76012 - Batman: The Riddler Chase

jaisonline

Am very happy to see some more Batman sets come out. Interesting they threw in the Riddler and not Killer Croc though. Might temporarily diminish some of the value in the Funhouse Escape set.

Flash will be a welcome addition for many

I'm a little surprised this has been glossed over so much. I understand the features that make 6857 a likely winner in the secondary market but wasn't a big part of that the presence of the Riddler? Even if this set doesn't sell well, it is going to end up being a MUCH cheaper way to get a Riddler minifig plus the new Flash.

EDIT - I guess the prints are different for each Riddler, so maybe I'm over thinking my 6857 purchases.

I'm a little surprised this has been glossed over so much. I understand the features that make 6857 a likely winner in the secondary market but wasn't a big part of that the presence of the Riddler? Even if this set doesn't sell well, it is going to end up being a MUCH cheaper way to get a Riddler minifig plus the new Flash.

EDIT - I guess the prints are different for each Riddler, so maybe I'm over thinking my 6857 purchases.

I did not realise they were different until this evening. Still, it may have some impact, at least in the short term as now buyers can choose which Riddler they want.

• 4 months later...

I read awhile back a LOT of you all out there were very high with anticipation for this set. Is it still looking like a good buy?  Expectations met?  Start stocking up on them?  I know it's not out just yet....  

It includes the Flash, which is probably the biggest plus. If it remains the only set with that figure, it will boost value. As far as buying goes, no, just no. WAY too early to do that unless you come across and substantial discount. Unless something changes, the set will likely be out for around 2 years (gonna say I minimum 18 months is likely), so plenty of time in the future. Overall 76012 is pretty neat, and is sure to be very, very popular once it`s released. Counting on it to be a solid investment as well, provided people don`t start stocking it like the Funhouse and crushing the value  xD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Supraboy888. You have a lot of time to pick this up on sale.

But if you must have this ASAP, it is listed on Indigo's website as in stock.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/kids/lego/4294966767-cat.html

Grab the Batcave and Two Face chase before pouncing on any of the new releases. People will regret not grabbing any of the other ones. As for the Riddler, seriously, grab the funhouse escape while it's still around. I think it's almost done.