Sears.ca "New Arrivals"

Sandwraith

If you know how credit card software and processing companies work (In Canada Ingenico and Moneris are the big ones) it isn't surprising that refunds take a few days. Typically the refund transaction is authorized immediately but the official posting of transactions is done in batches. The batch can be time-based or count-based. When you finally get the refund you'll probably see the Tx Date was a few days earlier than the Posting Date.

On top of that you have a delay in someone authorizing the refund, someone initiating it (phone CS reps usually don't get access to financials), the processing company handling it then delivering it to the credit card company (MC, Visa, Amex, etc) and then trickling down to your personal mastercard with your bank. Makes perfect sense really.

This makes me happy reading your post. I am in banking and this is not common knowledge apparently. People always blame your bank for holding funds because johnny told me he refunded my money. Derailment over.

My 2 Ewok Attacks arrived at the Sears store this morning - both boxes in good shape.

So they definitely had stock - just probably not very much.

I kind of wish I had ordered more but at ~$35 each for 166 pieces that's a bit much.

Also as a reminder, never ever ever have Sears ship anything to your house. Boxes remain in much better shape when shipped to their stores.

Oh and I've ordered quite a lot from Sears (not just Lego but often clearance toys that we put away for future birthdays, christmas, etc.)  and honestly have never had any issues (well, other than how they package shipments to your house)

Glad you got your Ewok Attacks set.  It's a good set...not to many sets have ewoks I guess.  I used some pieces of other sets to MOC a bigger tree :)

From an investment/flipping perspective I was surprised this set didn't do so well for me...I picked up some at Walmart for $15 last year but it took a long time to sell locally.  Maybe ewoks aren't that popular or I was just too impatient.       

Glad you got your Ewok Attacks set.  It's a good set...not to many sets have ewoks I guess.  I used some pieces of other sets to MOC a bigger tree :)

From an investment/flipping perspective I was surprised this set didn't do so well for me...I picked up some at Walmart for $15 last year but it took a long time to sell locally.  Maybe ewoks aren't that popular or I was just too impatient.       

Yeah it seems they were overpriced. These are for my personal collection so no investment perspective to worry about here. I hope I've got enough Ewok dudes between these and the 2 Ewok Villages and 2 Battle of Endor sets I'll be sitting on for a few years until I finally get around to putting them all together.

I need to learn how to use CL... I never found the $35 Ewok attack...

So... Sears refunded everything back on my CC couple of days ago, then today I saw another charge from them so I called to ask why, and they said one of my sets was already delivered... I'm like "Wha?" So I went and picked it up and it was in pretty good shape! Oh sears, what an awesome shopping experience!

Yeah for collectors/personal use... there seems to be many sets listed on GL/Kijiji at retail price or below on a regular basis. save on taxes and sometimes the set is harder to find/sold out... I guess some people are happy with smaller margins, got great discounts or just want to get of stock. the risks are meeting up with a stranger and trusting set is legit. safest to just open the set there in person if it's sealed and you plan to build it anyways. I've bought a few sets from local sellers because the price was really good.

back on topic... any folks that got forbidden forests and want to do a trade Lmk. Thanks

Lol maybe Im remembering incorrectly, it was the forbidden forest. I did sell my used Ewok attack for $35 earlier though lol.

I need to learn how to use CL... I never found the $35 Ewok attack...

So... Sears refunded everything back on my CC couple of days ago, then today I saw another charge from them so I called to ask why, and they said one of my sets was already delivered... I'm like "Wha?" So I went and picked it up and it was in pretty good shape! Oh sears, what an awesome shopping experience!

Sears refunded everything back on my CC couple 5 days ago except one order which I only got partial refund.  I called to see any luck they delivered the items to store.  Customer service guy first said I did not return that items that