Price Guide Update and Brickfolio Dataset Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi.  Will we get some price updates in June?  Last one was March, I think.  I entered all my collection in March (600+ items) and have no investment feedback with no updated prices.   :(

With the impending release of Brick Classifieds, other info was going to lag a bit in the short term.  The site will be much better for it in the long term. 

I should have it by this weekend.  It comes to a point where it's easier to wait for the next months files instead of doing the one, then another.  

Thanks but its not really a group thing that can make it go any faster..

Oh ok.  This weekend would be great timing because I just found out I'm losing my job so need to start offloading my investments in a sensible order.

Oh ok.  This weekend would be great timing because I just found out I'm losing my job so need to start offloading my investments in a sensible order.

Sorry to hear about that Gondorian.  I generally check sold listings on ebay for the most recent trending and sales data on a set anyway to get a more exact value.  Good luck in your endeavors.

• Like 1

I don't want to start a fight or seem ungrateful for all the Macks do, but there needs to be some consistency in the monthly price updates. I know you are slammed with your full time jobs and with all the upgrades in progress for this website, but it is after all a "price and investing guide". The basics still need to be addressed first, in my opinion. If you guys are falling behind because of other things, maybe consider outsourcing something?

Again, I appreciate EVERYTHING this website has provided me!

Thanks

I don't want to start a fight or seem ungrateful for all the Macks do, but there needs to be some consistency in the monthly price updates. I know you are slammed with your full time jobs and with all the upgrades in progress for this website, but it is after all a "price and investing guide". The basics still need to be addressed first, in my opinion. If you guys are falling behind because of other things, maybe consider outsourcing something?

Thanks

Sometimes its better to keep your thoughts to yourself.  The honest reason I say that is, why can't you just send me a PM and I will give you an honest answer.  But it does drive me batty when people say "say thank you so much, but I want this or that or go hire people"  I understand it's late, do I want it to be late? Of course not.  As I have said in countless threads before, sometimes its not always in my control and Ed and I are not billionaires.

2014-06-05_15-06-52.png

For a while now, I have been dealing with eBay to try and get me this data and I am having a hard time getting it.  They are way behind with this region and a few missing dates in the other.  It is not worth my time to run what I have and then update later. Sure I should have made an announcement, that would have been a better thing to do, but there is never a set date...EVER... as to when I will have all the data.  It is pretty annoying.

Once I get the data, it takes 2-3 days to process depending on how how many listings, how much time I can put in, etc.  There is no easy way for me to offload it to anyone.

Thanks

Your best price guide is when you go to EBay and view "Sold Listings".  LOL ^^^^^

Your best price guide is when you go to EBay and view "Sold Listings".  LOL ^^^^^

Yep, I can certainly (and have) done that. But when I have hundreds of sets and just want to compare my monthly change on a chart, that is a lot of work. If there was something to I could do to help the website to free up time so that the "basics" were addressed, I would be more than happy to do so. I won't say anymore on this since apparently only the "nicey-nicey" things are taken under advisement.

Once I get the data, it takes 2-3 days to process depending on how how many listings, how much time I can put in, etc.  There is no easy way for me to offload it to anyone.

I can't help to wonder if some of this couldn't be automated. It sounds like a lot of time you put in every month. But of course I don't know anything about the details involved.

I can't help to wonder if some of this couldn't be automated. It sounds like a lot of time you put in every month. But of course I don't know anything about the details involved.

I am sure Jeff has certain things automated.  I remember him posting about the process a while back.  I don't think he sits there and catalogs each listing one by one.  I remember him saying there are a few hundred thousand per month that need to be filtered.

I completely understand the time involved. Actually, I cannot imagine how much time and effort REALLY goes in behind the scenes. I know you cannot offload the pricing process to someone else. It would just be too much to train someone else. But if there are other "new" projects that take time away from the core, could those be outsourced or "backburnered"? Not suggesting you hire anybody and I am not being demanding. Again, the current prices are the basis for this website, IMO.

As to the PM, I try not to send those as I feel your in box probably gets filled up and maybe a general concern such as mine can be addressed ONCE on the forum versus over and over via PM. I am always at a loss as to whether something should be posted in the forum or sent as a PM.

Trying to shut up now....honestly.

I completely understand the time involved. Actually, I cannot imagine how much time and effort REALLY goes in behind the scenes. I know you cannot offload the pricing process to someone else. It would just be too much to train someone else. But if there are other "new" projects that take time away from the core, could those be outsourced or "backburnered"? Not suggesting you hire anybody and I am not being demanding. Again, the current prices are the basis for this website, IMO.

Maybe you did not see my image that I posted to your original comment.  What I was trying to show there was that I do not have any files after Apr 7, 2014 for certain parts of the data I get.  For each day, I receive 3 different files (total 12 files a day 4 regions x 3 files each).  Certain parts I have all the data, for others, I don't even have 1 day of May yet.  So even if I had nothing else to do, there is nothing I can really give you.  Sure we are working on tons of projects, but we do understand that the price guide is a core part, but like I mentioned, I don't have total control.  Even if you were to offer me $100m I could never tell you or guarantee exactly when I would have all the files.  This is a major weakness in the data rollout.  It's not an API that has data waiting for me.  I am working with them to try and figure out the bugs in the delivery.  Sometimes it works great day after day for weeks, and then it just misses and throws it all off.

As to the PM, I try not to send those as I feel your in box probably gets filled up and maybe a general concern such as mine can be addressed ONCE on the forum versus over and over via PM. I am always at a loss as to whether something should be posted in the forum or sent as a PM.

For most things related to functions of the site, constructive criticism, ideas, personally I would always prefer a PM.

Trying to shut up now....honestly.