6863 - Batwing Battle Over Gotham City

derickb81

Every time I order from Argos all I receive is a smashed up box in a polythene bag.  I placed an order for 10 6865 Avenging cycles last year, 4 days later 10 individual bags turned up, all the sets were squashed with some re-sealed and some even missing Captain America figures.

Thanks for the heads up but I've been put off their 'late finds' forever. IMO this stock is from the returns bin at one of their main distribution centres, hence the online only tag. I'd be much happier if I could reserve for store pickup.

Stu.

Batcave can be reserved for pickup at all of my 10 local stores at 44.99 each. Is it worth picking any up. I have one already, but unsure if it is a good investment to warrant buying any more? There hasn't been much talk of this set or the Batwing recently.

Doesn't matter. It no longer has them. Someone must have literally swooped the entire Argos stock in Northern Ireland in the time it took me to send my last post. My Goodness there are some big time investors out there.

Every time I order from Argos all I receive is a smashed up box in a polythene bag.  I placed an order for 10 6865 Avenging cycles last year, 4 days later 10 individual bags turned up, all the sets were squashed with some re-sealed and some even missing Captain America figures.

Thanks for the heads up but I've been put off their 'late finds' forever. IMO this stock is from the returns bin at one of their main distribution centres, hence the online only tag. I'd be much happier if I could reserve for store pickup.

Stu.

I'm not a fan of their packaging methods either, the same thing happened to me with the Avenging Cycles. I've sold a few of these sets without the box (again squashed by Argos) for ~

• 6 months later...

Anyone else disappointed in this one??? growth has been anemic

Yeah. Too bad that it's still one of the better Batman II sets. Both vehicles are the perfect size for swooshing around. The designs are perfect. Unfort, we have joker minifig's in tons of sets (especially this one) and we have had 1 batcopter and another batplane since this set retired. Too bad it didn't retire at the same-time as the Batmobile...

Yeah. Too bad that it's still one of the better Batman II sets. Both vehicles are the perfect size for swooshing around. The designs are perfect. Unfort, we have joker minifig's in tons of sets (especially this one) and we have had 1 batcopter and another batplane since this set retired. Too bad it didn't retire at the same-time as the Batmobile...

Isn't this a refresh as well? Almost identical if I remember correctly, I have 6 and don't want to let them go as we're my first purchase :-(

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Isn't this a refresh as well? Almost identical if I remember correctly, I have 6 and don't want to let them go as we're my first purchase :-(

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

It is basically a direct refresh of the 2006 set.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10279-building-set-7782-the-batwing-the-jokers-aerial-assault-comparison-to-6863

• Like 1