10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

Anybody that bought some from John Lewis get an email concerning import duties from Aramex?  According to email from Aramex shipment will be held until import duties are paid.  Why is it that when I purchase from Amazon.co.uk that I don't get slapped with these fees? ???  Scam or anybody else in this boat with me and I just happened to not read the fine print.

How many did you order?

Anybody that bought some from John Lewis get an email concerning import duties from Aramex?  According to email from Aramex shipment will be held until import duties are paid.  Why is it that when I purchase from Amazon.co.uk that I don't get slapped with these fees? ???  Scam or anybody else in this boat with me and I just happened to not read the fine print.

This I find fascinating!

If you're ordering products to be delivered to someone else, please make sure they're aware they'll be responsible for these additional charges. Unfortunately we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be, so we're unable to offer any assistance on these processes. We'd advise that you check the import charges applicable in any country before ordering products to be delivered there.

Direct from John Lewis' website under international delivery.  My import duties for 4x SC shipped to CA cost me an extra $108! Target's inflated price of $174 isn't looking too bad right now... except the lack of stock.  Definitely now becoming a long term investment to recoup the charges.  Wished I could have gotten it from Amazon.fr.  I have built one of these and it is a rather exceptional creation.  Looking forward to another LEGO exclusive set to satisfy the aircraft enthusiasts out there.  Speculate anyone?  It can't be the Helicarrier that fills this gap.

I have built one of these and it is a rather exceptional creation.  Looking forward to another LEGO exclusive set to satisfy the aircraft enthusiasts out there.  Speculate anyone?  It can't be the Helicarrier that fills this gap.

Guess a remake of Fokker Dr. 1 may be the next airplane. Would be fantastic to pair with the Sopwith.

No, but John Lewis shouldn't be charging you. If USCIS decides to charge you, they will give you the bill, not John Lewis.

Also, duty is not that high for importing toys into USA. That's insane. (I'm also 99.9999% sure you have not exceeded the threshold requiring duty from UK-USA).

Edited by minicoopers11

This was the email they sent me.... 

Your John Lewis Order - Import Charges

Dear  

This email is to advise you that your John Lewis order number has just been shipped under 
DPD shipment number 

We also need to make you aware that your order has incurred import charges of $ 79.51
This amount includes all customs duties, taxes and handling fees. 

(This Password is valid for 10 calendar days from receipt of this email.) 

As soon as your payment is confirmed with us, your order will be dispatched for final delivery. 

The duties are in addition to any purchase or shipping cost you have already incurred and are the 
responsibility of you ( the importer ) to pay. 
If you would like more information regarding United States Customs regulations for online purchases 
from foreign countries please go to: 
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/basic_trade/internet_purchases.xml 

Please do not reply to this email. 
If you have any inquiries, please contact us at support

Thank you. 
DPD are a shipping provider on behalf of John Lewis

Ouch....That`s weird, so this letter is from Amazon.co.uk? Or John Lewis? If so I`d give them a call and see what`s up, that amount is way too high, at least higher than I`ve ever seen for an order of that size, way higher. What did they list the contents as? Nuclear weapons? Launch codes? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...