6863 - Batwing Battle Over Gotham City

derickb81

I think you can get it at Target.com for retail ($35) so it's still available, but it could be gone at any time.  Who knows how many TRU has, but they are rarely below or even near MSRP.  They were $25 prior to Christmas at TRU so I think a lot of people stocked up at a discount.  If you still need one for your collection it's a good idea but I wouldn't load up at this price just yet.

Zskid00 is correct about them being available at target and the TRU price at Christmas.  I don't see them in store anymore except for TRU.  If it's for personal use I say go for it.  As an investment I would pass at that price.  In any case Target.com would be the better place to purchase with the Redcard if you have it.  Extra 5% off plus free shipping and you'll get a free box for storage/shipping in the future..

All 3 minifigures in this set are very solid.  People love the black Batman, and this Joker was only available in this set and the Funhouse.  The Joker Henchman is also exclusive and has always been in high demand on eBay.  The Batwing also sells very well.  So...whether buying for investment or parting out, this set should do well enough as the supply dries up.  I bought quite a few of these at $25, but if I had missed that, I would still buy several even at retail.  There is no way this set will go anywhere but up.  The ceiling may not be super high, but it is sure to be profitable.

Is there a retired super hero set not reaching double retail price, or heading to the direction? wouldn't batwing be another winner?  

Well said.  Unless a Super Heroes set is super lame, it is bound to go up, up, and away!  And so far, there aren't any super lame ones that I know of.

Yep, all the retailers are catching on to the fact that these Lego sets have great secondary market value.  Target has been doing this for a couple months now.  Amazon is also doing this, which makes me feel like crying on a daily basis.  I used to order boatloads of stuff from Amazon, and now I can barely find a deal there that is even worth considering.

• 4 months later...

I think there are better things to put your money in right now. It is retired in the us not sure about Europe. It's a remake s and it's smaller than the original. I personally think it will have slow growth and i will probably get rid of mine at Christmas.

See the following info http://brickset.com/sets/6863-1/Batwing-Battle-Over-Gotham-City :

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=6863-1

10% cagr isn't terrible

• 1 month later...