Polybag/Minifig Trading

Not trying to get off-topic, but I feel that with each series it has been becoming progressively easier to 'smoosh' the 'mystery' bags and tell what character is in it at the store. I have a complete Series 8 and bought just about all the 'extras' I want from that series because of how unique they have been getting. I've just created a printout for myself that will help me to find what pieces to 'feel' for in Series 9. So, does anyone else think each series of MINIFIGURES have been getting easier to tell from feel, or is it just me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need all of Series 1 myself, and have only one "Hockey Player" so I'm not much help here.

Well, you are useless :)

I am down to around 22 to complete all the sets. Ended up buying a complete series 3 for $47. I have accumulated a bunch of extras too. Only need 9 more for series 1. Got the big one out of the way though (zombie). I am going to have to edit my have and want list.

Did you post your want list?

Did you post your want list?

....No I didn't. Ugh, I'm such a yutz.

Here we go, my current 'Want' list.

Series 1-3 (all of them)

Series 4

Lawn Gnome

Kimono Girl

Musketeer

Surfer Girl

Viking

The Monster

Street Skater

Sailor

Soccer Player

Hazmat Guy

Ice Skater

Crazy Scientist

Series 5

Inuit

Cave Woman

Zookeeper

Lumberjack

Detective

Eqyptian Queen

Gangster

Series 6

Bandit

Minotaur

Leprechaun

Roman Soldier

Butcher

Genie

Those are all the ones I currently need to complete my collection. I have a complete Series 7 & 8. Between those last two series' I've honed my craft and become such a 'Zen Master of Smooshing', I won't have any problems completing any future series of MINIFIGURES. I'm so hopped up for Series 9!

I might be able to help you with some of them. Did you have any duplicates? Anyone try the minifig swapping sites? I think there is 2 of them "swap minifig series" and another with a similar name. I tried to sign up on the swap minifig series site but never got an email. I even tried contacted the site directly. No dice.

I might be able to help you with some of them. Did you have any duplicates?

Anyone try the minifig swapping sites? I think there is 2 of them "swap minifig series" and another with a similar name. I tried to sign up on the swap minifig series site but never got an email. I even tried contacted the site directly. No dice.

Here's one that I think you were talking about.

Swap Minifigure Series

I saw another with a similiar name (minifigureswap.com) but each one of my anti-virus programs is giving me bad signs.

Now I do have quite a few duplicates but, depending on which one it is, each one I bought for the reason of a MOC or another. I need to go through my list and see which ones I wouldn't mind parting with.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am just 10 away for a complete 1-8 set. Of course I just bought a bunch of series 1 and 2 from someone and they sent me a Forestman instead of the Tribal Hunter. I included in my paypal message the complete list of all the figures we agreed on. After a longer then it should have been discussion, he said he would send me the figure. I hope he comes through. If he doesn't come through, would paypal help me get a partial refund? Or would they make me ship everything back?

Was this an ebay auction? Due to the fact that you included the list of figs in the paypal transaction, you should be good for a partial refund if the guy doesn't come through. He could also just say send them back for a full refund, and you'd be out the shipping too. Paypal/Ebay rarely see it the sellers way unless the buyer is just plain being an ass, which I have dealt with before.

Nope, wasn't an ebay auction. Some guy off of craigslist. Be communicated through text. Said he would try to get it out today. On a side note. Does anyone need any series 8 Santas. For some reason when I blind buy series 8 packs, I always end up with at least one. I am up to 7 now.

Here is my new updated want list. I have to go through my extras again to see what duplicates I have. I should have a bunch now.

Series 1

Tribal Hunter (should be coming in the mail)

Series 2

1 Ski pole

Series 4

Hockey Player

Series 5

Inuit

Series 6

Surgeon

Skater Girl

Bandit

Series 7

Hippie Flower

Series 8

Lederhosen guy

Diver

Pirate captain

Here is my new updated want list. I have to go through my extras again to see what duplicates I have. I should have a bunch now.

Series 1

Tribal Hunter (should be coming in the mail)

Series 2

1 Ski pole

Series 4

Hockey Player

Series 5

Inuit

Series 6

Surgeon

Skater Girl

Bandit

Series 7

Hippie Flower

Series 8

Lederhosen guy

Diver

Pirate captain

I have the following if your interested.

Series 6 Bandit

Series 8 Pirate & Lederhosen Guy

Series 1 - All Series 3: Fisherman Tribal Chief Samurai Warrior Snowboarder (female) Space Villian (Blacktron) Elf Gorilla Suit GuY Space Alien (Space Police) Hula Dancer Rapper Baseball Player Series 4: Musketeer Viking The Monster (Frankenstein) Hockey Player Sailor Soccer Player Ice Skater Crazy Scientist Series 5: Graduate Gladiator Royal Guard Inuit (Eskimo) Lizardman Lumberjack Small Clown Detective (Sherlock Holmes) Evil Dwarf Boxer Eqyptian Queen (Cleopatra) Gangster Snowboarder Guy Series 6: All

I'm sorry, but I don't have swaps of any of the series. When I first started collecting I had loads, but now I am a seasoned bag-groper and so I rarely end up with ones I don't want Add to that the fact that my local shop lets me swap them for others, I don't really end up with many swaps at all. The only ones I need are from series 1,2,3 and mainly series 2. I'm interetsed in this Elrond figure, I reckon that here in the UK it might be in the Sun's polybag give away that is due around feb/march. I'll keep my eyes peeled for those that you guys need, sometimes old swaps turn up in the local shop. I have about 9 of series 9 so far, some of them are great, the cyclops is brilliant. I'll pick the rest up soon. I did manage to get a complete set of the GB olympic figs, still sealed (I have an open set for myself) but I'm going to try to hang onto them until 2016 and see if they are worth more when the Rio Olympics come around (maybe Lego will release a set of Rio ones too)

I'm sorry, but I don't have swaps of any of the series.

When I first started collecting I had loads, but now I am a seasoned bag-groper and so I rarely end up with ones I don't want

Add to that the fact that my local shop lets me swap them for others, I don't really end up with many swaps at all.

The only ones I need are from series 1,2,3 and mainly series 2.

I'm interetsed in this Elrond figure, I reckon that here in the UK it might be in the Sun's polybag give away that is due around feb/march.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for those that you guys need, sometimes old swaps turn up in the local shop.

I have about 9 of series 9 so far, some of them are great, the cyclops is brilliant. I'll pick the rest up soon.

I did manage to get a complete set of the GB olympic figs, still sealed (I have an open set for myself) but I'm going to try to hang onto them until 2016 and see if they are worth more when the Rio Olympics come around (maybe Lego will release a set of Rio ones too)

I still blind buy most of my figs. I still feel weird groping the packages. I was thinking of getting a set of teamGB to complete my minifig set. Might just try to trade for a couple of them. The cylcops figure is definitely one of my favorite minifigs. I love the Greek Mythology figs.

I completed my first trade from another site. I am down to 8 figs to complete all series 1-9 (excluding teamGB)

• 2 weeks later...