10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

Yes I am starting to wonder how many of the Spaceman I am going to end up with and if I should start clearing some of them at the $20 each. Currently I plan to continue to accumulate and hold.

If there was any promo to risk holding, it's this one. The presentation of the box is pretty nice, nice enough to have the box on display.

Worst comes to worst, if your holding a bunch of these and they tank, you could do a moc of an "Intel Pentium" commercial!

Note re: Spaceman promos.  If you get one with a backordered set, the Spaceman box will ship by itself in a bubble envelope.  It doesn't pancake as nicely as Lone Ranger Cavalry sets, but you can expect some box damage.  Getting it with an in-stock item avoids this problem (if you have multiple items you want, I would buy the in-stock items to combo with Spaceman and wait for a polybag promo to combo with backordered sets).

• Like 1

Note re: Spaceman promos. If you get one with a backordered set, the Spaceman box will ship by itself in a bubble envelope. It doesn't pancake as nicely as Lone Ranger Cavalry sets, but you can expect some box damage. Getting it with an in-stock item avoids this problem (if you have multiple items you want, I would buy the in-stock items to combo with Spaceman and wait for a polybag promo to combo with backordered sets).

Refer to spaceman thread, I have pics of today's delivery.

Credit where it's due:

A lot of you nailed this retirement date via numerous readings of the tea leaves.  Anyone looking for proof that there are investors on this site who get forthcoming EOL times right need only read back through the last 3 weeks worth of these posts.

Thanks to all for the heads-up; I owned 0 of these before 2 weeks ago but got 5 in before the ax fell.

One of the problems with the Sopwith is that the box doesn't do it justice, I find it totally unappealing, whereas the set itself is pure awesomeness!

Spot-on. Just built this - the articulation is phenomenal.  I have a feeling I will regret not fully-stockpiling this set.

well i just managed to get 2, but I have a feeling that we will see it a couple of months more....

I'd be pretty surprised to not see another production run or two - I know it has gone in and out of stock a bit, but it seems too good to be true to have another large/exclusive retire right now.

I'd be pretty surprised to not see another production run or two - I know it has gone in and out of stock a bit, but it seems too good to be true to have another large/exclusive retire right now.

I really think it is done.

No one else seems to be carrying it any more, I was told some Lego stores have a retiring soon sign and it is popping in and out on availability like SSD did.

It is also over 2 years on availability.

I predict its gone before Christmas more runs or not.

Does TRU Canada ship to the US?

Nope. But if you have friends or work for a Canadian company, have it sent to their address. Eventually, you'll pick them up. The TRU CA says limit is 2 but if you enter multiple orders, they still ship. They already processed three of my orders of two to the same EXACT address. Puzzling but why limit if they're allowing multiple orders? I have a feeling they're shipping it with the lego boxes.

Whether this is truly done, I have my suspicion as it is still available in Australia and New Zealand SAH. Same in Europe and limit is 5.

Nope. But if you have friends or work for a Canadian company, have it sent to their address. Eventually, you'll pick them up. The TRU CA says limit is 2 but if you enter multiple orders, they still ship. They already processed three of my orders of two to the same EXACT address. Puzzling but why limit if they're allowing multiple orders? I have a feeling they're shipping it with the lego boxes.

Whether this is truly done, I have my suspicion as it is still available in Australia and New Zealand SAH. Same in Europe and limit is 5.

How many to a lego box?