10244 - Fairground Mixer

Wazzapova

I guess MSRP $150-ish?

Cool design, high playability but "displayability" is a bit low (or average) in my opinion, so I don't think many AFOLs will spend, say, $300 - 400 after EOL just to have it.

MSRP is $150. I agree that the set has a cool design and great playability, but displaying the set isn't the best. It is not one of those sets like a UCS or a modular that a great when they are displayed, but I can see some AFOLs spending that kind of money just to have, build, and play with the set.

This is simply amazing. Ingenious how it all folds together and fits on the trucks.  If this becomes a short series of 3-4 sets to make a fairground carnival, I'm in.  Like has been said, bumper cars, a small roller coaster, heck, even some farm animal stuff for a local fair would be awesome.

• Like 1

The box!

Okay, now that the whole scene is complete by the box, I have to say the set is pretty f***in' awesome!

This set looks outstanding. I will be getting a few of these for sure. I love all of the mini figs, but was hoping for a bearded lady. Oh well, I guess that would be easy to create.

Bearded lady, huh? ....Well you asked for it.

3399862890_d9dcd6206e_o_d.jpg

• Like 9

I guess MSRP $150-ish?

Cool design, high playability but "displayability" is a bit low (or average) in my opinion, so I don't think many AFOLs will spend, say, $300 - 400 after EOL just to have it.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I don't see much investment potential in this at all to be honest, when there are better options out there.

People do love amusement parks and the rides within. If the Grand Carousel continues to be desirable after many years, why not this especially if it becomes the start of a whole group of thrill rides? I still have the time of my life playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 every which way from Sunday and seeing official builds such as this only helps to fuel my passion of constructing my dream theme park in Lego. Besides, a bit more than 1,700 pieces all for $150 many of which glow-in-the-dark? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

People do love amusement parks and the rides within. If the Grand Carousel continues to be desirable after many years, why not this especially if it becomes the start of a whole group of thrill rides? I still have the time of my life playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 every which way from Sunday and seeing official builds such as this only helps to fuel my passion of constructing my dream theme park in Lego. Besides, a bit more than 1,700 pieces all for $150 many of which glow-in-the-dark? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I think the Grand Carousel just has a wow factor that this doesn't. It just looks really impressive. This just looks like a typical Lego playset with various additional bits and bobs. Put side by side there's no comparison.

It's a decent price with a nice variety of parts, but I can't see it doing nearly as well as the Carousel as an investment..

I think the Grand Carousel just has a wow factor that this doesn't. It just looks really impressive. This just looks like a typical Lego playset with various additional bits and bobs. Put side by side there's no comparison.

It's a decent price with a nice variety of parts, but I can't see it doing nearly as well as the Carousel as an investment..

That's right, people can be ok to give a good price on a big ship/house/etc. because it looks like one bulky build.

The more it's bulky and "UCS-like", the more it will be good to invest in.

A playable set with separated stands is not very good looking. Ok, it's not like you were buying a bucket of bricks, but...

A set with only the mixer would have been better for invest (cheaper, and more "collector-like").

It's the same problem with the winter village market because there is one carousel and (too much) little stands around it.

The better the playability, the lower the displayability (and so is the investment). :P