Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

So it's supposed to come out on the 18th? I just called my lego store and they they hadn't heard that it will be available before august in store or online

Maybe it will be initially an online exclusive?

I went back to the article I posted and it looks like the July 18th date might be a rumor or a LEGO Shop at Home online release date. Quotes from the article are below. Link: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-cuusoo-back-to-the-future-delorean-time-machine-21103-official-images/

There has been reports that the set will be available on July 18th on Shop@Home but there are also rumors that it will not be available until August 1st. 

We will confirm the actual release date as soon as it becomes available to the public.

So it's supposed to come out on the 18th? I just called my lego store and they they hadn't heard that it will be available before august in store or online

I really think there will be a SDCC one with exclusive packaging which will be available at the show, hence the 18th date. It will be available mid august for everyone. I guess we will see in a few days!

anybody know if this will be a limited release like the japan cuusoo model that was limited to 10,000 sets?

All CUUSOO models are supposed to be limited to 10,000 copies, but TLG didn't stick to it for the Minecraft set, and probably won't for the Technic Crawler. Depending on demand, they could end up producing way more than 10,000.

All CUUSOO models are supposed to be limited to 10,000 copies, but TLG didn't stick to it for the Minecraft set, and probably won't for the Technic Crawler. Depending on demand, they could end up producing way more than 10,000.

If TLG keeps breaking their limited edition limits, that's turning into some TRU-like shady business

Why does this $40 set have printed bricks and my $120 Camper has a sticker VW emblem?? Shenanigans!!

I'm wondering due to the element used? I'm looking at my 10220 now and that element (type of a flat hinge) is more fragile than others. Then again, it doesn't explain why the t-shirt or poster were stickers as their flat 2x6s.

So, after reading through this thread a few times I am unclear of a few things still. Do people think this is being released tomorrow? Like will I be able to walk into a LEGO store and get one, or will that happen on a later date?

email i got from lego when I asked about it = "we will not be releasing this set on July 18. However, we will

release this set globally on August 1, 2013. So keep an eye on or website for

when it goes live."

email i got from lego when I asked about it = "we will not be releasing this set on July 18. However, we will

release this set globally on August 1, 2013. So keep an eye on or website for

when it goes live."

It will be available in limited supplies at SDCC and some European LEGO stores. It will be available globally August 1st. Price is $34.99 /