10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

I tried to stay away but the $88.29 price roped me in when there were only 2 left. Well, that and $47 in amazon points.

Lego investing has made me feel like a Black Friday cow at a mall. I really need more space. If only I could fit another shelving unit as my collection has grown over 200 sets in 10 months.

I tried to stay away but the $88.29 price roped me in when there were only 2 left. Well, that and $47 in amazon points.

Lego investing has made me feel like a Black Friday cow at a mall. I really need more space. If only I could fit another shelving unit as my collection has grown over 200 sets in 10 months.

quick thinking ... i got my two when it was showing 7 left ... i saw that 2 remaining and within an hour ... gone ...

The Lego Sopwith Camel just dropped a few bucks on Amazon.com, down to $95.90.  This is the first time I've seen Amazon discount the Camel in many months.  I've been watching it every day.  Still not enough for me to bite, but we'll see if it drops a little more.  I have one so far I purchased with a $20 off coupon at the Lego Store.

Wasnt this set around 70

I personally think not many are paying attention to this set currently. I only own one but will be buying more when / if it goes on sale.

Once retired, I foresee some nice gains, I just wish it wasn't released before since some folks might opt to buy that (since it should become cheaper after 10226 goes live)

Now if another Red Baron was made, that will be a hit regardless of being a re-issue.

Now if another Red Baron was made, that will be a hit regardless of being a re-issue.

Please, please, please, please, please make another Red Baron, Lego! That would be the kind of awesomeness no one could contain!

Considering they did redesign the Sopwith Camel (and the UCS X-Wing), that doesn't sound far fetched of a dream actually.

Please, please, please, please, please make another Red Baron, Lego! That would be the kind of awesomeness no one could contain!

Considering they did redesign the Sopwith Camel (and the UCS X-Wing), that doesn't sound far fetched of a dream actually.

Great minds think alike. Ha.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in the Lego store in the topanga mall last week and it was nowhere to be found. I asked one of the employees and he said they didn't keep those in stock at their store?

Could be. I've been to a very small LEGO store, and they don't keep in stock a ton of sets, just because they don't have room for them (Watertower LEGO Store comes to mind). I doubt this means a soon retirement, especially since we can't exactly trust what LEGO employees tell us, can we! 

Maybe you should have also asked if they had ever kept the Sopwith Camel in stock in their store. If they've never carried it, it's no wonder that they didn't have it in stock when you were there! :-P

• 3 months later...