Virtual LEGO Investing Game - Win Prizes!

Here are a few more stats:

bp_1398222240__virtual_mar_best5.jpg

The top set had a 46% price jump from Feb to March.  Unfortunately for most they didn't have any in their portfolio.  There was only 1 lucky/savvy person and that was MartinP who had 1 set.  MartinP had a Tractor set as well and along with Quacs who had 3 was the only ones with those.

That is awesome! I didn't think that the Dino HQ would go up that much so fast. I was thinking that it would be worth around $300, by the time the game was over. Now, all the other sets in my portfolio have to see some significant increases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New results are in!

bp_1402975474__virtual_may_results.jpg

The April and May price guide updates happened simultaneously so we have a 2 month gap from our last update.  Only one more month to go before the contest ends!

IAmElim with his 28 x Wolverine Chopper has taken over top spot after the dip in price for Desert Skiff pushed jojoyojimbi and Mos_Eisley down the rankings a bit.  Starpod and Busch97racing are a little ways back in 2nd and 3rd with their heavy portfolio of 5 x Unimog.

The biggest mover since the March update in the positive direction is njseale up 35 places from 78th to 43rd.  On the slide side we have tdw down 27 spots from 40th to 67th.

• Like 3

I have a feeling I would have a shot if the contest went a month or two longer, but my timing for my strategy looks to be off a bit.

Congrats to IAmElim taking the top spot. If you had not done the #6866 maxout that was the strategy I was going to use. (along with being the one I thought would most likely win.)

New results are in!

The April and May price guide updates happened simultaneously so we have a 2 month gap from our last update.  Only one more month to go before the contest ends!

Ooo, I'm up to 52 now. Doubtful to reach near first place with one month to go but I would be happy to finish in the Top 25 or even 30.

I have a feeling I would have a shot if the contest went a month or two longer, but my timing for my strategy looks to be off a bit.

Congrats to IAmElim taking the top spot. If you had not done the #6866 maxout that was the strategy I was going to use. (along with being the one I thought would most likely win.)

Thanks! I should have managed my real life as I played this virtual game and bought more 6866! But in real life, it's much riskier to put all eggs in the same basket...

One month left. It's not over until it's over!

Just to make sure, what's the grand prize of this? 10179?

Here's some more stats:

Movements from the last price updates:

bp_1403057755__virtual_marmay_best5.jpg

bp_1403057792__virtual_marmay_worst5.jpg

Interesting that the two recent Minecraft releases appear on both lists.  The entry by flyforawhiteguy contained 9 Nethers and 10 Villages, thus almost cancelling each other out.

Most of the other sets were held in low numbers by only 1 or 2 entrants.

• 1 month later...

Here's some more stats:

Movements from the last price updates:

bp_1403057755__virtual_marmay_best5.jpg

bp_1403057792__virtual_marmay_worst5.jpg

Interesting that the two recent Minecraft releases appear on both lists.  The entry by flyforawhiteguy contained 9 Nethers and 10 Villages, thus almost cancelling each other out.

Most of the other sets were held in low numbers by only 1 or 2 entrants.

What I meant to say with mine was, I want all of mine to be Burj Khalifa's... Too late to change?  :negative: