TRU.ca %20 off Select SW/Castle/LOTR/Hobbit

Sandwraith

Typically with Toys R Us, they exclude any sets that are exclusive or very popular so I would be surprised if that would be included however, if so I will get 2. Unless it is based on their normal pricing because that will just bring it down to normal retail.

.ca :P

Orthanc is regular retail price at Canadian TRU, and they have have included UCS SW sets and the HH in past sales. here's to hoping!

I would like to pick up 1-2 Wizard Battles for personal collection.  Lower probability but some stores might have HDs in stock and that might be on sale...would be worth helping TRU clear it out once and for all :)

Still new and I will probably wait for better sale but Milkwood Elf Army is a good bang-for-the-buck set...lots of figs, for $34.99 retail CAN, no bad at all.  Dol Guldur Battle is a nice set too...$60 or below is the sweet spot.  20% off retail (if it goes on sale) would still be $67.99 add taxes on top it's $76.83...IMO not a must yet for investing since it's relatively new.     

Death Star 20% off? ;) 

*Skiff finally shows out of stock online.      

--> Just out of curiousity, did anyone pick up any Colby City during the 40% off?

Mirkwood Elf. Huge value even at retail. 6 figs, a warg, and some cool pieces, just tremendous value for a Lego set. Doesn`t get much sweeter. 20% is a no brainer, but for investment, obiously the set is too new. At least another year to go before anyone even consideres that, unless you can buy them south of 20% off.  

Still new and I will probably wait for better sale but Milkwood Elf Army is a good bang-for-the-buck set...lots of figs, for $34.99 retail CAN, no bad at all.  Dol Guldur Battle is a nice set too...$60 or below is the sweet spot.  20% off retail (if it goes on sale) would still be $67.99 add taxes on top it's $76.83...IMO not a must yet for investing since it's relatively new.     

You can "milk" wood? :blink:

I kid, I kid xD

I thought about it because I actually like the look of the set, but didn't in the end. They were 50% off last year at target and I grabbed one only, but ended up flipping it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

That sounds like the beginning of a cake story. One that may or may not be of the above average temperature variety.

Ex astris, scientia.

I grabbed one. Was thinking if it cant be moved its a good build for the family and might pair it up with a Stagecoach build. Seems like a set that would work well in any western city though?

To me it looks like it would fit any western scene, just replace the figs or make them unrecognizable from the movie are you're golden!

• Like 1

Stopped by my local TRU on the way home tonight and saw they had begun putting the sale tags up sans prices (those will obviously be put up at close for tomorrow morning).

All of the Castle sets were on sale (not really a surprise there), 2012 SW sets (nothing from 2013/2014) and wave 1 sets from LOTR/Hobbit.

Chances of any newer stuff/exclusives going on sale looking pretty slim :( but we'll see.

Sales are up! Nothing too extraordinary as far as I can tell though... no big sets and no mirkwood elf army

Yeah, nothing too exciting.  My son would love the Castle set with the red dragon but I think there will be better offers than just 20% off...set is still relatively new.  I hope TRU will have some bonus polybag deals + 20% off combo later this spring.  Last years Robin super cycle polybag promo was awesome. 

Pretty lame selection. This seems like it should be more of a clearance sale as they try to move older products, but %20 is what they use for their brand new products... 

Either way %20 is still a good price to grab some of the older LOTR sets. Even Unexpected Gathering/Barrel Escape isn't bad at this price, Maybe even Jabba's Palace if you need some. Or if you're in the west get Jabba's from Londondrugs and get it a few $ cheaper.

It's funny how the flyer lists the A-Wing on sale, yet i didn't see it on sale in store nor online.

Pretty lame selection. This seems like it should be more of a clearance sale as they try to move older products, but %20 is what they use for their brand new products... 

Either way %20 is still a good price to grab some of the older LOTR sets. Even Unexpected Gathering/Barrel Escape isn't bad at this price, Maybe even Jabba's Palace if you need some. Or if you're in the west get Jabba's from Londondrugs and get it a few $ cheaper.

It's funny how the flyer lists the A-Wing on sale, yet i didn't see it on sale in store nor online.

Sorry Sandwraith missed this before my post. 

Sorry Sandwraith missed this before my post. 

No problem!

I think at this point waiting for a better sale on Jabba's would be risky. They went OOS in less than a day(?) when they were %20 off at shop@home. If these ever have a deeper sale they would probably be gone really quick. If you don't have any it can't hurt, i think the general consensus on this set is that it's a winner.

No problem!

I think at this point waiting for a better sale on Jabba's would be risky. They went OOS in less than a day(?) when they were %20 off at shop@home. If these ever have a deeper sale they would probably gone really quick. If you don't have any it can't hurt, i think the general consensus on this set it that it's a winner.

Cool thanks. And I have a lonely Rancor Pit to pair it up with. 

• Like 1

Whats everyone's thoughts on Jabbas Palace? 20 percent off TRU's 5 dollar over retail. I missed out on the LEGO Shop at Home deal with MM. Is this likely the best we will see on this set? I need at least one. 

Too bad Indigo doesn't have JPs anymore with their March 20% off sale...I'd take Indigo over TRU for Plum Pts and usually better packaging.

The only Jabba sets on sale and available at Indigo is Rancor and Sail Barge...yeah, if you need the Palace, I wouldn't wait and just get it at TRU.  Amazon has the Palace at MSRP (not $5 over like TRU) but they would probably just price match the price and not the 20% discount.  Only a few bucks difference on a personal set anyways so no biggie. 

Have fun building the Palace and Pit together.