10237 - Tower of Orthanc

Hello,

It is nice thanks.

But what is the relation between the Tower and Smaug ?

I have read the books some time ago but I don't think Smaug did meet the Tower in the stories.

pretty sure they dont cross paths but i havent seen the last movie. it does look nice scale wise though.

Hello,

It is nice thanks.

But what is the relation between the Tower and Smaug ?

I have read the books some time ago but I don't think Smaug did meet the Tower in the stories.

It has as much relation to ToO as Black Gate, yet everyone keeps saying you MUST have a black gate with your ToO.

• Like 1

Thank you Greg for posting it on the thread.

Thanks for the feedback... glad everyone enjoyed the photo. I can't say enough for how great the set looks once built.

Locutus we did just that- the rest of the pieces to The Lonely Mountain are in the kid's "general pieces" bucket.

Trek... books are our other obsession!

After looking at that picture, the cost of my plan to build one just went from $199.99 to $329.98...must sell more to make $$$ for this.

• Like 1

Really? This is very interesting information, which can mean that this set will live longer than expected...

It also appeared a month ago in the US with 05R5 dates, so we've known for a while that a new run has hit stores. This just confirms there was a new run in Europe as well.

I thought this one was almost EOL :( oh well.

It can be.

Recent seals mean nothing. Only old seals give us some clues about production.

See the seals of the HH. Some of my HH have seals 38S4 and the set was sold out everywhere on week 43.

edit: oops it's about the same post bricketycricket did 4 minutes ago when I translated my words --'

Edited by biniou

Got my one today from LEGO Shop at Home. 50R4 seals but the top flap seals have been opened and resealed again right over the original seals. Is this a common sight? For what reason?

Yes, it's common.  I had it on one of my sets and there are others that mentioned it earlier in the thread.  Perhaps having to do with Lego thinking they forgot a bag in the 3xR4 packaging edition. 

I'm building my 50R4 set now and haven't found anything missing except a 3x2 brown brick that was meant for the Ent.