech Republic). First they said that it is probably mistake because of their new computer system. They promise me to check what is wrong. I called them again after weekend and they said that unfortunately my account is banned and I can't order from LEGO Shop at Home anymore and I should contact they wholesaler for next purchases.

Hi All,

I recently received a mail from Lego.com, which quoted as below, i don't know what to do. Does it mean i am being banned? Is it possible to create a new account to order? Or all  order ordered from my address, my credit card will also be cancelled no matter which account? Doesn't anyone had this exp. before? I really need some advise from you. Thank you, thank you so much in advance.

Quote start:

LEGO.com/service, LEGO.com/shop and the LEGO Stores are dedicated direct-to-consumer sales channels. In order to provide the highest possible level of service to our consumers, we have instituted a policy of not selling or shipping products or individual bricks and pieces to retailers or business owners/companies via these channels.

Due to our policies, your recent order couldn’t be processed and has been cancelled. Any future orders will also be cancelled.

Quote end

That is the official ban e-mail.  You can try to create a new account, but attempts by other banned folks have resulted in bans for the new accounts.

There's not much you can do other than purchase your Lego from other retailers.

Hi All,

Quote start:

Quote end

I received same e-mail after I ordered several sets that was on sale last week. I spoke to customer service (Czech Republic). First they said that it is probably mistake because of their new computer system. They promise me to check what is wrong. I called them again after weekend and they said that unfortunately my account is banned and I can't order from LEGO Shop at Home anymore and I should contact they wholesaler for next purchases.

what were you ordering and how many?

^^Is this the first confirmed ban in Europe?

I was ordering Mixels (about 4 of every type that were available), 2 Exo-suits and 20 Card Holders. Strange is that I received 2 Exo-suits, 2 Flamzers. 2 Nurp-Nauts and 6 Card Holders. Rest were cancelled. Even order that I made by phone was cancelled.

EDIT: And yes, I have Bricklink and eBay account.

Edited by Majkl

I was ordering Mixels (about 4 of every type that were available), 2 Exo-suits and 20 Card Holders. Strange is that I received 2 Exo-suits, 2 Flamzers. 2 Nurp-Nauts and 6 Card Holders. Rest were cancelled. Even order that I made by phone was cancelled.

EDIT: And yes, I have Bricklink and eBay account.

What was the order limit on the card holders? Surely it was either 5 or 10? The 20 ordered might have been the trigger.