Polybag/Minifig Trading

I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where we can list the polybags and minifigures we have for trade. Just list your location, haves and wants. This should help finding those elusive polys and aid in completing the collectable minifig sets. I will be putting my list together in the next couple of days. Location: US Haves: Wants:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discovery Centers are Legoland Discovery Centers, so not really owned by Lego but they have places you can play with Legos and set you can purchase. They also have classes. Legoland also has exclusives just like TRU so I would guess that would extend to the Discovery Centers. When I lived in southern California the best deal on Legos was always in the tent near the Legoland store. Sometimes the legoland store would have good deals, much better than LEGO Shop at Home. (LEGOS - sorry don't mean to make our European friends cringe, but I've grown up with LEGO bricks being Legos, too lazy to follow LEGO guidelines!)

I spent some time thinking about this thread and it is a great idea! Until recently I lived in Southern CA where I could find items and deals that I know others couldn't find because of Legoland and Lego stores. I moved two months ago and now LEGO Shop at Home looks better to me because I don't have to pay tax. So I now find myself wanting a Lego Friends Advent Calendar for my daughter but they are only at Lego stores or on ebay. On the other hand I have an excess of 2012 Lego Holiday Sets from LEGO Shop at Home. I would be willing to trade two Holiday Sets for one Friends Advent Calendar which I think would be a fair trade. I think it would be great if there was a trading area here where we could trade any items and not just polybags and minifigs!

I spent some time thinking about this thread and it is a great idea!

Until recently I lived in Southern CA where I could find items and deals that I know others couldn't find because of Legoland and Lego stores. I moved two months ago and now S@H looks better to me because I don't have to pay tax.

So I now find myself wanting a Lego Friends Advent Calendar for my daughter but they are only at Lego stores or on ebay. On the other hand I have an excess of 2012 Lego Holiday Sets from S@H. I would be willing to trade two Holiday Sets for one Friends Advent Calendar which I think would be a fair trade.

I think it would be great if there was a trading area here where we could trade any items and not just polybags and minifigs!

We are working on a new template for the site and this is something we will address. I don't want to give too much away, but it basically deals with a more socially interactive site in which members can share things with one another. This is a major undertaking and won't be done anytime soon, but a "swap" feature is a very good possibility. In the meantime, feel free to use this thread as an area to do it. Leaving feedback about trades with other members would also be a good thing. I really don't want to get too involved with transactions between members, but simple and truthful feedback will be allowed.

It would seem that "Elrond" minifigure is going to become much more valuable than it was before.

Take a look at this.

EB Games Canada Reneges on Exclusive Elrond Figure - Brickset

Is GameStop Cheating LEGO Lord of the Rings Buyers? - Buried in Bricks

I feel bad for anybody that took the time to preorder any version of the game to recieve this kind of news. I mean for most of us the exclusive minifig was the only reason we actually preordered the game! It was already pretty bad that people who had preordered the XBOX 360 version could have gotten the demo instead of the full game, but this is just insult to injury.

Anybody that wants "Elrond" will now have to buy him from an eBay seller. Crap....

Maybe LEGO will learn from this and either actually make enough for everyone or go the same route they did with "Chase McCain".

Bugger. I've got two preorders of the game still "pending". I've written them twice to confirm I'll be getting the preorder bonuses when the game finally ships and both times I get a somewhat snarky reply saying "you'll get what you paid for". If I don't get the figures I will be keeping the games and disputing the charge with my credit card company. If they want the games back they can send me a shipping label. If they don't, I'll be selling the games to pay for the figure. Freaking Gamestop.

Freaking Gamestop.

I know. LEGO and Gamestop are going to piss off ALOT of people with this fiasco. You can not offer a preorder special, then renege on the deal. I mean the minifig was part of the deal and the reason you paid what you did! (I read that someone at Gamestop said some 'unlockable' content was part of the preorder, not so much as the minifig. Right, a stupid code I could probably just get from GameFAQs.com!)

LEGO has to rectify this situation or no one will preorder another one of their games ever again.

The "Chase McCain" minifigure was more of a 'free-for-all', but atleast I had no problems getting him!

(Well, eight of him to be exact.)

I feel sorry for everyone that has received their game without the "Elrong" minifigure and hope that something like this never happens again.

Location US Have: 30163 Thor and the Crystal Cube 30165 Hawkeye with equipment 30162 Quinjet 30017 City Police Boat 30200 Monster Fighters Coffin Chauffeur 30152 City Mining Quad 30085 Ninjago Jumping Snakes 30211 Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai with Ballista 30210 Lord of the Rings Frodo with Cooking Corner 30201 Ghost and Grandfather Clock (x3) 30161 Bat mobile (x3) And an Elrond minifigure. Wants: 4547551 Chrome Vader 40076 Zombie Car

Location US

Have:

30163 Thor and the Crystal Cube

30165 Hawkeye with equipment

30162 Quinjet

30017 City Police Boat

30200 Monster Fighters Coffin Chauffeur

30152 City Mining Quad

30085 Ninjago Jumping Snakes

30211 Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai with Ballista

30210 Lord of the Rings Frodo with Cooking Corner

30201 Ghost and Grandfather Clock (x3)

30161 Bat mobile (x3)

And an Elrond minifigure.

Wants:

4547551 Chrome Vader

40076 Zombie Car

Dang KB-Bricks, that's a pretty good collection you have there!

Lucky, lucky, lucky, heh.

Anybody got a lot of collectable minifigs? I need a bunch from all series.

I have 12 "Evil Robots" and 8 "Vampire Bats", maybe I could part with one of them.

......Nah, nevermind. Haha.

Joking aside, I need to collect the first three series (do not have a single guy from any of those, dang it) and finish the rest of Series 4-7. Maybe just like how we have been doing with listing the polybags we have/want, maybe we can do the same for the individual MINIFIGURES as well.

I have 12 "Evil Robots" and 8 "Vampire Bats", maybe I could part with one of them.

......Nah, nevermind. Haha.

Joking aside, I need to collect the first three series (do not have a single guy from any of those, dang it) and finish the rest of Series 4-7. Maybe just like how we have been doing with listing the polybags we have/want, maybe we can do the same for the individual MINIFIGURES as well.

Yep, I will be putting up my complete minifig want list and extras in a bit. Looks like the first 3 series are going to be the hardest to come by. I did luck out and score a lot on ebay for $30 that including the zombie and Spartan. The lot also came with an additional 11 figs.

Series 4

Hockey Player

Series 5

Eskimo

Series 6

Surgeon

Skater Girl

Bandit

Series 8

Lederhossen guy

Diver

Pirate Captain

My Extras:

Series 1: Forestman

Series 2: mime

Series 3: Sumo Wrestler, Rapper, race car driver, space villian

Series 5: Graduate, Gladiator 3, Gangster 3, Lizardman, Fitness Instructor 3. boxer 2, royal guard, cavewomen, egyptian queen,

Series 6: Leprechaun, Classic Alien, Highlander

Series 7: Bagpiper 2, Galaxy Patrol, Computer programmer 3, Evil Knight, Rocker Girl, Daredevil; tennis player, swimmer, bride, neptune, hippie, grandma visitor

Series 8: Cowgirl 2, Fairy 3, Bat 2, Santa 6, DJ