71002 - Minifigures - Series 11

TheOrcKing

Series 11  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 11?

• Barbarian
    • Scarecrow
    • Pretzel Girl
    • Evil Mech
    • Island Warrior
    • Gingerbread Man
    • Holiday Elf
    • Yeti
    • Mountain Climber
    • Welder
    • Scientist
    • Saxophone Player
    • Diner Waitress
    • Grandma
    • Constable
    • Lady Robot
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 11?

• Barbarian
    • Scarecrow
    • Pretzel Girl
    • Evil Mech
    • Island Warrior
    • Gingerbread Man
    • Holiday Elf
    • Yeti
    • Mountain Climber
    • Welder
    • Scientist
    • Saxophone Player
    • Diner Waitress
    • Grandma
    • Constable
    • Lady Robot
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 11?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Alright, after a little coercion, I added the usual Series poll to the thread.

I must note there were a couple of official name changes.

Bavarian Lady is now Pretzel Girl

Jazz Musician is now Saxophone Player

Tiki Warrior is now Island Warrior

I don't know about you but I actually liked the originals. Bavarian Lady sounded perfect especially next to Lederhosen Guy, but Pretzel Girl? Jazz Musician sounded right-on-the-money unique and I liked how Tiki Warrior sounded over plain Island Warrior. That's just me though.

One of the first things I remembered when seeing the Constable was how you said you were hoping for a Victorian/Scotland Yard look. Well, looks like you got your wish!

I'm planning on finding a handful of Gingerbread Men myself along with the Holiday Elf. They'll make great decorative holiday characters for display with some Winter Village builds and the like. The Holiday Elf's face is a little goofy though like someone spiked the egg nog. :wacko:

Haha, thanks! I`m very impressed with how he turned out. Can`t wait  :yahoo: Best of luck with your Holiday "Army." Those figs are $ in the bank as an investment, because Christmas always comes...always. And above all, they are just pretty darn cool over all! Can`t wait to see some pics of how many you are able to amass, should you decide to post some?

Alright, after a little coercion, I added the usual Series poll to the thread.

I must note there were a couple of official name changes.

Bavarian Lady is now Pretzel Girl

Jazz Musician is now Saxophone Player

Tiki Warrior is now Island Warrior

I don't know about you but I actually liked the originals. Bavarian Lady sounded perfect especially next to Lederhosen Guy, but Pretzel Girl? Jazz Musician sounded right-on-the-money unique and I liked how Tiki Warrior sounded over plain Island Warrior. That's just me though.

Im up for Saxophone Player.

I have a "Saxophone Hero" shirt.

Haha, thanks! I`m very impressed with how he turned out. Can`t wait  :yahoo: Best of luck with your Holiday "Army." Those figs are $ in the bank as an investment, because Christmas always comes...always. And above all, they are just pretty darn cool over all! Can`t wait to see some pics of how many you are able to amass, should you decide to post some?

You're welcome, and thank you. :D

I had thought about taking some pics of my Minifigure collection especially the ones I've amassed a huge army of! I really want to do a big battle scene diorama with all the space related characters, and then maybe a "Holiday Wars" one for fun with some Santas, Yeti, Holiday Elves, and Gingerbread Men. It's going to be a warzone in my house come this Christmas! :kingxmas: :comando:

• 2 weeks later...

They're only available at one high street chain who seem to be building a relationship with lego. One of our national newspapers are giving away lego everyday next week and said high street chain are the partners :the place where you redeem the voucher in order to get the lego.

And the character ratio.

Scarecrow - 2

Bavarian Lady - 2

Tiki Warrior - 2

Jazz Musician - 2

Dinner Waitress - 2Grandma - 2

Barbarian - 4

Evil Mech - 4

Scientist - 4

Gingerbread Man - 4

Holiday Elf - 4

Lady Robot - 4

Yeti - 6

Welder - 6

Mountain Climber - 6

Constable - 6

The box ratio of 60 in view.

9385047434_8e980361bd_o.jpg

Do we know for sure that each box has the same ratio of figures?

Do we know for sure that each box has the same ratio of figures?

I have personally gone through a good amount of boxes each for Series 7, 8, 9, and 10, and their respective ratios have been consistent with WhiteFang's findings. It makes perfect sense for Lego to always have a set box ratio instead of a random one. They will know how many to produce before hand and it gives them complete control over every character's rarity.

"Pretzel Girl", eh? I liked Bavarian lady better, but whatever. Why the hell are there only 2 of her per case? Series 10 I wanted Medusa and there were only two of them per case....argghh.

I don't know why they changed it to Pretzel Girl either. Bavarian Lady was perfect especially with her standing right next to her male counterpart, Lederhosen Guy. "Pretzel Girl", bah! Anyway, Lego is fixated with their new "six 2's, six 4's, and four 6's" ratio setup now. It had to do with trying a new smaller box half the size of the original which held 60 but I haven't seen this new size outside of Series 9 with Series 10 going right back to the original size. :wacko:

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere (and it likely has,) but is anybody else really disappointed with series 11?  In a word...it just feels...unnecessary.  The only thing that even slightly grabbed my attention was the Yeti/Abominable Snowman guy.  I remember how fired up I was when I first looked at Series 10.  I just about fell out of my chair when I saw Medusa.  I didn't get any of that excitement when I got my first look at Series 11.

How does everybody esle feel?  Anybody excited for any of these characters?  Which of them will be the valuable and sought after ones?  I think the Elf will probably go nicely with the Santa from Series 8.  The Gingerbread Man too most likely.  But is anyone going to pay anything above retail for them?

I don't know.  I just feel really disappointed and want 10 to hang around forever, or at least until 12 comes out and hopefully blows my mind.  Someone please reassure me.

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere (and it likely has,) but is anybody else really disappointed with series 11?  In a word...it just feels...unnecessary.  The only thing that even slightly grabbed my attention was the Yeti/Abominable Snowman guy.  I remember how fired up I was when I first looked at Series 10.  I just about fell out of my chair when I saw Medusa.  I didn't get any of that excitement when I got my first look at Series 11.

How does everybody esle feel?  Anybody excited for any of these characters?  Which of them will be the valuable and sought after ones?  I think the Elf will probably go nicely with the Santa from Series 8.  The Gingerbread Man too most likely.  But is anyone going to pay anything above retail for them?

I don't know.  I just feel really disappointed and want 10 to hang around forever, or at least until 12 comes out and hopefully blows my mind.  Someone please reassure me.

All I have to say is Barbarian warrior FTW

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere (and it likely has,) but is anybody else really disappointed with series 11?  In a word...it just feels...unnecessary.  The only thing that even slightly grabbed my attention was the Yeti/Abominable Snowman guy.  I remember how fired up I was when I first looked at Series 10.  I just about fell out of my chair when I saw Medusa.  I didn't get any of that excitement when I got my first look at Series 11. How does everybody esle feel?  Anybody excited for any of these characters?  Which of them will be the valuable and sought after ones?  I think the Elf will probably go nicely with the Santa from Series 8.  The Gingerbread Man too most likely.  But is anyone going to pay anything above retail for them? I don't know.  I just feel really disappointed and want 10 to hang around forever, or at least until 12 comes out and hopefully blows my mind.  Someone please reassure me.

The gingerbread man is of interest, anyone who has seen Shrek would like it. I like the welder too. Am wondering if they are running out of ideas for new characters, I mean how many robots/ warriors/space minifigs due they need to release?

Well, I am excited for the series in general but then again I have a rather wide hit area. :lol: I would never pay above retail for any of them which is already more than we should be paying in the first place. It's ridiculous how the first three series' were $1.99, and then Series 4 released in the middle of 2011 went up to $2.99. It may not sound like much for just one but after purchasing so much as four and you can see how many dollars are literally flying out the window. :wacko:

Well, I am excited for the series in general but then again I have a rather wide hit area. :lol: I would never pay above retail for any of them which is already more than we should be paying in the first place. It's ridiculous how the first three series' were $1.99, and then Series 4 released in the middle of 2011 went up to $2.99. It may not sound like much for just one but after purchasing so much as four and you can see how many dollars are literally flying out the window. :wacko:

One of the very few great things about ToysRus.  They do the BOGO 50 on Lego so often, its easy to get in at 2.25 a piece.  That being said, now TRU will prolly jack them up to 5.00 on the BOGO50 weeks. 

They're fun to open with the kids and are generally pretty interesting or clever.  My only gripe is with which ones they decide to short pack and which ones they fill a case with.  They should generally make the 6 per box ones army builders/cops/.....stuff like that.  Hated getting 7 Skydivers last go. (and no...I don't do feel for them....something weird about a grown man feeling LEGO bags). 

Hated getting 7 Skydivers last go. (and no...I don't do feel for them....something weird about a grown man feeling LEGO bags). 

And that my friends is how TLG makes their money. :D

The whole premise is designed so that the "average" buyer will just grab a few and be hooked then end up with multiples of some when trying to collect the others.

Anybody know the release date of 11? Haven't seen or heard anything yet

Officially I believe it to be September 1 for the States, but they usually trickle in earlier, especially at TRU.  Mine doesn't have them yet I don't think, as I've been pestering them over the last few weeks about when they would get them.