71002 - Minifigures - Series 11

TheOrcKing

Series 11  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 11?

• Barbarian
    • Scarecrow
    • Pretzel Girl
    • Evil Mech
    • Island Warrior
    • Gingerbread Man
    • Holiday Elf
    • Yeti
    • Mountain Climber
    • Welder
    • Scientist
    • Saxophone Player
    • Diner Waitress
    • Grandma
    • Constable
    • Lady Robot
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 11?

• Barbarian
    • Scarecrow
    • Pretzel Girl
    • Evil Mech
    • Island Warrior
    • Gingerbread Man
    • Holiday Elf
    • Yeti
    • Mountain Climber
    • Welder
    • Scientist
    • Saxophone Player
    • Diner Waitress
    • Grandma
    • Constable
    • Lady Robot
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 11?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Went to my Walmart today... tadaaa!  Series 11.  They never refilled series 10 after selling out the initial display box.  Grabbed one for the reference.  Happened to be the lady robot :)  Just my luck.

One of the Walmart I went to today did the same thing and had a full box of series 10 last week.  Looks like they tossed those in those goodwill boxes and returned. 

Went back to the Meijer I bought the first 15 and bought another 14 more.  I should definitely get a yeti, right?  I didn't get a single one.  Someone in that last 2 days must have gone through the packs and got all 6 Yetis :growl:

Looks like I am going to have to trade for what I need. Anyone have an extra Yeti and Diner Waitress?

-continued from above post-

Mountain Climber

9382238349_21183b1f76_o.jpg

Welder

9385018596_3866d7c6cb_o.jpg

Scientist

9385016336_269135ee4e_o.jpg

Saxophone Player

9385014912_29f4362dbc_o.jpg

Diner Waitress

9382231905_58dc587b13_o.jpg

Grandma

9382230001_423fd3ef16_o.jpg

Constable

9385009844_25f63321e7_o.jpg

Lady Robot

9385048450_b79a35051e_o.jpg

Well, that's all the included parts for each one. I'm hoping this will give a much better visual image of what to look for.

Thanks OrcKing for contributing so well to our delinquency! What a great, easy to read list. I hit a Walmart and a Target today and found two gingerbread guys (round flat head is dead giveaway) and two scarecrows (pitchfork is great way to find this one). I could not for the life of me find the spear for the warrior guy. I will use your list to hunt for the elf--I guess the bear and the box would be the keys.

Still not crazy about this series.  But personal opinions aside...here are my findings so far...

Went through an entire box, and there was only one Grandma, one Waitress and two Saxophone Players.  Those seem to be the rare ones so far.

There were so many Constables, Mountain Climbers, and Welders it was almost painful.  Everything else seems to be pretty evenly distributed.

4:1 is wrong, eh?  Right, there are so many women among firefighters, police, miners, not mentioning medieval army :)  How many female characters are in Star Wars or LOTR?  Being a woman, I'm totally happy with the current 4:1 ratio and all those "protests" just annoy me. 

• Like 1

LEGO getting some good press from the scientist (sorry if this was noted elsewhere):

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/09/05/lego-releases-first-female-scientist/

That article reads as though the Scientist is the first female anything which feels rather insulting. Plus there are plenty of characters without a gender at all like the robots and other oddities.

4:1 is wrong, eh?  Right, there are so many women among firefighters, police, miners, not mentioning medieval army :)  How many female characters are in Star Wars or LOTR?  Being a woman, I'm totally happy with the current 4:1 ratio and all those "protests" just annoy me.

Word up, sister.

My thoughts of the minifigs:

Barbarian - If I ever have my own hunger games he's in it for sure.
Scarecrow - Wizard of Oz!
Bavarian Lady - Ehh...a little too plain if you ask me.
Evil Mech - Really cool!
Tiki Warrior - Love the mask, a lot.
Gingerbread Man - My favorite lol. This guy is just awesome!
Holiday Elf - The ears make me want it.
Yeti - An Icicle as a Popsicle...interesting but that'd freeze my tounge.
Mountain Climber - A little plane but I love the sunglasses (It's not like that's all I wear on my channel or somethin')
Welder - First I thought the head was a robot, then I thought it was from inFamous, then I noticed it was a welder.
Scientist - Getting a LOT of positive rep from media sources on TV and Radio.
Jazz Musician - "Why so serious?"
Diner Waitress - That is just awesome!
Grandma - Grandma or Cat Lady?
Constable - So much TV nastolgia!
Lady Robot - I'm a bit scared but I like it.

A couple of name changes.
Bavarian Lady is now Pretzel Girl Makes sense, I have no idea (without using google) what a Bavarian is.
Jazz Musician is now Saxophone Player Makes sense.
Tiki Warrior is now Island Warrior Yeah I'll stick to Tiki but it makes sense...

Bavarian refers to people from Bavaria in Germany and the (now) Pretzel Girl wears a dirndl which is a customary dress for women of the region especially during Oktoberfest. :drinks:

399px-Dirndl.jpg

When I saw the initial photo, all I can think of is a beer wench from Okotoberfest.  I wish they replaced the pretzel with 2 daz bootz for the adults. 

• Like 1

When I saw the initial photo, all I can think of is a beer wench from Okotoberfest.  I wish they replaced the pretzel with 2 daz bootz for the adults. 

I'm pretty sure that's what they ment, but decided not to mention beer, 'cause Lego is still kid's toy :P

I found my Barbarian today (to go with Caesar), old lady and  a tiki warrior (suddenly my husband decided he likes that minifigure)

On the subject of smooshing...

If you look at the OrkKing's wonderfully detailed list, you can see that most (not all) of the minifigures will have a bottom body half, a top body half and a small head. All of them will also have a black baseplate for them to stand on. If you can identify these parts and move them to the top or the bottom of the package, the pieces that are left will give you the clues you need to identify which one you have. (One exception to this is the yeti--his head is all one big piece. Also the gingerbread man has a flat round head).

I am just learning how to smoosh myself. Today I finally got my sax guy.

• Like 1

Finally found the scarecrow over the weekend, so I have all 16 figures now.  Seemed like every other package was a welder, mountain climber, or Yeti.  Had a tough time finding the pretzel girl and island warrior, too.  Think I only got one of the girl and 2 of the warrior.

Thanks to The Orc King for posting that awesome piece break out of each figure...having that made it SO much easier to identify each one by feel!!  :thumbsup:  :goodjob:

• Like 1

Found the scientist lady today (my husband shouldn't read too much about her).  So I'm done with series 11 I think.  It's weird how series 11 is still around at 1 of my walmarts (others didn't get it yet) and 1 target - just full display boxes.  Series 10 was so quickly gone.  I guess 'cause of mr. Gold.

On the subject of smooshing...

If you look at the OrkKing's wonderfully detailed list, you can see that most (not all) of the minifigures will have a bottom body half, a top body half and a small head. All of them will also have a black baseplate for them to stand on. If you can identify these parts and move them to the top or the bottom of the package, the pieces that are left will give you the clues you need to identify which one you have. (One exception to this is the yeti--his head is all one big piece. Also the gingerbread man has a flat round head).

I am just learning how to smoosh myself. Today I finally got my sax guy.

Finally found the scarecrow over the weekend, so I have all 16 figures now.  Seemed like every other package was a welder, mountain climber, or Yeti.  Had a tough time finding the pretzel girl and island warrior, too.  Think I only got one of the girl and 2 of the warrior.

Thanks to The Orc King for posting that awesome piece break out of each figure...having that made it SO much easier to identify each one by feel!!  :thumbsup:  :goodjob:

Always glad to help. Here is a topic I started back in April to help others get a better understanding of smooshing. A 'smooshers' guide to Minifigures

Back on this topic, my Target got these in last week and I obtained a complete set of sixteen all in one go. Now time for the extras!

• Like 1

I am half Japanese! Where is the Japanese love in minifigure land? Closest I got is Short Round. Oh...and if they ever make the minifigure of the CUUSSOO designer of the BTTF. I mean they even have Ninjas but named them Lloyd and Cole!!!!

Btw...I am joking :)

I am half Japanese! Where is the Japanese love in minifigure land? Closest I got is Short Round. Oh...and if they ever make the minifigure of the CUUSSOO designer of the BTTF. I mean they even have Ninjas but named them Lloyd and Cole!!!!

Btw...I am joking :)

Rename Ninjago guys :P