7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, looking for some advice. Thinking of getting rid of my last 7965 MF. I've got 4 other retired Star Wars sets that I'm tired of looking at on the shelf. I'm trying to decide between 5 individual E-bay listings vs. a single lot of all the sets vs. some other combo. Curious as to how others might list them. All 5 sets are MISB. Thanks.

7965 Millennium Falcon

7961 Sith Infiltrator

7931 Jedi T6 Shuttle

9492 Tie Fighter

9493 X-Wing

My personal opinion..

I have un-loaded my remaining stock except one for long term hold.

The price has held for a long time, and seems to be going down lately.  Saw a high point of around $250+ around the holidays, but has slowly creeped back down to $180-$220 area.

With a new release imminent, i feel this is great time to make up some profit and move on to other sets.

If there is a winter release for new sets, when does info on these tend to leak out?

If there will be a new MF before Xmas when will we know?

I'm kinda leaning on a 2016 MF release if any. Leaving plenty of room for 7965 to reach higher numbers before then.

Another thought. If the MF generally stays the same with only a different radar dish, why wouldn't Lego just develop an expansion set where it includes the pieces and/or minifigs to update the MF to episode 7?

Then again that'll only benefit resellers and we all know Lego ain't down with that.

• Like 1

I tend to say hold for now.  I really do think original trilogy lego sets have the possibility of boosting upwards with the new movie, especially if it's a good movie.  I think the movie is going to pull in a lot more people that don't even have lego on their radar, and those that have the cash will look towards buying things like rancor pits, snowspeeders, x-wings, millenium falcons, etc.

• Like 2

Alright guys, looking for some advice. Thinking of getting rid of my last 7965 MF. I've got 4 other retired Star Wars sets that I'm tired of looking at on the shelf. I'm trying to decide between 5 individual E-bay listings vs. a single lot of all the sets vs. some other combo. Curious as to how others might list them. All 5 sets are MISB. Thanks.

7965 Millennium Falcon

7961 Sith Infiltrator

7931 Jedi T6 Shuttle

9492 Tie Fighter

9493 X-Wing

Tardy response, but..

IF you are responsive to ebay try doing it both ways. (assuming BIN format)

List all sets together, then each individually. The chances of your listings selling at the same time are pretty slim. Just make sure you end your other listing.

However I think a 7965/9493 combo would do well or 9492/9493.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...