9473 - The Mines of Moria

Funny how this set sits for months at 30% to 50% off, then all of a sudden as soon as it is starting to dry up, people will pay over retail.  The human race baffles me.

It is called wanting what we can't have....and "collectibles"

People can see this stuff not moving but as soon as last drinks are called........

One of the rumored sets for the next wave had boromir, that would make the cave troll and pippin the only exclusives to this set. 

I really do think the cave troll alone will carry the set. I doubt this set will go to the moon in value, maybe $100 at most, but if youre getting them at $50, thats a 100% ROI, not bad these days.

Also, as a side not, it appears shelob attacks is the only set from the first series left on LEGO Shop at Home

I really do think the cave troll alone will carry the set. I doubt this set will go to the moon in value, maybe $100 at most, but if youre getting them at $50, thats a 100% ROI, not bad these days.

Also, as a side not, it appears shelob attacks is the only set from the first series left on LEGO Shop at Home

100% return on investment is great!

Isn't Boromir in this set too?  He is rare so far.

So you're saying if you put a croissant or a drumstick in his hand, he'll keel over?

Yes, unless in right position.... :D The troll is imbalanced sadly....  he is too light compared to his weapon so once the weapon is in his hands it makes him shaky figure at best with limited pose variations...

Yes, unless in right position.... :D The troll is imbalanced sadly.... he is too light compared to his weapon so once the weapon is in his hands it makes him shaky figure at best with limited pose variations...

There used to be some cool looking trolls in the Kingdoms line, didn't there? I regret missing that whole line of wonderful creatures. But that was during my dark ages.

The falling over has been my complaint with the Friends mini dolls. I hope they don't make the same mistake with the new Disney princesses.

• 4 weeks later...

Sold this for $100CAD today. I went online immediately to TRU USA and bought another one and had to add a Funhouse to make it his $100 so I essentially got this for $55USD. Lucky that I got my order in. Now it's no longer available for shipping to home.....phew.......I have only 2 of these sets. Managed to get one more before the time is up on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Did not notice any, but I was not looking for it. I was looking for Modulars that were not there, ie the FB, and Mini Modular. I did notice one of the Monster fighter sets was also 30% off. Might have been 9467.

Milton Keynes is more my local store, but Watford have a better PAB section. They are now out of 2x2 tiles :P