Virtual LEGO Investing Game - Win Prizes!

I am still rooting for mikemcd to win it all.  Just hold your money and do not buy LEGO :D  He should get 0.8% monthly interest assuming he put it all in a savings account

Me too!!

Maybe.  He's a cautious fellow and decided to put the cash under his mattress, doesn't trust dem bank neither!

I put it on UCONN to win: 100/1, now black or red? decisions

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go, updated for March results:

bp_1398219019__virtual_mar_results.jpg

Please check your entries individually and let me know of any issues:

The heavy Desert Skiff strategy seems to be paying off early for the two at the top.  Will it maintain the growth or at least hold off other sets that may go EOL before June?  Time shall tell.

The biggest mover since the Feb update in the positive direction is LegoManiacc up 38 places from 56th to 18th.  On the slide side we have znjndmawn down 64 spots from 18th to 82nd.

• Like 1

why do i have a down arrow when im still in same spot? I cry foul....

Ha, you do too!  My formula only picks up movements of >0 being green, the rest get red.  I'll change it next time so that those with the same position get a nice yellow sideways arrow :)  Looks like the two at the bottom are in the same spot as well.

• Like 2

Ha, you do too! My formula only picks up movements of >0 being green, the rest get red. I'll change it next time so that those with the same position get a nice yellow sideways arrow :) Looks like the two at the bottom are in the same spot as well.

Lol.. Just pulling you leg. Seriously you do a great job on this. Your time is greatly appreciated ;)

Here are a few more stats:

bp_1398222240__virtual_mar_best5.jpg

The top set had a 46% price jump from Feb to March.  Unfortunately for most they didn't have any in their portfolio.  There was only 1 lucky/savvy person and that was MartinP who had 1 set.  MartinP had a Tractor set as well and along with Quacs who had 3 was the only ones with those.

bp_1398222414__virtual_mar_worst5.jpg

At the other end of the scale here are the worst performing sets for the month.  Only 1 unlucky soul had a solitary Architecture Studio, mr_cotta.  An the results above of znjndmawn being the biggest slider down the charts was due to being the only person with Artic Batman, 46 of them for the entire portfolio.

• Like 2

How is it that the top two guys having a starting value above $1,000?

/edit to add:  Wait, I'm guessing that the value of the sets they bought were higher than the $1,000 they had to spend?

If I remember correctly it was something to do with the Desert Skiff's value being too low.  I believe Grolim addressed it somewhere in the middle portion of this thread.

• Like 1

Yep, 66 to 45 to 65!  Those damn Log Cabins haven't moved for you buddy.

I could use a good dose of laxative to pass those Logs. :mosking: Eh, the buy-in was probably too high really. Now had I 'invested' in them around last August or September, I would be doing considerably better at the moment. Well there's a good lesson in timing isn't it? Knowing the best time to buy or sell are both of equal value. Now I know.... and knowing is half the battle! G.I. JOE!!!!
  • Like 1

Here are a few more stats:

bp_1398222240__virtual_mar_best5.jpg

The top set had a 46% price jump from Feb to March.  Unfortunately for most they didn't have any in their portfolio.  There was only 1 lucky/savvy person and that was MartinP who had 1 set.  MartinP had a Tractor set as well and along with Quacs who had 3 was the only ones with those.

bp_1398222414__virtual_mar_worst5.jpg

At the other end of the scale here are the worst performing sets for the month.  Only 1 unlucky soul had a solitary Architecture Studio, mr_cotta.  An the results above of znjndmawn being the biggest slider down the charts was due to being the only person with Artic Batman, 46 of them for the entire portfolio.

Yes, I am that unlucky soul. I picked the Studio thinking I could see it being a $500 set in 6 months time...then a week or so later I saw it was coming back in stock. That was not cool.

How is it that the top two guys having a starting value above $1,000?

/edit to add:  Wait, I'm guessing that the value of the sets they bought were higher than the $1,000 they had to spend?

Both jojoyojimbi and Mos_Eisley cheated. I suggest that you disqualify them at once, leaving me with the top spot again! :)