Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Anyone had any luck ordering them lately? I ordered one on March 1, they said they would charge my credit card and ship it once they had it available (it had the 'out of stock, expect to ship March 6' tag), then the tag changed to March 13, now to March 6 again and the credit card authorisation is gone. Guess it's really sold out. Tomorrow I'll call them.

Still plenty of availability here in Canada. If anyone wants more, just take a look around. It`s a slow burner of a set, after the re-release which quenched the flame of demand, there is plenty of excess, at least over here.

Agreed, a couple of weeks ago they were 2 rows 12 deep with some stacked on top at our lego store. I even saw a couple last Friday at my TrU too.

Anyone had any luck ordering them lately? I ordered one on March 1, they said they would charge my credit card and ship it once they had it available (it had the 'out of stock, expect to ship March 6' tag), then the tag changed to March 13, now to March 6 again and the credit card authorisation is gone. Guess it's really sold out. Tomorrow I'll call them.

it seems to be back in stock with the tag "RETIRING SOON"

Well they did say that it will be decommissioned.

So they stop to produce it and when it's gone it's gone.

If nobody buys the exo-suit it's not really legos fault ;-)

In the army, when soldiers are "decommissioned" they are "retired" : so it does not mean commanders are supposed keep soldiers at war and just stop to enroll some new ones.

What reason do you give? Do you need to pay return postage? And does a courier collect? How does the return work?

No reasons, In my opinion I perhaps bought a few too much because I expected that it would retire earlier when the 'retiring soon' tag was applied. Now another run was done and everybody jumped on it, so it is perhaps wise to return a few and invest this money in other exclusives sets at the moment that have priority in my opinion. However, I do agree with Biniou that it will be a good investment for the long run though.

In Holland, you just call you want to return. They will send you a 'return label' by mail which you can attach to the package and just bring it to the post office. Lego will pay the postal costs so returning is indeed free.

What reason do you give? Do you need to pay return postage? And does a courier collect? How does the return work?

Called customer service in the US today. If it is not their fault that cause the return, you are responsible for return shipping with tracking feature. 

Is this set still hot? I ask because my local Lego Store has LITERALLY 60 of these on the shelves!!!

Ice cold at the moment? The initial hype machine and QF opportunities perhaps resulted in another run that was not actually needed (resellers perhaps bought too much stock - regular folks complained, another run (or more) was done...all speculation). That being said, I doubt any Ideas/CUUSOO set is going to flop dramatically. Once these are cleared out, I expect some selling opportunities as early as this Christmas, but solid returns by next Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, same over here in NA. There is still loads of stock readily available. Too much if you ask me, we`re going into April already. I don`t expect stock to dry up anytime soon, unless some people decided to deliberately go out and buy it all up...which as we all know, that`s a possibility  :cheese: