Sears.ca "New Arrivals"

Sandwraith

Was just checking Sears.ca today to see if they had their usual %20 off and whatnot, and noticed they had some "New Arrivals". Well these new arrivals are in fact older sets. Forbidden Forest is one of them, and while it says "in stock"; once you order it says "backordered will ship May 22nd", so i don't have too much hope for the order being filled.

Some of the other items seem be shipping May 1st.

Anyways the other sets really aren't anything to get excited about, but figured i'd share to see if anyone else has any luck getting anything fulfilled.

Sears.ca new arrivals section: http://www.sears.ca/catalog/lego-new-arrivals/11050-100003664-500002323#guidedNav

• Like 6

Wow that`s weird. Several of those are retired. If Forbidden Forrest does ship (which seems unlikely) definitely worth buying. 4 great figures and some good parts in a licensed, discontinued theme, doesn`t get much better, even if it is a small little set. 

Thanks Sandwraithx157.

I'm trying to be good lately so rather uncharacteristically I only purchased two Ewok Attacks - but of course I continue to wonder if I should have bought more.

They are going to be part of my Endor diorama I'll build once my son is old enough to help and be into it. (I've got two Ewok Villages socked away along with about 2 dozen Endor battlepacks - oh and two 8038 Battle of Endors sets.)

I should buy more (assuming I even get them) but at $35 each for less than 200 pieces it's pretty pricey....

I'm hoping it will be epic :-)

But my son is only 2 so I've got a few years to wait. 

And worst case if he hates Star Wars then I'll do the proper fatherly thing..  which is to sit him down and make him appreciate the awesomeness of the original trilogies damn it... or just sell everything for more than I paid and use the money to buy myself a mid-life crisis motorcycle to drive around while I wonder where I went wrong.

(My backup plan is lots and lots of Castle sets - figure you can never go wrong with knights)

The only explanation i can think of for these sets popping up out of nowhere could be from all the stores they have recently closed and they found these buried in boxes in the back rooms. That doesn't really explain why the Sail Barge is on this list and lumped in with years old products though.

If the above really is the case then there would definitely be -some- hope of these sets actually shipping. Just how many they found of each is though is up in the air. I don't really trust Sears' site to keep accurate records of stock levels. Especially considering these are all still listed as "In Stock" on the main page. Once us BPers get a hold of rare items/deals like these... that status doesn't usually last very long on other sites :P

• Like 1

Was lazy when I saw this post by Sandwraithx157 earlier so should of put my order in sooner...I just put in an order of 20 Forbidden Forests so we'll see what happens.  It's pending status, not holding my breath on this actually processing and shipping but worth a shot.  Those members that ordered earlier will have a better shot.  if I didn't order than 0% chance...now at least I have a 0.0001% probability hehe.  It's a great little set...if +100 were available I would buy it all :P 

I got 3 of the items I ordered from the "new arrivals" today, and the boxes are all in pretty bad condition

Im hoping if the forbidden forests actually arrive they're in decent shape.

Sears makes me sad :(

Don`t have to share if you don`t want to, but would you mind if I asked which items you bought? Curious to know if what they have recently listed is just left over stock/returns and if it`s worth ordering anything or not. It`s really annoying to buy stuff only to return it  xD

As has been brought up here before - the only way to have sears ship you anything is to their store for in-store pickup.

I've had dozens (and dozens) of smaller sets shipped to my local store and only had one box that I was iffy about. The rest had basic shelf wear or were as new.

They seem to have a policy of "if it is cardboard and rectangular - it's good enough to ship" - this goes for non-Lego items as well. 

(So if you are buying christmas gifts from Santa for the kids, you'll come home and find them at the door as if they came straight from the store - no outer box to obscure the fact that it's a doll set.. hmmmpphhhh)

It was ewok attack, battle of naboo & the captains cabin. All pretty well trash except the captains cabin.

Hopefully you guys have better luck then me. Sears needs to be put out of its misery.. It definitely isn't what it used to be..   

At least it shows they actually have some of these old sets in stock.  We'll see how many orders get filled...