10237 - Tower of Orthanc

The writing is on the wall with this set, and I think sooner than later.  Lego.com cleaned up the LOTR page, and now there's basically nothing left on it.  All the sets got the retirement tag except the Tower of Orthanc which still sits on the page with "out of stock, will ship in 30 days".  

This is now the only large exclusive I have any hope about retiring before the summer. Red5 and PS seem to have had production confirmed/extended.

from what I have see it has been sitting at 30 days on LEGO Shop at Home more than other exclusives.  it will also hit the 2 year mark in july...

I was thinking quite a bit about buying two more but decided to pass over the last week.  I have my allotment, and i've been waiting for this to retire for a few months. 

Now the question is how fast will it rise in value?  I could see this around 300 to 350 by Christmas.  Could this one go over 500 next year?  600?  Tough to say.  I think the potential is there.  In the grand scheme of things it wasn't out that long, although it does seem to be somewhat horded by investors, so it might take some time, kind of like Helms Deep has.  Too many people with 50 or more in the pot.

​Perhaps the TB? Still 'ship in 30 days' on LEGO Shop at Home US. Let's hope so.

​ToO is still at 30 days in US. and has been for most of the month.  will have to wait to see seal codes from EU. overall though its still likely to "retire" in the near future.  the 2 year mark is july so im waiting to see what happens around then.

that being said nothing is "retiring" this quarter, since there are only a few days left, and at least in the US stuff sits at sold out for months.

Edited by jay4e