10237 - Tower of Orthanc

I don't believe it.

Sarcasm?

The best was getting 8% cash back in points at Walmart during Black Friday sales. You can believe it or not, doesn't really matter to me. I will take the money in my paypal account over your skepticism any day. As more investors come into the market, it is paramount for me to eke out extra % savings to stay competitive. To that end, the extra S&**** discount on double VIP is totally worth it to me. We should have a poll for how long ToO lasts once 2x VIP goes active.

I paid 199.99 plus tax for my two ToO on LS@****. Was there a better way to do it? Exclusives aren't my forte yet. I've started off doing a lot of Walmart flips. I am starting to get my brain wrapped around that business model. Have yet to successfully sell a retired exclusive of course as I just started all this in December. Thanks for your feedback. This community is so helpful. It's surprising really as we are all technically each other's competitors.

• Like 1

I paid 199.99 plus tax for my two ToO on LS@****. Was there a better way to do it? Exclusives aren't my forte yet. I've started off doing a lot of Walmart flips. I am starting to get my brain wrapped around that business model. Have yet to successfully sell a retired exclusive of course as I just started all this in December. Thanks for your feedback. This community is so helpful. It's surprising really as we are all technically each other's competitors.

Sometimes you can get a slightly better buy on exclusives (ie: double VIP point promotions, etc.) but if you're picking the right sets then there's nothing wrong with buying them at MSRP.

• Like 1

Shipments not received at B&M's for some time (at least out West); if you are on the fence I would highly recommend striking.

If you haven't seen the movies, this stunning review says more than I ever could:

And finally- I have a very nice pic of this set, with Smaug on top, that I'd like to post for the forum. The problem is, I do not have a site to host the pic to for linking.

If anyone can assist... please shoot me a PM with an email and I will send it along.

Shipments not received at B&M's for some time (at least out West); if you are on the fence I would highly recommend striking.

If you haven't seen the movies, this stunning review says more than I ever could:

">

And finally- I have a very nice pic of this set, with Smaug on top, that I'd like to post for the forum. The problem is, I do not have a site to host the pic to for linking.

If anyone can assist... please shoot me a PM with an email and I will send it along.

">

Thanks to Raichu for the direction on how to post a picture to the BrickPicker Gallery pages.

This is the first set I've posted and I do it with pride: this build was an absolute blast, and the finished product a masterpiece of Lego ingenuity. We've built many in our home... and watching this set come to life was as great as Lego building gets.

I highly recommend it to fellow personal-collectors... the final product is stunning, and the build interesting and fun..

Hope everyone enjoys.

Edit: Either I can't figure out how to hyper-link the photo, or there's a safeguard on my computer (company firewalls, etc.) that aren't allowing me to link .The photo is uploaded to My Gallery; accessible by clicking my profile if you are interested in viewing the photo.

Edited by Cross
  • Like 1

Thanks to Raichu for the direction on how to post a picture.

This is the first set I've posted and I do it with pride: this build was an absolute blast, and the finished product a masterpiece of Lego ingenuity. We've built many in our home... and watching this set come to life was as great as Lego building gets.

I highly recommend it to fellow personal-collectors... the final product is stunning, and the build as interesting and fun as it gets.

Hope everyone enjoys.

http://brickpicker.com/forum/index.php/gallery/sizes/2019-fullsizerender-5/large/

Your link sent me to Olivia's treehouse 25% off thread.

Edit: delete post

Edited by speedsausage

Thank you Greg for posting it on the thread.

Thanks for the feedback... glad everyone enjoyed the photo. I can't say enough for how great the set looks once built.

Locutus we did just that- the rest of the pieces to The Lonely Mountain are in the kid's "general pieces" bucket.

Trek... books are our other obsession!

Edited by Cross
  • Like 1