71004 - Minifigures - The LEGO Movie

spener90

The LEGO Movie  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from this series?

• Calamity Drone
    • Gail the Construction Worker
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Larry the Barista
    • Panda Guy
    • Velma Staplebot
    • William Shakespeare
    • Taco Tuesday Guy
    • "Where are my pants?" Guy
    • Wiley Fusebot
    • President Business
    • Wild West Wyldstyle
    • Hard Hat Emmet
    • Scribble-Face Bad Cop
    • Mrs. Scratchen-post
    • Marsha - Queen of the Mermaids
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from this series?

• Calamity Drone
    • Gail the Construction Worker
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Larry the Barista
    • Panda Guy
    • Velma Staplebot
    • William Shakespeare
    • Taco Tuesday Guy
    • "Where are my pants?" Guy
    • Wiley Fusebot
    • President Business
    • Wild West Wyldestyle
    • Hard Hat Emmet
    • Scribble-Face Bad Cop
    • Mrs. Scratchen-Post
    • Marsha - Queen of the Mermaids
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this series?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Heard this information over at TheBrickFan.com

Anyone think that this is possible? Will you be ordering one?

Cool.  Would only make sense that the Lego Movie would have SOMETHING.  I mean minifigs are coming with the Hobbit so why not this?

I will most likely get one.  I am going to be buying this Blu-ray either way, might as well get a minifig to go along with it. 

Beat me to it. Haha. Only thing that gets me is the retail of $45.99. Jeeze, I was really ecstatic to the point of not caring what it cost when released but now I'm a bit taken back. :blink: "Includes bonus 3D version" my butt. That's practically where the cost of the whole thing went into.

via The Brick Fan

Hopefully there will be a way to get it below $35.

• 3 months later...

I went to the local GameStop in Southington, CT USA today and simply asked if there was any more Western Emmet from the Lego Day they had a couple months ago. The manager gave me one for free and said "we've been trying to give these away!". I was two days late on the remaining Good Morning Bilbo Baggins leftovers.

• Like 1

I need a bit of help, or more to the point a nudge in the "right" direction. One of my local Targets got an endcap display of LEGO MOVIE minifigures in stock...they raised the price to 3.99 but for our purposes lets assume I can get a price match to 2.99.

Are these worth picking up, and if so should they be opened and sold individually or just sold sealed as random figure.... I cannot "smoosh" to figure out who's who with any confidence. Thanks for your input as always.....my gut tells me these are a pass but my heart just loves blind bag stuff.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else seen these show back up or did my Target just find a display in back?

I saw a handful of Series 11 make a comeback a month or so ago. Ha.

I haven't seen these at my Target stores. If they did I'd get a few.

I wouldn't mind picking up a few more extras for myself like President Business just for his business suit and Octan coffee mug.

If you are looking to build eBay feedback quickly, then go for it. It will also enable you to practice your smooshing technique. Otherwise, buy whichever ones you need to complete your personal set, assuming you have one, and leave the rest for the kiddos.

I've never been good at "smooshing".

I've never been good at "smooshing".

I only perfected it with The Simpsons set.  I think the key is a) time to practice, B) having a picture to look at, and c) finding that one unique part in the bag that sets off that particular minifig from everyone else.  I used to relay on bump codes, which I've had good success with in the past, but it's not a perfect system.

I only perfected it with The Simpsons set.  I think the key is a) time to practice, B) having a picture to look at, and c) finding that one unique part in the bag that sets off that particular minifig from everyone else.  I used to relay on bump codes, which I've had good success with in the past, but it's not a perfect system.

I tried the bump codes on the Simpsons packs and had no luck. The bumps didn't seem consistent with pics I looked up online. Some dude at toys r us helped me out with 4 packs and when I opened them he was dead on. I was amazed. I wish I would have run into him before I bought a couple off of eBay for more to help me complete my collection.

I tried the bump codes on the Simpsons packs and had no luck. The bumps didn't seem consistent with pics I looked up online. Some dude at toys r us helped me out with 4 packs and when I opened them he was dead on. I was amazed. I wish I would have run into him before I bought a couple off of eBay for more to help me complete my collection.

I don't do bump codes with the Simpsons sets.  I can figure them out by smooshing.  There's definitely something unique to each figure.  The toughest two are Millhouse and Ralph, as they are exactly the same, other than their heads.  If you can figure out their heads, then you can pull them out all day.  But everyone else has something that makes them unique.  (Grandpa is the only adult with a 2x2 tile, Homer has a 2x1 tile and a 1x2 rounded tile, Bart has skateboard wheels, etc)

I don't do bump codes with the Simpsons sets.  I can figure them out by smooshing.  There's definitely something unique to each figure.  The toughest two are Millhouse and Ralph, as they are exactly the same, other than their heads.  If you can figure out their heads, then you can pull them out all day.  But everyone else has something that makes them unique.  (Grandpa is the only adult with a 2x2 tile, Homer has a 2x1 tile and a 1x2 rounded tile, Bart has skateboard wheels, etc)

Yes, bump codes don't really work any more since they're tied to a specific lot number. You have to match the lot number to codes people have found already, which is fairly rare. 

The heads are tough for me on the Simpsons, so I have better luck with their accessories. 

Homer: The round 1x1 doughnut, and the 1x2 tile remote.

Bart: The skateboard wheels feel like little dumbbells. Skateboard itself can be confused with baseplate.

Marge: Her hair feels like miniature corn, or you can feel the handle on her purse.

Lisa: Sometimes you can feel the pointy bits of her hair, but it's better to go for the J-shaped saxophone because her head is similar to Maggies.

Maggie: She doesn't have legs, and the teddy bear feels unique.

Grandpa: Another one of the many with a 2x2 tile, I usually feel for the small bumps on the end of head, similar to corncobs.

Ned: His toolbox is very unique.

Krusty: The round pie can be confused with Chief Wiggums head/hat, but you can feel the point bits of his hair easy.

Millhouse: Another one with just a 2x2 tile, feel for his short legs, then the big nose on his head to distinguish him from Ralph.

Ralph: Same as Millhouse but his head feels like a bowling ball, very round. 

Apu: His head can be tough to distinguish, so find the cup. It's the only mug shape that does NOT have a handle.

Nelson: His bat is most distinguishing feature. You can feel the round knob at very end, and the textured grip.

Itchy (mouse): His bat is unique to this set, and his ears are bendy if you find his head.

Scratchy (cat): His axe is easiest part, feel for cylinder and make sure it has no bumps (Nelson, Wiggum), then get to end for axehead.

Chief Wiggum: His baton is short with a nub near hilt, also his hat has distinctive flat edges on each side. 

Mr. Burns: The radioactive rod is short, smooth cylinder similar to a lightsaber blade. The fishbowl feels like a head at first but you can usually feel the opening on both sides if you're good.

One trick I've found is to simply feel a few, then take them up to the register and buy them. That way you can open them and see if you're right, and see what you got wrong.