10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

It's only been 18mths on the market so I'm thinking it may be another year possibly more.  January is a tough time for retirement dates, as there are plenty of sets that just have their stock run down up to Xmas and have temporary supply shortages, and this is mixed with genuine EOLs for sets as well leaving shelves at years end.

Still need to pick one of these up to build. You guys are right I`m thinking, it is starting to look pretty scarce. Would be nice if they are still available for x2 VIP in (rumored) March. That would be the next best time to buy, assuming of course that there are no major promotions in the next 2 months.

Guest TabbyBoy

General question....why would an item such as the 10226 go for a huge premium on Ebay if one can still ( currently ) get in on S&**** ?

Because some buyers are stupid?  I was selling Dolphin Cruisers for

I'd tend to agree with most that S&**** has enough stock to clear the two year mark (June 2014) and then, like many big sets, disappear in the fall of 2014.  I checked a couple days ago and the buying limit was still five - if it really were EOLing at 18 months I'd expect the buy limit to be 1 or 2 (like Helm's Deep when it was limit 1).  Of course, I'm usually wrong about most things in life, so....

IIRC the 10220 VW T1 Camper has been out there a bit longer than the Camel.

Anyways, both have been gone from Amazon EU sites since mid December. Only available from 3rd party sellers.

I need to get my hands on a 10220 asap.

In my book, 10220 > 10226.

General question....why would an item such as the 10226 go for a huge premium on Ebay if one can still ( currently ) get in on S&H ?

Is it available on all Lego Shop regions?  If not then it may be international buyers.

Also there are plenty of people both in the US and around the world that don't know of or use LeGo Shop Online, they just go to Ebay because they know of it and it seems more convenient.  Especially if they can't find the set at their local toy/dept store.

Guest TabbyBoy

its done. I posted about this in the what I heard thread.

Really?  You can still order 99 at Lego UK and Amazon FR/IT have them discounted still.  Lego US allows you to order 5.

Been out of stock on amazon forever. A manager told me it's done. Said manager has never been wrong about anything he has told me. Told me two weeks ago it would not be back in stock. Store has had two ship men's since and it's not back. The other two lego stores in my area do not have this set in stock. Is it officially done... No. But the broncos havnt officially won the sb either.

Been out of stock on amazon forever. A manager told me it's done. Said manager has never been wrong about anything he has told me. Told me two weeks ago it would not be back in stock. Store has had two ship men's since and it's not back. The other two lego stores in my area do not have this set in stock. Is it officially done... No. But the broncos havnt officially won the sb either.

Either way I just picked up another one.

• 4 weeks later...

General question....why would an item such as the 10226 go for a huge premium on Ebay if one can still ( currently ) get in on S&**** ?

You can't imagine how many people don't know that the lego shop exists and so they keep buying (online) on amazon or ebay. I was one of them and I'm sure that a lot of people are the same. Plus, for who that knows that lego shop exists, I'm sure that many are convinced that it's too much expense and so don't visit it.

Guest TabbyBoy

Amazon France is currently the cheapest place to get the SC.  Yes, eBayers are a bit short-sighted as they still pay over the odds for a VW Camper that's still plentiful at Lego and other retailers for RRP.  This helps us when flipping Minecraft sets just before Xmas.

OOS everywhere but shop@home and the 200+ on Amazon, is this the end for the venerable Sopwith? What do you guys think?

I am thinking so. This was OOS on Amazon for a long while before this last restock and it has been gone from all other retailers for a while. My gut says it is close to being done.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker