My order status

HH x2 from Amazon 28R4, slight squishing of boxes and corner damage but happy.

HH x1 from Target 37R4 in Target special huge box, arrived in perfect condition.

T1x2 and GEx2 from Amazon were shipped together and arrived in rough shape, I should have placed separate orders for these.

Boscov's order arrived in good shape in multiple shipments.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few order updates that came in today:

Death Star from Walmart -  Gold star today for Walmart shipping.  Pristine condition for once.

Not shipped in the lego case but in a large sturdy box 1.5x the size needed with lots of paper.

Tumbler from WBshop - Was really concerned about this one, but WB did Ok this time.  Their shipping department must be one guy in a basement or something.  They shipped the tumbler in a frankenbox made out of 2 square boxes.  Sturdy at least.  One end of the Tumbler is a bit bent/squished but not bad enough to complain.  No pristine but good enough.

HH from Amazon - perfect as always.   2 in a box.  In perfect condition.

Target also billed me for the two TH's ordered one week ago.  

I have ordered 4 times from them and all 4 times they have come in this weird frankenbox as you call it.  They take two boxes and kind of tape them together.  All of arrived in pretty crappy shape.  2 AAs, 2 ToO.  1 AA was awful with the seals broke so they gave me a pretty nice discount (can't remember how much exactly).  I haven't complained on the others because they at least weren't opened from the silly packing but it is weird, they must ship a fair amount of these large sets, they really don't have boxes big enough to accommodate?

The AA I ordered previously from WB arrived beat to hell.  They gave me a 20% refund on it so I kept it.

Not sure how the value for that will go when I try to sell it.

Their shipping department must be miniscule.  And I assume they must ship mostly smaller items or they just don't deem boxes worthy of spending money on .

I sell a lot of box damage and it goes for roughly the same. Nothing to worry about especially with 20% off. I would take box damage AA at 130 any time.
  • Like 2

Bought a few GEs from Walmart recently, all came within a shipping box. The seals were decent but the box was a bit beat up. There were some creases here and there but acceptable. After closer examination, I saw that on the front of one of the LEGO boxes it had a piece torn off. I'm thinking it probably got a shipping label stuck to it. Someone wasn't happy with it and returned it. Now the hot potato is in my hands.  :frantics:  :frantics:  :frantics:  

Same thing with an order of Town halls that I've received recently. It had one third of the town hall building torn off.

Damn... At this point in both of these set's life cycle, I guess I can't be choosy. I just hope it won't hurt its resell value too much. Or maybe I'll just let the wife build it. Happy wife happy life. 

4 Tumblers from WB shop showed up today - 2 were in their own sealed lego cartons.  - outer carton is mint so i'm just leaving those alone.

the other two were packed in 2 gigantic boxes with lots of stuffing but still managed to get squashed.  

mos squashed gettin' built.  overall, happy about the condition.  putting the maple syrup away.

I ordered 2x Town Hall from Walmart.com on 10/10.  They shipped separately yesterday, one from CA and one from MS.  I would think they are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel if they can't even put 2 together from the same warehouse.  I just hope they show up in better condition than my GEs.

WOW...Just got two Town Halls from Walmart.  One in perfect condition in a LEGO shipping box.  The other arrived with no shipping box and all taped up and crushed.  I guess I can build it.  Anyone have any luck getting money back from Walmart for a situation like this when there is no stock to replace it?

WOW...Just got two Town Halls from Walmart.  One in perfect condition in a LEGO shipping box.  The other arrived with no shipping box and all taped up and crushed.  I guess I can build it.  Anyone have any luck getting money back from Walmart for a situation like this when there is no stock to replace it?

Sorry Ed wow.

My next 2 Walmart Town Halls came in and both for once in Mint condition.  Both are 26R4 so they are actually older than the last batch I got from them.

WOW...Just got two Town Halls from Walmart. One in perfect condition in a LEGO shipping box. The other arrived with no shipping box and all taped up and crushed. I guess I can build it. Anyone have any luck getting money back from Walmart for a situation like this when there is no stock to replace it?

it is a ymmv as it really depends on whom you get on the other line. Some CS will give you 10-20% back and other will just tell you flat out to return it and that's that . Ofc it also helps if you can pull some charm or anger .

I'm not sure what to do, my two recent town hall boxes from Target were both damaged. One looks like it was slid across the room on the front and the other has a hole the size of a quarter in it. They offered 10% or return it. Any advice?

if it was me i won't take anything less than 30% off. doesn't mean that they will give it to you.. most likely i will just return it i.e. take it to the store and return and get my $$$. with online return of target and toy r us; it takes almost 2 weeks after they receive the item to get your $$. so better to take it to the store.

with  box damage its almost like selling without the box and obviously people/BP'er would want discount :) . its not like saying MISB or NISB.

Edited by newbie77

Solo HH from Target showed up with minimal airbag support and a bit of creasing on front and back.. seals didn't pop at least. Debating keeping for a build, I guess it all depends where the pricing lands.

Do the longterm speculators see this approaching anywhere near CC or GG status given it's unique status under the MF theming?