10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

​well PR is unlikely with only 1.5 yrs old and widely available in major retailers channel compare to PC and PS are OOS in a lot of places.

​well PR is unlikely with only 1.5 yrs old and widely available in major retailers channel compare to PC and PS are OOS in a lot of places.

​thanks for advise , because i live in HK and dont know about US and EU market

To cut a long story short, some of us investors are wishfully thinking that PS and PC will go this year because we like the idea of short production runs (PC) as that makes us more money, whereas the more prudent suggest that PC is premature. The most pessimistic even feel that PS is not done yet. Truth is we have no real idea but as with Lego sales it is always more fun to speculate about what might happen than wait for the actual event.

If you are building a portfolio, it is a good idea to get some of all 3 to cover base as you never know. Later, extras can always be added when there are promos.

• Like 4

Once upon a time there was only one modular in production.  Then two, then three...  There's no particular reason why there need to be four in production at once.  There used to be three winter village sets available at any given time.  Now that's down to two.  And we're only allotted one Batman exclusive at once.  I am ignoring the limit 2 on PR right now, though.  I don't want to risk being three years early on that one.

Once upon a time there was only one modular in production.  Then two, then three...  There's no particular reason why there need to be four in production at once.  There used to be three winter village sets available at any given time.  Now that's down to two.  And we're only allotted one Batman exclusive at once.  I am ignoring the limit 2 on PR right now, though.  I don't want to risk being three years early on that one.

​Didn't they start off with Cafe Corner and Market St together right off the bat in Oct 2007 and then in March of 08 introduce Green Grocer? Then Market St and Cafe corner retired in 09 and Fire Brigade came out in 09. Then early 2010 was GE. Late 2010 Green Grocer retired and quickly in 2011 came PS. Then add in TH before FB retired. Once FB retired PC was not far behind. Then came PR. Then TH and GE went away but DO was added. Seems to me they have always had at least two and typically 3 or more.

Edited by mscheaf
  • Like 2

my guess is PS and PC will EOL together because ( I think) business owner do not want PR / DO pricing at $160 and PC at pricing at $150 side by side together. right now we have 2 $150 and 2 $160.                                

if retired PS or PC (either 1 but not 2 together), it will make it 1 $150 vs 2 $160. if that is the case, new buyer will buy $150 first and $160 set will sitting on shelf for longer. 

at the end, what do i know :lolu:

• Like 1

Or maybe Lego knows it will be running into production limit in pushing new hero sets, Star Wars sets and ramping up over all production for the Xmas season so its retiring two big modular sets and still  leaving 2 (PR and DO) on the shelf for the holiday and then introduce a new one in Jan?

Walked into the lego store today...."do you have any palace cinemas in stock?" 

Employee.."oh no. Sorry, palace cinema is retired." 

Me..."oh really, cause i called yesterday and someone told me you will be getting some in."

long story short. I asked him to check in the back low and behold guess what he walks out with. 

So yeah lego store employees really know very little about what is "retired" and what is not lol

• Like 6

Walked into the lego store today...."do you have any palace cinemas in stock?" 

Employee.."oh no. Sorry, palace cinema is retired." 

Me..."oh really, cause i called yesterday and someone told me you will be getting some in."

long story short. I asked him to check in the back low and behold guess what he walks out with. 

So yeah lego store employees really know very little about what is "retired" and what is not lol

​you should also ask for PR lol

• 4 weeks later...

​10 sets here...is it considered light in this forum?

I only have one.  I hope to acquire three before it goes eol. Hopefully in time I can raise those numbers but I can't financially afford to buy a ton. Preschool is freaking expensive. I think 10 is a great number.  It's also good not to put all of your eggs in one basket......although the modulars seem to be a safe and consistent bet.

• Like 2

I have no idea about guessing retirements but why would you say PC over PS since PS has been out longer.  Or am I wrong on that?

​It probably will be the PS first, but it's hard to get decent numbers of a modular set 6 months before it's due to retire. I've been hustling to get 4 PS but I want 8. I have more PC at this point. I'm a member of the buy early and hold strategy.

• Like 2

​This is good news. I bet some of us are light on PC stock.

​I am way light on PC. I've got six PS, and seven GE, etc. PC is the modular I have the least of but I will be acquiring some soon hopefully. Gotta figure out which exclusives to buy during the Winter Soldier promo.

• Like 1