TRU.ca %20 off Select SW/Castle/LOTR/Hobbit

Sandwraith

I`ll usually buy a day or 2 before the sale starts, just to guarantee that I have what I want, then bring the receipt back sometime during the sale and get it adjusted. I`ve done it literally for several years now at various retailers and no issues, and that way there is no rushing to get the set(s) you want and no chance of missing out :thumbsup:

Has anyone done this at LEGO store locations? I'm wondering what their policy would be on their own sales, maybe 30 day price match?

Do they ever price match other retailer's sale prices?

I got the same excuse saying it was LEGO.COM even though I showed them it was LEGO.COM.ca-en. The manager refused to believe it was the Canadian site even with the CDN price and little maple leaf staring back at her. So then I pulled out a receipt from another TRUs that honored a price match a few days before on the exact same item I was after and the manager said the first store was wrong to do that. So I pulled out a 2nd receipt from ANOTHER TRUs store showing the same price match. The manager refused to budge and said the other stores were breaking TRUs policy and she will get to the bottom of it. At that point I laughed at her and said 'You do that!' and walked away from a stack of of about $200 worth of Technic she didn't really want to sell.

Only thing i have PM'd at TRU from shop@home was a couple shelobs for $12. At first the cashier said "uhh this says .com" she then brought the manager over and was like "yeah but it's clearly the .ca subsection, AND theres a local LEGO store, so of course we'll honour it" i was surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Only thing i have PM'd at TRU from shop@home was a couple shelobs for $12. At first the cashier said "uhh this says .com" she then brought the manager over and was like "yeah but it's clearly the .ca subsection, AND theres a local LEGO store, so of course we'll honour it" i was surprised!

It really depends on the manager you end up dealing with. I clearly got someone who was visibly irritated dealing with my request and went above and beyond trying to NOT offer decent customer service. I thought of asking for her name and sending an email to TRU corporate. I bet I could have came the next day and seeked out a different acting manager and probably would have got the price match.

• Like 1

It really depends on the manager you end up dealing with. I clearly got someone who was visibly irritated dealing with my request and went above and beyond trying to NOT offer decent customer service. I thought of asking for her name and sending an email to TRU corporate. I bet I could have came the next day and seeked out a different acting manager and probably would have got the price match.

Oh yeah for sure, the manager i dealt with seemed in a good mood. I was mostly expecting it not to work as it usually doesn't ><

For anyone interested there are 2 Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter 10215 at the Eglinton/Hurontario location in the GTA that are %20 off. The boxes are in terrible condition and ripped open down the middle and re-taped with shipping tape. I passed on these because even at $70 there isn't much to be made, and add to that the boxes and headache trying to make sure everything is there and whatnot isn't worth my time.

For a personal build though this is a great deal, i just have no interest in the set.

It isn't even a great deal as used ones are in the 65-70 Canadian range on eBay. If you can get an additional discount due to the box, there may be some money to be made but that depends on how much of an additional discount you can get.

Ex astris, scientia.

They might put them on clearance like the one i got for $25. I agree $70 is still too much.

With the condition these boxes are in i have no doubt they would knock it lower. Looks like someone used them in Karate lessons or something.

$25 is a great price! i'd pick one up for myself at that price probably, but yes i personally would not spend $70 on this set for personal collection, but it could be a nice way for any enthusiast of this set to grab it at %20 off + whatever open box discount you can haggle out of them :)

Seems a little risky if the box is beat up and looks like it's taped back shut?!

For sure, i'd make sure to know what's in there and what to look for and open it at CS before purchase. This also works in your favour for getting a deeper discount as they cannot guarantee that everything is in there.

Debating if i should pick up the last open HD in my area by doing this, but with double VIP/May fourth coming up; i'm not sure i want to spend anymore money! ><