2. 2. Which is your least favorite?

• Toy Shop
    • Bakery
    • Post Office
    • Cottage
    • Market
    • Santa's Workshop

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in the Advent calendars. Moreso as a fan than an investor. They're unimaginative and stale. 

Come up with something besides a random menagerie of City and Star Wars already. 

I did the calendars with my kid for 3 years, but it was a hard pass last year and will be again this year simply because it's the same thing (or close enough) year after year. 

There's so many avenues to go down. Whether it be creator or simply another Lego theme. We could probably have forum members come up with fantastic ideas in 10-15 minutes of brainstorming, and they would be high demand. "Its a small window of production. Better get it before it sells out." 

And yet, here we are with the same damn thing. Year in and year out. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, P_R_Rice said:

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in the Advent calendars. Moreso as a fan than an investor. They're unimaginative and stale. 

Come up with something besides a random menagerie of City and Star Wars already. 

I did the calendars with my kid for 3 years, but it was a hard pass last year and will be again this year simply because it's the same thing (or close enough) year after year. 

There's so many avenues to go down. Whether it be creator or simply another Lego theme. We could probably have forum members come up with fantastic ideas in 10-15 minutes of brainstorming, and they would be high demand. "Its a small window of production. Better get it before it sells out." 

They changed Friends, although I'm not sure for the better. No more minidolls...but every day is a new ornament.

agree 100%.
same boring thing every year.
how cool would it be to have a different theme each year? they could use it to revisit older themes, especially this year when it was 60th anniversary of the brick and 40th of minifigs. a few classic figs of space, pirates, castle...some retro mini builds.
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Not yet, at least not here  :(

spending 345 chinese yuan (~$50) to get this sack seems not a good deal. on the other hand, buying the book and get the HP diagon alley is pretty slick, but once again the book costs you 699 chinese yuan, roughly $100...

1 minute ago, superlegolover said:

spending 345 chinese yuan (~$50) to get this sack seems not a good deal. on the other hand, buying the book and get the HP diagon alley is pretty slick, but once again the book costs you 699 chinese yuan, roughly $100...

Fingers crossed for overlapping promos :rock:

• 1 month later...