Sears.ca "New Arrivals"

Sandwraith

My credit card was charged. Also was charged $3.50 shipping even tho I chose ship to store. Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to be free?

I believe they had free shipping around the holidays, but normally they do charge $3 to ship to store :(

i ordered a battle of naboo last week, got it shipped to store and picked it up yesterday, and somehow the $10 off sears.ca coupon also applied even though my purchase wasn't more than $50. managed to get this for $24.99 + shipping to store + taxes. the box was also in surprisingly good condition, except for the huge shipping label slapped on the front.

btw: i was never able to check my order status online, and also they didn't e-mail me when it shipped, i had to call the store and ask them if it arrived. yay sears.

• Like 1

Sears charged my credit card too but some items got cancelled this morning. I start worrying about when can Sears charge back my money. I ordered three Olivia Houses few months ago and it only delivered two. I needed to call them many times in order to get refund.

Terrible service.  Companies should charge you only when the item is shipped.  Sears put a charge on my card as well...I got a couple email notices and annoying voice messages on my order status the past 1-2wks.  When I called them few mins ago about my charge (and to initiate a refund), the rep said it's already been initiated but will take up to 5-10 days lol.  Guess I'll have to check next week to make sure.   

Sears.ca is like the government...they want their money asap but any refunds takes much longer.  Plus they have waay too many employees and service is terrible :P   

The rest of my order was also cancelled and my card was charged.

I hadn't been to my local sears in a long time but when I went to confirm my order/refund status

It looked as though my sears was now the front for a shady retirement home.. :o

The 81 year old customer service lady kept saying eggos which was awesome.

Eggo-Lego.jpg

My forbidden forests got cancelled last night. Guess I have to chase them for a refund? Will they refund the shipping too?

Yeah, every charge should be refunded...I wouldn't worry.  Just check your balance next week or so to make sure they processed it.  When I called, the rep said it takes about 5-10days to initiate the refund.  At worse if you're having issues for whatever reason after 10days, I guess the next step is to tell the CC company there's been a fraudulent charge.   

I'm sure Sears.ca has a lot of refunds to make. 

Just another reason why Sears is going down the tubes. Careless listing of products, horrid customer service, and billing people for items they aren`t getting. Wow. Shame, it would have been great had a couple of these products actually shipped! 

Just checked my credit card statement, no refund for me yet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

If you know how credit card software and processing companies work (In Canada Ingenico and Moneris are the big ones) it isn't surprising that refunds take a few days. Typically the refund transaction is authorized immediately but the official posting of transactions is done in batches. The batch can be time-based or count-based. When you finally get the refund you'll probably see the Tx Date was a few days earlier than the Posting Date.

On top of that you have a delay in someone authorizing the refund, someone initiating it (phone CS reps usually don't get access to financials), the processing company handling it then delivering it to the credit card company (MC, Visa, Amex, etc) and then trickling down to your personal mastercard with your bank. Makes perfect sense really.

My 2 Ewok Attacks arrived at the Sears store this morning - both boxes in good shape.

So they definitely had stock - just probably not very much.

I kind of wish I had ordered more but at ~$35 each for 166 pieces that's a bit much.

Also as a reminder, never ever ever have Sears ship anything to your house. Boxes remain in much better shape when shipped to their stores.

Oh and I've ordered quite a lot from Sears (not just Lego but often clearance toys that we put away for future birthdays, christmas, etc.)  and honestly have never had any issues (well, other than how they package shipments to your house)

My 2 Ewok Attacks arrived at the Sears store this morning - both boxes in good shape.

So they definitely had stock - just probably not very much.

I kind of wish I had ordered more but at ~$35 each for 166 pieces that's a bit much.

Also as a reminder, never ever ever have Sears ship anything to your house. Boxes remain in much better shape when shipped to their stores.

Oh and I've ordered quite a lot from Sears (not just Lego but often clearance toys that we put away for future birthdays, christmas, etc.)  and honestly have never had any issues (well, other than how they package shipments to your house)