9473 - The Mines of Moria

I've still successfully fought 99% of brokerage fees and have had them refunded.  It is getting to the point where I cut and paste a previous complaint and send it to amazon.co.uk.  They always refund.  Maybe because I buy enough from amazon uk, ca and .com, or maybe I'm just lucky, but I refuse to pay any more than the amount I pay at the initial purchase.  Or perhaps I am more elequent in my lengthy complaints and they just refund me $$ because they are tired of reading my emails.

I thought "brokerage" fees were charged by the shipping carrier (UPS, Fedex, etc.) and have nothing to do with the seller.  How on earth did you manage to get Amazon to refund you on brokerage fees?  That doesn't make any sense.

• 5 weeks later...

Was walking into Walmart to pick this up for $54 and someone was literally walking down the Lego aisle with it. 

I made a sad face as it is the only LOTR set we haven't built.  And now they are super expensive online.

So...(begs)....anyone willing to part with a MOM at a reasonable price?

I'm already selling bg2001 one of these for $50.  I'm feeling in a good mood.  I will also do the $50 shipped (in US) for MOM, for the next 2 members who pm me.

let's see how long this takes. lol

That's very nice of you darin.  I hope we can all learn from this when Brick Classifieds goes live.

It is funny how low this set got for a while. Just shows you what a set does in its retail life doesn't affect investment value as much as you think.

I never really saw it below $54 at Wal-Mart, but it was there for a long long time. It only hit $40 online one time and they went quick.

I just don't see the allure of paying much for this set. The 39.99 Target deal, which I missed, was about the most I ever would've paid. The highlights of the set, the Cave Troll and Boromir, can be had for 10 and 6 off Bricklink respectively----what more will drive the price of this up?

I think the pieces, the cave door, and the crypts are pretty great in this set as well.  I even have 2 more loose sets to make the cave larger.