LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 6 years later...

Mods - I would suggest removing references to the LEGO employee's name in this thread.  "Adversary" or not, he shouldn't be named.

My mistake I assumed it wasn't an issue since the thread I was referring to was over a year old, but I guess that was his employee referring to him not someone he has targeted. I like the Voldemort approach better anyway He that shall not be named!

If I order above Lego's set limits than the burden of being banned falls squarely on me. No reason to make excuses. Deal with it and move on. I've pushed the envelope recently knowing a ban can happen. If the limit is 99 and I order 99 I also will accept a ban. Unless it's something dirt cheap and I want them for favors, ie a $1.98 minifig. Those are always limit 32 anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

If I purchase a few different sets, all of which I have purchased within the last few months, would that potentially set off a flag?

No one knows for sure.  If you look at what terrymc did last 2x VIP you may be able to fly under the radar by ordering one product at a time, assuming we are talking exclusives that meet the free shipping threshold.

• 2 weeks later...

How many sets can we buy at lego.com before we get banned from it? (merged)

Thinking of ordering 10 sets for a few particular products but I heard you can get banned from it from ordering too much.

That number is unknown. If you want to get multiples of a certain set, buy them from a variety of retailers including Lego so you don't raise any red flags when ordering from Lego. Also, don't purchase everything at once. You have to do multiple purchases over a longer period of time.

@ canonikon Is there a limit on the set you are ordering?

All, I'm going to try to order a set that has a limit of 5. I ordered one of these in January. Would I still be able to order 5 more? What would be the best way to go about this?

Order them one at a time spread out over a period of time. One per week should keep you under the radar. Wait until your first order is in shipped status before you order the next one, and if possible try to order a few during double VIP or when there is a good promo going on.

In spirit on exclusives I agree completely but I bet you could order 5 Easter kits in one order and not have an issue.

LOL

Correct. I assumed he was buying exclusives. The small sets I don't think they care as much, especially any that are on clearance. I ordered 10 of the Santa set that was recently reduced in two separate orders (5 each) with no issues. I wouldn't push my luck with exclusives though.

• Like 1

If I ordered through lego.com can my family order for me too even though the billing address is the same BUT the shipping address is different?

My plan is me, my dad, my brother, all have same billing, but different shipping address.

Will Lego ban me for that?

Most I say is 3 sets per model, thinking of ordering 1set of 2 different models in the first order and then 2 sets of 2 different models during double points week.

These are "hard to find" items.

Edited by canonikon

@ canonikon Is there a limit on the set you are ordering?

All, I'm going to try to order a set that has a limit of 5. I ordered one of these in January. Would I still be able to order 5 more? What would be the best way to go about this?

the limit is 5 on the "hard to find" items.

If I ordered through lego.com can my family order for me too even though the billing address is the same BUT the shipping address is different?

My plan is me, my dad, my brother, all have same billing, but different shipping address.

Will Lego ban me for that?

Most I say is 3 sets per model, thinking of ordering 1set of 2 different models in the first order and then 2 sets of 2 different models during double points week.

These are "hard to find" items.

You're asking to be banned by doing that. Fly under the radar by spacing out your orders, ordering from different retailers (VIP points are not worth being banned) or buying with cash in a LEGO store without collecting the VIP points. Most of the people who order a lot just space their orders out over time. I realize you're late getting started and might want to get some of those hard to find sets before they disappear but that's reality.

Having the same billing address (assume different names) but different shipping addresses might work in your favor, but the reality is nobody knows the rules to get yourself banned. If you want to try, by all means, go for it. But there's apparently no going back once you're banned so think carefully.

And dude, no matter how many times you ask the question on the forums, the answer will be the same. Nobody knows the answer!

You're asking to be banned by doing that. Fly under the radar by spacing out your orders, ordering from different retailers (VIP points are not worth being banned) or buying with cash in a LEGO store without collecting the VIP points. Most of the people who order a lot just space their orders out over time. I realize you're late getting started and might want to get some of those hard to find sets before they disappear but that's reality.

Having the same billing address (assume different names) but different shipping addresses might work in your favor, but the reality is nobody knows the rules to get yourself banned. If you want to try, by all means, go for it. But there's apparently no going back once you're banned so think carefully.

And dude, no matter how many times you ask the question on the forums, the answer will be the same. Nobody knows the answer!

Thanks, I think I will just order 1 set for each model...totaling 2 sets in 2 orders. Since it's free shipping anyway over $70 or something.

Edited by canonikon

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm testing the waters in the UK now.  I ordered 5x Sea Cow this morning and will order another 5 when the first 5 have shipped and then another 5 and so on while 2x VIP is running. Since the Sea Cow in the UK is close to US pricing, it represents good value. I wasn't going to buy anything but, I saw one built at Smyths Toys this morning, thought it was stunning value and I just had to have them!  Could this set be the "SteamPunk" Imperial Flagship with similar gain.

If I was in the US, I'd have been banned years ago!

I still have 90 days if buyer's remorse sets in ;-)

I'm testing the waters in the UK now.  I ordered 5x Sea Cow this morning and will order another 5 when the first 5 have shipped and then another 5 and so on while 2x VIP is running. Since the Sea Cow in the UK is close to US pricing, it represents good value. I wasn't going to buy anything but, I saw one built at Smyths Toys this morning, thought it was stunning value and I just had to have them!  Could this set be the "SteamPunk" Imperial Flagship with similar gain.

If I was in the US, I'd have been banned years ago!

I still have 90 days if buyer's remorse sets in ;-)

Indeed very nice! Very curious about it, because I order also more than the limits, have 2 accounts (Lego knows this when I called them, but I said it is my brothers account but I pay because I have a credit card ;-) ) and I never got banned.. they know I'm a hoarder but presumably they don't care here in Europe.

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention: I also know the 50% employee discount code (still working) here in the Netherlands, used it around 4 times hoping my orders will go through, but they are not shipping these me because they know I'm not an employee.. HR needs to validate your employee status before they ship orders with employee discount. I really think they don't care here in Europe about hoarders.

So I was planning on making a large order on shop @ home for the double VIP points, until I read this thread. I added several items to my cart, and several exclusives (none of which I have ordered before, although I did max out the limit for each (they are 2 or 5 max). I actually have an interesting situation. Before today, the Helicarrier was limit 5, but now it is limit 1. But I still have all 5 in my cart. It says I will get double VIP points for all of them. How high of a risk of a ban is it to place this order? My VIP account was created about a month ago, and I purchased from a local Lego store twice since then (including today.) I could split it into 2-3 orders over the next 2 weeks (starting with 5 Helicarriers), or even go back to the Lego store for a few items they have in stock. I am not a reseller, and I haven't sold a set in my life. I just enjoy collecting multiples.

So I was planning on making a large order on shop @ home for the double VIP points, until I read this thread. I added several items to my cart, and several exclusives (none of which I have ordered before, although I did max out the limit for each (they are 2 or 5 max). I actually have an interesting situation. Before today, the Helicarrier was limit 5, but now it is limit 1. But I still have all 5 in my cart. It says I will get double VIP points for all of them. How high of a risk of a ban is it to place this order? My VIP account was created about a month ago, and I purchased from a local Lego store twice since then (including today.) I could split it into 2-3 orders over the next 2 weeks (starting with 5 Helicarriers), or even go back to the Lego store for a few items they have in stock. I am not a reseller, and I haven't sold a set in my life. I just enjoy collecting multiples.

It's always a risk to order large quantities... If you're comfortable taking chances, go for it. If you value having Lego Shop @ Home as a place to buy, then I highly recommend you split them up to fly under the radar. Many people who get banned find other ways to purchase.

The Heli Carrier just got here ... there is no reason to think it won't be around for another 2x VIP event.