10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

eBay has them brand new for $160USD and higher. This is already money in the bag even at $150CAD. I bought two more and shipped it to one of our offices in Canada.

Alright, alright, you convinced me. I'll open up the old wallet. I prefer to get my bigger S&**** sets with double VIP + a polybag or Christmas set, but just in case this stays sold out and moves to retired, I bit.

There are two lego planes I would be into personally.  One is the Red Baron's triplane, and the other is the B-17 (that would be truly awesome at minifigure scale).  The Camel is... eh?  I wasn't impressed by the investment performance of the original model, and I've never met anyone who ever heard of the plane.

There are two lego planes I would be into personally. One is the Red Baron's triplane, and the other is the B-17 (that would be truly awesome at minifigure scale). The Camel is... eh? I wasn't impressed by the investment performance of the original model, and I've never met anyone who ever heard of the plane.

Anyone who ever read peanuts has heard of the Camel. I used to love the adventures of Snoopy and his faithful camel. Then after he was done it was off to quarf root beers. This plane represents a golden age of pioneer aviation and true dogfights. As awesome as modern fighters are...BVR is boring with most fights being done before visuals are even established between the aircraft.

These aircraft are gritty and course. The sheer terror of an open cockpit cloth covered warplane in the middle of a furball with only the pilots skill and metal to carry him through must have been something to see.

Nowdays its just fight's on....fox 2....splash....knock it off.

• Like 1

I recently purchased some and the cashier told me there were more in back.  Bumped my inventory from 4 to 12 recently with this place which I'm excited about because I think it is a winner.  But to corroborate the idea that most people haven't heard of this the cashier asked her co-worker to go grab some more from back "Hey can you grab some more of these S-O-P (prounounced as letters) with camels?"

I tried not to laugh as I pictured a lego set of standard operating procedures with a camel maxifigure.

Six weeks ago I was able to purchase five SC's from the Lego Store at downtown disney, who were still receiving shipments of it. Since then... Nada.

I love this set as it appeals to the plane lovers, Peanut fans, and those who appreciate world history. Grateful to have gotten a few as it does appear to be done...

Was at my local Lego store 3 days ago and was directly told that this set and the Haunted House have been "officially retired". Of course, the staff know nothing, but what the 2 people I spoke with appeared certain about was that they can now "only be picked up on the secondary  market". 

Personally I waited on the Sopwith camel for investment, I`ve now bought a stack of them through separate orders, I love this set and from waht I`ve seen the people who also love it will be willing to pay quite a premium for it. I missed the Haunted House though, that one I really screwed up on. Figured it would be out till end of year, big, big, big, big, huge mistake!! Gah!!!

• Like 1

I'm still stockpiling 10226s when found at MSRP or better. I've been lucky enough to still find used sets pretty cheap as folks are concentrating on new / sealed ones. I did miss out on cheap used one yesterday though as I didn't have enough time for a last min bid (school trip with my son). I made up for it by ordering an extra desert during lunch.

Another nice thing is the box isn't too big for storage.

• Like 1

I received my sopwith from walmart.ca yesterday and this is what it was packed in...attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1413651719.396825.jpg

Cardboard paper!!! It was in relatively good condition, a couple of creases here and there but I was expecting the worst when I was ripping it open.

I think you really lucked out...I would have guessed serious damage to the box based on the photo alone.

It is strange... It is YOUR historical plane! It would be like a Winston Churchill butter sculpture being sold on EBay to an American top-bidder.

National pride is on the line. It is a true patriot's duty, for King and Country, to purchase the remaining 11,238 SC sets immediately.

• Like 2