71004 - Minifigures - The LEGO Movie

spener90

The LEGO Movie  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from this series?

• Calamity Drone
    • Gail the Construction Worker
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Larry the Barista
    • Panda Guy
    • Velma Staplebot
    • William Shakespeare
    • Taco Tuesday Guy
    • "Where are my pants?" Guy
    • Wiley Fusebot
    • President Business
    • Wild West Wyldstyle
    • Hard Hat Emmet
    • Scribble-Face Bad Cop
    • Mrs. Scratchen-post
    • Marsha - Queen of the Mermaids
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from this series?

• Calamity Drone
    • Gail the Construction Worker
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Larry the Barista
    • Panda Guy
    • Velma Staplebot
    • William Shakespeare
    • Taco Tuesday Guy
    • "Where are my pants?" Guy
    • Wiley Fusebot
    • President Business
    • Wild West Wyldestyle
    • Hard Hat Emmet
    • Scribble-Face Bad Cop
    • Mrs. Scratchen-Post
    • Marsha - Queen of the Mermaids
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this series?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I hate my walmart. No minifigs or polybags.

Same scenario with mine for the most part. If I do find some Minifigures or polybags, it is very random and they're usually tossed somewhere in the clearance aisle. Bah.

I have a full set.  I think I might list them tonight.  It looks like a full set is going for $100 or more.

$100 already?! :blink:

bp_1393745119__quick_meme.jpg

I have a full set.  I think I might list them tonight.  It looks like a full set is going for $100 or more.

$100 seems a little high... I saw this listing and it's only going for $79.99 with free shipping...  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-THE-LEGO-MOVIE-71004-Complete-Set-of-16-MINIFIGURES-/221362817775

I don't know how some of these sellers are getting so much money for their minifigs.  $10.99 for the scribble face bad cop?  Seems way overpriced....

I don't know how some of these sellers are getting so much money for their minifigs.  $10.99 for the scribble face bad cop?  Seems way overpriced....

Especially considering the only facet unique to the Scribble-Face Bad Cop is his two 'expressions'. Otherwise, he is exactly the same as the Bad Cop in the $30 Bad Cop Pursuit set really. Same thing with President Business; only thing special is his two faces and the Octan coffee mug.

We're not interested in collecting the movie sets, but we do want to get some of the minifigs from the sets that get good screen time.... Here's my question.

Should I wait a little while? Do you think the price of the figs are going up or down? Aside from Benny which is definitely out there lost in space, they're not too bad ranging from about $4 for basic figs (like Ma Cop and Pa Cop) to approx $8 for Wild Style w/Hood and Robo Swats.

Wait or go for it?

We're not interested in collecting the movie sets, but we do want to get some of the minifigs from the sets that get good screen time.... Here's my question.

Should I wait a little while? Do you think the price of the figs are going up or down? Aside from Benny which is definitely out there lost in space, they're not too bad ranging from about $4 for basic figs (like Ma Cop and Pa Cop) to approx $8 for Wild Style w/Hood and Robo Swats.

Wait or go for it?

Well, the prices of the minifigures from the sets are obviously high now because of stores being cleaned out. I would think in a month or two perhaps that retailers should start to carry stock at a better pace and the persons who really wanted the sets already got theirs. Unless the value of characters go up when a set is more readily available for some reason then I would wait. I honestly cannot see The Lego Movie sets being completely sold out for the entirety of 2014.

The DVD release is many months away at this point.  I don't think these will resurface at that time.  By then, there will be a new series out.  Seems like for whatever reason, most retailers (at least in my area) don't like to dedicate much of their shelf space to CMF's.  They wouldn't bring back the Movie series on top of whatever the current series is at the time.  My guess is that the Movie series is done.  Lego probably assumed they would be popular, but so far all expectations for this movie have been shattered.  It would take a long time to produce a new batch.  I just don't see that happening.

Recently found some at Wal-Mart the other day, only issue was, was that they weren't even displayed. I had to ask if they had any, a guy went in the back and in 30 minutes he pulled out 2 60 box sets. Decided to get one, but had a strange issue were the box set cost less than the price of 60 mystery packages, had something similar to me happen at a Walgreens a couple months back, but for this it was marked up, not down. Oh well. Barely got two full sets, had an extra Gail minifig when I had some spare change and saw them at my grocery store. Probably will sell one of the sets to recuperate a bit, and keep the extra 11 or so unopened bags to resell later.

Does anybody know how long before these go out? I know that we don't know for sure, but an educated opinion will do the trick.

Each 'normal' series typically hangs around three to four months. However, being related to The Lego Movie may have made these even scarcer due to that film's incredible popularity and quite possibly made this series' run very brief in a way almost as short lived as the original Series 1. They are still sold out on Shop-at-Home here and I haven't seen these make a return in stores anywhere.

The only place I have been able to get these in the last 2 weeks is at Walgreens and online TRU.  Literally every Walgreens I've been to has at least a few.  yesterday I was able to get an almost complete and unmolested box (unmolested because I got 2 mexican hat guys, scratchen post and only 1 emmet and president business.  I also scored some Series 10 figures lying behind a bunch of Kreo zombies.

Okay this was weird. My Target still has no endcap for this series from selling out right after the movie premiere but just earlier yesterday, I saw a brand new 60 count box at Walmart stuck right in the middle of the Lego aisle. :blink: Walmart actually stocking a series that was not around the holiday spending season and in the Lego aisle instead of the clearance one was a first for me. They are just so odd when it comes to the Collectable Minifigures at all.

On a another note, both Walmart and Target had a box for the first series of Mixels which was cool. I managed to get a complete set in one go. :biggrin:

A little nugget from Brickset.com:

We've just received interesting news about the Blu-ray release of The LEGO Movie from someone in the US. Unfortunately they haven't provided a name or email address so I can't corroborate it, but it seems plausible:

"A friend of mine just took a survey about the collector's edition of the LEGO movie, and showed me an image of the package, including the exclusive mini figure. It's the prologue version of Vitruvious with normal eyes, wearing a grey headband, has a printed amulet and robes. It appears that it's only included with the collector's edition that includes DVD, Blu Ray, 3D and digital copy of the movie."