TRU.ca %20 off Select SW/Castle/LOTR/Hobbit

Sandwraith

Do any of your TRU's still have HD in stock? I haven't seen any anywhere for a long time.

I picked up 2 from a Burlington ON location, it has 1 more but the box is quite clearly opened and re-taped with scotch tape. If it were a better discount i'd probably pick it up and just ask CS to open it and make sure it's all there.

From what I've seen on these forums there are still some kicking around in the GTA in limited numbers. So some may get lucky!

I picked up 2 from a Burlington ON location, it has 1 more but the box is quite clearly opened and re-taped with scotch tape. If it were a better discount i'd probably pick it up and just ask CS to open it and make sure it's all there.

From what I've seen on these forums there are still some kicking around in the GTA in limited numbers. So some may get lucky!

Congrats on the pickups/finds.  Solid purchase.  Maybe that store manager would give you a further discount since the box is damaged...30% off, have them open it there too.     

I would be all over HD if they still had any in GVA ... like I would drive out in a 100km radius to get some... good score for those who got it!

@weakside... I can give you Dragon Mountain at cost @45 if you happen to live in the GVA.

Hey, thanks for the offer.  I'm out in Toronto and no rush...I'll pick one up by x-mas.  If you have a Fire Brigade lmk, maybe we can work out a deal for HD + other stuff. 

Wish I did, but I just started collecting two months ago so totally missed out on FB.

Don't feel so bad...I started this hobby just over a yr ago but took a break from Sept-Dec and totally missed the FB retirement as well.  Luckily Sandwraithx157 hooked me up with one in a trade and I'll save it to build later.  Hard to crack open a set you only have ONE of  :)   

Lots of great sets potentially retiring this year and there will be some surprises sprinkled in I'm sure - just time it right with sales/budget :)  

• Like 1

My tru was cleared out of everything good. I think I need to start going to a different location, this one is too busy since it is located in the mall.

Too bad.  I guess every TRU, Walmart, Targets etc are a little different and some keep older stock longer with less Lego customers or they just order more.  

Was tempted to buy some Gathering and Mines too but figured ONE for personal collection is enough...can't buy everything.  Strange but I really wanted Wizard Battle and didn't see any...or maybe I was too carried away with HD's haha.   

Too bad.  I guess every TRU, Walmart, Targets etc are a little different and some keep older stock longer with less Lego customers or they just order more.  

Was tempted to buy some Gathering and Mines too but figured ONE for personal collection is enough...can't buy everything.  Strange but I really wanted Wizard Battle and didn't see any...or maybe I was too carried away with HD's haha.   

Wizard battle already gets marked down at some Walmarts, picked one up for 5 dollars around 2 weeks ago.

I wanted to get UG but there was only one on the shelf yesterday :(

I`ll usually buy a day or 2 before the sale starts, just to guarantee that I have what I want, then bring the receipt back sometime during the sale and get it adjusted. I`ve done it literally for several years now at various retailers and no issues, and that way there is no rushing to get the set(s) you want and no chance of missing out :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I`ll usually buy a day or 2 before the sale starts, just to guarantee that I have what I want, then bring the receipt back sometime during the sale and get it adjusted. I`ve done it literally for several years now at various retailers and no issues, and that way there is no rushing to get the set(s) you want and no chance of missing out :thumbsup:

I have no idea why I never thought of doing this.  Genius!

Exactly what i did with the 2 HD's in Burlington! ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

Hmm ive never even thought of doing that lol. I once tried to price match Lego at tru but was turned down because they said it was Lego.COM even though it shows Canadian prices.

I got the same excuse saying it was LEGO.COM even though I showed them it was LEGO.COM.ca-en. The manager refused to believe it was the Canadian site even with the CDN price and little maple leaf staring back at her. So then I pulled out a receipt from another TRUs that honored a price match a few days before on the exact same item I was after and the manager said the first store was wrong to do that. So I pulled out a 2nd receipt from ANOTHER TRUs store showing the same price match. The manager refused to budge and said the other stores were breaking TRUs policy and she will get to the bottom of it. At that point I laughed at her and said 'You do that!' and walked away from a stack of of about $200 worth of Technic she didn't really want to sell.

• Like 2