71004 - Minifigures - The LEGO Movie

spener90

The LEGO Movie  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from this series?

• Calamity Drone
    • Gail the Construction Worker
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Larry the Barista
    • Panda Guy
    • Velma Staplebot
    • William Shakespeare
    • Taco Tuesday Guy
    • "Where are my pants?" Guy
    • Wiley Fusebot
    • President Business
    • Wild West Wyldstyle
    • Hard Hat Emmet
    • Scribble-Face Bad Cop
    • Mrs. Scratchen-post
    • Marsha - Queen of the Mermaids
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from this series?

• Calamity Drone
    • Gail the Construction Worker
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Larry the Barista
    • Panda Guy
    • Velma Staplebot
    • William Shakespeare
    • Taco Tuesday Guy
    • "Where are my pants?" Guy
    • Wiley Fusebot
    • President Business
    • Wild West Wyldestyle
    • Hard Hat Emmet
    • Scribble-Face Bad Cop
    • Mrs. Scratchen-Post
    • Marsha - Queen of the Mermaids
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this series?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Kinda surprised I'm the only one who's picked "where are my pants" guy. I guess I just thought it was funny.

gf is on your side she thinks it's hilarious 

does anyone have any tips for making something similar to scribble face cop?  what ink is best for not rubbing off

Kinda surprised I'm the only one who's picked "where are my pants" guy. I guess I just thought it was funny.

I guess he is funny but doesn't make much sense at this point with the whole "Where are my pants?" schtick....when he's holding them. :lol: Well, I'm the only one that liked Wiley Fusebot. What can I say? I totally dig robots and his western outfit is perfect for a real frontiersman. I am so going to amass a mecha army with these Lego Movie sets. :shifty:

First off this is my first post and I'm absolutly addicted to this site. Great stuff

Anyways I was wondering what everyones opinion is on the Lego Movie series 12 mini figs?

I was thinking of picking up a sealed box from TRU as they have them for $2.99 per unit (not sure if thats a good price) then just sititng on the box for a long term investment.

I'm wondeirng if they are going to preform better than most of the previous series of mini figs because of the movie tie in or if its worth my time and money?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

really it all depend on everyones reactions to the movie.  If it's a hit and the figs are running low in most retailers, money. if not you've got extra a couple winners in there.  Shakespeare and lincoln for sure.  the problem with buy a box from my experience (series 11) the duds (most of the 6er's)don't move.  If you have the time smush and find the ones you want ignore the rest

First off this is my first post and I'm absolutly addicted to this site. Great stuff

Anyways I was wondering what everyones opinion is on the Lego Movie series 12 mini figs?

I was thinking of picking up a sealed box from TRU as they have them for $2.99 per unit (not sure if thats a good price) then just sititng on the box for a long term investment.

I'm wondeirng if they are going to preform better than most of the previous series of mini figs because of the movie tie in or if its worth my time and money?

Well, the film tie-in will help to a degree. Otherwise far as regular collectors of the Minifigures line goes, this Series is all over the place and only a couple seem like a character one would find in a typical series. I don't know about performing better than past series' but I can imagine a couple of the rarest minfigures doing well. I'm fairly certain Hard Hat Emmet along with Scribble-Face Bad Cop will end up being worthless compared to the rest.

After putting these all together, I do like them much more now in person than before which of course is a usual experience for me. Although the character choices are all over the place, they do seem well among one another and I actually like the "Where are my Pants" Guy now. Haha. Still, the inclusions of Hard Hat Emmet, Scribble-Face Bad Cop, and President Business come across as if they were just tossed in there for good measure. The only thing special (when compared to the box sets) about the cop is his 'faces' and phone, President Business' coffee mug and head with expressions different from Lord Business' Evil Lair, and Hard Hat Emmet's faces and hard hat. In a way, I don't mind too much considering there are some useful parts in those last three and this is a relatively 'cheap' way of getting those elements.

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily, my Target was already carrying this series by the beginning of January so I have my complete set. Unfortunately, while the previous series' had some rhyme or reason, this one is tricky trying peg at all as to what will be desirable later down the road. Browsing through values on Bricklink only tells what is currently wanted or needed by some people at the moment which mainly seems to be William Shakespeare, Marsha Mermaid Queen, and Mrs. Scratchen-Post at the top with Velma Staplebot, Gail, and Calamity Drone for the second tier. As I figured, Emmet is at the bottom with Scribble-Face Bad Cop but amusingly President Business is doing better than both.

On a personal note, I can see Fusebot being bought up because all you have to do is replace his head and hands with regular yellow ones and you have a real frontiersman. Barista is good for his getup and coffee cup although the special nametag makes for a funny scene where every employee is named "Larry". Ha. I think President Business' suit is simple enough for your typical businessman (or an attorney).

Anyway, I feel as though the 'safer' investments for collectors at least would be William Shakespeare and perhaps Abraham Lincoln. They are not army builders but who wouldn't want two famous people of history in their collection? Santa from Series 8 is still doing well and he isn't even real. (Sorry, kiddies. I had to break the bubble on that one.) Overall, I would go with Shakespeare as the one to pick seeing how Lincoln is just ridiculously easy to find.

Luckily, my Target was already carrying this series by the beginning of January so I have my complete set. Unfortunately, while the previous series' had some rhyme or reason, this one is tricky trying peg at all as to what will be desirable later down the road. Browsing through values on Bricklink only tells what is currently wanted or needed by some people at the moment which mainly seems to be William Shakespeare, Marsha Mermaid Queen, and Mrs. Scratchen-Post at the top with Velma Staplebot, Gail, and Calamity Drone for the second tier. As I figured, Emmet is at the bottom with Scribble-Face Bad Cop but amusingly President Business is doing better than both.

On a personal note, I can see Fusebot being bought up because all you have to do is replace his head and hands with regular yellow ones and you have a real frontiersman. Barista is good for his getup and coffee cup although the special nametag makes for a funny scene where every employee is named "Larry". Ha. I think President Business' suit is simple enough for your typical businessman (or an attorney).

Anyway, I feel as though the 'safer' investments for collectors at least would be William Shakespeare and perhaps Abraham Lincoln. They are not army builders but who wouldn't want two famous people of history in their collection? Santa from Series 8 is still doing well and he isn't even real. (Sorry, kiddies. I had to break the bubble on that one.) Overall, I would go with Shakespeare as the one to pick seeing how Lincoln is just ridiculously easy to find.

Sorry to say but Abraham Lincoln is my least favorite as the minifigure... Although he was a great statesman.

That list is consistent with the ratio per box for those minifigs.  The top 6 are the rarest while the bottom 2 are the most common.

I am not sure there is a clear winner out of this CMF set for investment purposes though

I am not sure there is a clear winner out of this CMF set for investment purposes though

Me too especially at this point. Characters like Mrs. Scratchen-Post I don't see staying remotely high in value for long even with her rarity. Her tabbycat is cute but that's it.

Sorry to say but Abraham Lincoln is my least favorite as the minifigure... Although he was a great statesman.

Well then that just leaves ol' Shakespeare, huh?

Shakespeare definitely. I don`t know how Lego could/would incorporate him in any sets in the future, so this is likely it. I stumbled upon (I assume 2 boxes) of movie minifigures at Chapters this past week, had some time to kill, and felt through about 75 or so of them. Got 4 Shakespeare, a few more Lincoln (have about 7-8 or so), and that`s it. Had to get as many Shakespeare as I could. Walmart had them as well, but when I stumbled upon them I was on my way to work. Spent 10min feeling the 4 cases that where there. Got 1 Shakespeare 3-4 Lincoln, and 2 Panda. Promised myself to stop by asap, which ended up being the next day, and I kid/exaggerate you all not, they were already sifted through. I left them virtually the same state that I found them in, all aligned cases, and they were a mess and many missing the very next day. Chapters was a nice find, some compensation for my loss at walmart  :laugh: Anyway just thought I`d share the story, as I`m sure many can relate. 

As far as collecting the sets go, I stop at series 2, stopped paying attention until about series 9, and have now continued picking up specific figures. Don`t ask why I stopped paying attention, honestly I`m not sure, but I own very little from series 3-8, save for a couple Hazmat/Sailor/Musketeer, which were purchased about 6 months ago. I`d say it`s viable to buy/sell complete sets if you`re into that, but it`s equally profitable to just buy specific figures. If you can get the good ones/desired ones, then you`re practically set. Orc King beat me in posting here (silly you  xD  :sarcastic: ) as I`d definitely put money on  Shakespeare and Lincoln above the rest. They`re just too famous, and certainly most people will want them. Combine that with the case ratio, for William at least, and he should scream money. There`s others in here as well that should do well; Panda Guy is really cool for one. We`ll hopefully be able to tell after the movie is out in two weeks  :thumbsup:

Me too especially at this point. Characters like Mrs. Scratchen-Post I don't see staying remotely high in value for long even with her rarity. Her tabbycat is cute but that's it.

Don't forget her limited edition cat hair covered outfit! What Mrs. S-P is missing are her 19 other cats. Luckily I've got a whole litter of kitties among my Friends sets. She's like a darker version of the recent Grandma minifig.

Re: Will Shakespeare, didn't he already show up in an earlier CMF series? Or was that supposed to be Hamlet (given the skull).

Guest brickcrazyhouse

what santa isn't real? spoilers! damn you orcking my beliefs are shattered.  but back to the og post no army builders. I did give my local starbucks a barista fig in trade for a (overpriced) drink,  a week later she tell me a ton of people have asked "where to get one?" maybe a sleeper with caffeine addicts

My top pick is Shakespeare, mostly because there are very few of him per case.

But I think the Panda will be a great sleeper pick.  He is very common, but I think he is generic enough that he will appeal to a wider audience than the rest.  And his little panda teddy bear is going to be great on the secondary market once this series is retired.

***Words of Wisdom time, lol.  Keep in mind that although the Panda is common, the Gingerbread Man and Holiday Elf from Series 11 were also painfully common.  Their values are both on the rise now that Series 11 is all but gone.  What is common now, won't be common forever.

My top pick is Shakespeare, mostly because there are very few of him per case.

But I think the Panda will be a great sleeper pick.  He is very common, but I think he is generic enough that he will appeal to a wider audience than the rest.  And his little panda teddy bear is going to be great on the secondary market once this series is retired.

***Words of Wisdom time, lol.  Keep in mind that although the Panda is common, the Gingerbread Man and Holiday Elf from Series 11 were also painfully common.  Their values are both on the rise now that Series 11 is all but gone.  What is common now, won't be common forever.

The thing is Panda Guy does not have an enormously popular Merry Panda Day to back it up, unlike those 2 figs from series 11 or the big man from series 8.  Not saying it won't go up in value, but expecting Santa's number is a rather tall order.

The thing is Panda Guy does not have an enormously popular Merry Panda Day to back it up, unlike those 2 figs from series 11 or the big man from series 8.  Not saying it won't go up in value, but expecting Santa's number is a rather tall order.

To clarify, I wasn't likening the Panda to Santa.  I was just saying that a figure that is commonplace during its shelf life becomes far less commonplace once it is retired and unavailable.  I don't believe the Panda will ever compare to Santa in value, I just believe that it will rise in value once it is gone from shelves, no matter how common it is.  It is a very cool figure, and has some characteristics that will help keep it a popular choice.

I was just saying that a figure that is commonplace during its shelf life becomes far less commonplace once it is retired and unavailable.

True. Those Holiday Elves should start to gain some value after a while as he is the companion piece to Series 8 Santa. Of course I did help contribute to his scarcity in my parts due to my buying enough to employ an entire workshop. Ha. :D Also I felt compelled to buy a bunch of Yeti's for some reason. I don't know. I'll figure the "why" when I get there (in a MOC).

But I think the Panda will be a great sleeper pick. He is very common, but I think he is generic enough that he will appeal to a wider audience than the rest. And his little panda teddy bear is going to be great on the secondary market once this series is retired.

I actually considered Panda Suit Guy could be a sleeper hit in a way. It could take a while but I have little problem seeing people wanting him down the road either for him or his Panda teddy bear. :wub:

Lincoln, hands down (as a long term investment). Though I am partial to the Where's-my-pants guy. :)

After opening up for display a "Where are my Pants?" Guy, I have to admit he is a likeable fellow. I also had an odd thought where if I took his shirt and hair then gave him a different head and pair of 'pants', he could look like the closest thing to Tommy Vercetti in Lego.

vc_anniv_tommy_vercetti_rockstar.jpg

I did give my local starbucks a barista fig in trade for a (overpriced) drink,  a week later she tell me a ton of people have asked "where to get one?" maybe a sleeper with caffeine addicts

Well, I already bought eight for myself. I figured the outfit and unique coffee cup would go great with a coffee bar modular.

Will Shakespeare, didn't he already show up in an earlier CMF series? Or was that supposed to be Hamlet (given the skull).

It's Hamlet....with Achmed, the dead terrorist! :lol:

8411557197_2a83118c9e_b.jpg